• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Explore once again in the Archaeology event!

Thunderdome

Emperor
Okay, so finally I got to the waiting game part of the quest lineup where a new one comes in x amount of time, LOL. So far, it's been nice as I see the improvement of the number of scrolls given (up from your usual 50 for quests before the 4th milestone and 70 for those after it to the end) that makes it easier to afford the 395 pack multiple times (be foolish to spend all those scrolls on just single items unless it's the final hours of the event and you can't get 395 together). I had been stopping when I see full day gems (I missed a few days since I was doing other things in real life), but seeing that I got a mass number of stuff to use and only close to 9 days left, I was wondering if the daily special (or some sort of madness) is going to contain selection kits for this event building (which I find a total rip considering I am going to get upgrade kits for the main building and it's up to level 5).

We're given one from the quest lineup, but we're going to need 5 more (that I don't see up to this point anywhere) in order to get the full effect. So, if this is not going to be possible, I might just sell all to the AD since it's just a rip off. Reminds me of that Genie joke where you make a good wish and that wish gets messed up with something else.

I only saw one or two quests thus far that required productions of the same age which I had some other buildings (and time) of doing. However, I felt more comfortable in having just productions (of any building, including ones I can take 20 minutes in putting down into the city and start after they were done) and not within an age or two as many of us are smart in utilizing buildings that won't be plundered (if motivated) for the collection.

Nonetheless, it's a fun event for now. Wonder what the remaining 8 has in store for us.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
My final feedback (for now) is that I think the event is well balanced with the improvements from last year, and the changes to the Butterfly Set makes it a worthy reward. The main remaining thing I'd like to see changed is the Grand Prizes. Instead of individual house upgrades and garden selection kits, I'd much rather see a full set selection kits with both the house and gardens. The beauty of set buildings is that they allow for a lot of creativity, but this is limited by giving the individual parts. If a player wants to focus only on the gardens they'll end up with unused pieces, which as a player doesn't feel nice.

I understand that it's done to encourage players to get the standard design, and I don't really expect this to be changed, but personally I don't agree with that philosophy. I'd much rather see the creative players rewarded than "punished" for thinking out of the box. I'd much rather see the endless possibilities of set buildings embraced than actively limited. Instead heavily suggesting what choices the players should make (you have regular event buildings for that), let the players decide! There wouldn't be anything stopping people from just going with the standard layout :)

A middle ground could be to change the milestone rewards back to being selection kits, and/or change all the butterfly grand prizes after you've gotten the full first set into full selection kits.

Kaidi

Farmer
I'd much rather see the creative players rewarded than "punished" for thinking out of the box.

Please, please, please. I don't mind putting a single full set in, because I think it's gorgeous. But I'm not going to go for another full set - and then sell the 5 butterfly house pieces - to get just six gardens, and do that 2-3 times to have enough to do anything with. That means I won't be doing my normal game buy. It just makes those gardens wayyyy too expensive.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
My final feedback (for now) is that I think the event is well balanced with the improvements from last year, and the changes to the Butterfly Set makes it a worthy reward. The main remaining thing I'd like to see changed is the Grand Prizes. Instead of individual house upgrades and garden selection kits, I'd much rather see a full set selection kits with both the house and gardens. The beauty of set buildings is that they allow for a lot of creativity, but this is limited by giving the individual parts. If a player wants to focus only on the gardens they'll end up with unused pieces, which as a player doesn't feel nice.

I understand that it's done to encourage players to get the standard design, and I don't really expect this to be changed, but personally I don't agree with that philosophy. I'd much rather see the creative players rewarded than "punished" for thinking out of the box. I'd much rather see the endless possibilities of set buildings embraced than actively limited. Instead heavily suggesting what choices the players should make (you have regular event buildings for that), let the players decide! There wouldn't be anything stopping people from just going with the standard layout :)

A middle ground could be to change the milestone rewards back to being selection kits, and/or change all the butterfly grand prizes you get after you've gotten the full first set into full selection kits.

They did this with fall set when it was a main prize as well. While I'd prefer it the way you request, I'm more or less accepting of that not being the case: it keeps the spending high if someone *really* wants something specific in the first year. And there's still some room for creativity - I was able to do an 8 piece set with fall the first year that was of stuff I wanted instead of intended layout before I had to win a bunch of barn upgrades in order to get more fields. And I guess it'll be similar here where you can choose either a 7 piece custom layout (not sure if 8 is available - wiki's grand prize list isn't updated to reflect the switch from butterfly to field selection) or the intended layout.

Larger custom layouts can come next year.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I don't agree with that philosophy. I'd much rather see the creative players rewarded than "punished" for thinking out of the box. I'd much rather see the endless possibilities of set buildings embraced than actively limited. Instead heavily suggesting what choices the players should make (you have regular event buildings for that), let the players decide!
Something similar happens with the settlements. When they noticed players solving diplomacy creatively by swapping roads temporarily they decided to make you spend settlement coins. Later they rolled the change back for Vikings and feudal Japan. Still they made Mughal empire forcefully in an similar way an massive coin grind at the start of the settlement. I ain't surprised that they'll do something similar again but I strongly agreed with you and felt instantly the same when I saw the milestones for the first time.

After having finished almost everyything of this event I found out the following...
1. Far to many shards over the first weeks
2. Far to less possibilities for the last 3 tablets
3. The event building is really not worth building it

I'm enjoying Archeology and I actually like the butterfly house +. The additional flowerbed boosts are great in EMA. I hope it is as easy to get all the elements when it goes live which will add to its appeal for lower ages and/or those with space to build. I have an observation about the female figures appearing in the animations of recent event buildings. They all seem to be hopping around erratically, alone, without purpose. Animated male figures are interacting with others, not sheep, socializing (read: drinking) or working. What's up with that?

6zeva9

Baronet
Is it me or does this Event go live on a Sunday or Monday?
Even if it is a Monday, the first Monday in May is a public holiday in the UK(EN server).
Cannot remember which Event if any started on a live server on a Monday.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I do not like that there still is no exchange option for the clay tablets...
it is quite frustrating when the last tablet for the collection is not showing up - even diamond investment does not help if you are just unlucky...

I propose that:
- for getting a common tablet you need to offer all three of the other common ones
- for getting a silver tablet you need to offer a different silver tablet and one of each of the 4 common tablets
- for getting a gold tablet you have to offer one of each of the other tablets

podkap1970

Emperor
I do not like that there still is no exchange option for the clay tablets...
it is quite frustrating when the last tablet for the collection is not showing up - even diamond investment does not help if you are just unlucky...
i miss the golden clay tablet, i also could spend many diamonds, but i guess this will not help

so yes please let us exchange 5-10 wrong tablets for a right one ;)
its just an Avatar you get at the end, the extra tools i dont need :)

Thunderdome

Emperor
Okay, two milestones I had accomplished in my little life: completing the calendar which nets me two butterfly selection kits -AND- completing the tablet museum of all 8 tablets.

While I can say this was an improvement (or maybe I just got lucky on it), I was able to complete the event without spending any diamonds as well. If Inno makes a few tweaks where we can get lucky (I'd be better off in getting a toilet seat made of gold than asking) on the tablets for when this hits live, I am sure those will like it. Just don't change the number of scrolls unless you're putting in more. It's just fine the way it is.

GateKeeper

Baronet
So without Diamonds even being used, doing all quests, the gem wheel, I got 11 kits. So with 11 kits and trying to use No Roads, you can get 3 Marigold, so thats 9% AB and DB for your AA, and 4 of each Sapphire and Magenta Arches, those equal 24 FPs, 52 Goods for 42 Spaces, no roads needed.

Now you can go set + 5 add-ons with the 11 total kits. So you can do 20FPS, 53 Goods, AB for AA 18%, DB for AA 10%, and yes a throw in DB for DA 8% as the set stats for 43 spaces (3 are roads), than you have 5 kits to play with, using the Marigold x2 and both Arches 1 of each, than just choose between more FP or more Goods for the 3rd. So additional to the set is 6% AB and DB + 10 FPs, 17 Goods (using two Sapphire) totals 64 spaces, (61 bldg spaces + 3 roads needed)

guess it comes down to what you need in your town. more Eff FP and Goods, vs more Eff Fighter stats
FP EFF%Goods EFF%AB% EFF%DB% EFF%DB/DASpaces
Set + 5 adds30 0.4770 1.0924 0.3816 0.23864
11 add (no road)24 0.5752 1.239 0.21 9 0.21--42

Last edited:

blueskydwg

Steward
I was just watching MooingCat's video on the new Butterfly buildings and I THOUGHT he said that the Wildflower meadow, which requires a road, will still give the attack boost even without a road? Did I understand that correctly? Guess I could just build it and see, but it's so much more fun to ask here. :)

Last edited:

estrid

Baronet
Was the calendar reward just 20 FP's ? That's not enough for such a work. I didn't get any new pic at least.

Edit: Just found the box from the inventory.. Rewards look good :D

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I was just watching MooingCat's video on the new Butterfly buildings and I THOUGHT he said that the Wildflower meadow, which requires a road, will still give the attack boost even without a road? Did I understand that correctly? Guess I could just build it and see, but it's so much more fun to ask here. :)
Although I still consider it a bug, apparently that it is the expected behaviour, yes - you do not get the happiness, but the boosts

With the upgrade to the Butterfly set stats I think it's been easy to look at the overall boost and viability of the set. However, I am not sure all the individual pieces really work (even if they do allow for good layouts). In particular, the Marigold Patch just seems fundamentally weak, especially compared with the Wildflower Meadow.

MP: 5% supplies, 3% attack, 3% defence, needs 3 connections
WM: 10% supplies, 10% attack, needs 2 connections

I don't think there is anyone that would trade 7% attack and 5% supplies for 3% defence on a harder set piece to use.

Clearly not everything can be completely balanced, but at the very least it feels like MP should offer something for the extra connection required, even if it was just the supplies % being higher, not just be inferior in almost every way.