• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Explore once again in the Archaeology event!

Leones

Marquis
I've heard nothing since, apart from the usual "thank you for your message, we will look into it" from support

I'm not keen on the word "should" - WILL is better anyways, the day after your tomorrow and it's still crashing the game; therefore not fixed
Unfortunately the daily deployments we're used to are on hold due to technical issues, which are hopefully resolved soon and it'll be fixed once the game is updated after.

6zeva9

Baronet
You mean Memorial Day? There is always a holiday somewhere in the world, so I don't think minor holidays make any difference to when an event starts.
Memorial Day in the USA in the UK in a normal year the first Monday is the Mayday Bank Holiday Weekend and the last Monday is the Spring Bank Holiday.

6zeva9

Baronet
Straight forward question, here, asked with the utmost of respect. What does a game event start or running have to do with avoiding a holiday? Is the upcoming holiday a day where folks in the culture would not be permitted to use technology or very busy with family? From my experience missing the first day or day in the middle of an event will not affect much, if anything. Asked out of curiosity to obtain knowledge, thanks.
As a Public holiday shops are only allowed to open in line with Sunday hours and pay rates. The only other work places that are open are those in the Entertainment area Pubs, Restaurants, Cinemas, etc.
Most players experience issues on the first day of an Event. If the Holiday was in Germany the Event would not go live as there would be no support staff available, who is to say that the EN server team will be able to connect if they are in areas suddenly invaded by sun seeking families.
Mondays also tend to be the day that Support Staff are dealing with issues that need Developer Team help.

CrashBoom

Legend
If the Holiday was in Germany the Event would not go live
obviously
Inno is a german company

but UK is not even EU

so why should Inno avoid all holidays in all countries ?
it would already too difficult to do all from the EU.

for example: May 3rd is Constitution Day in Poland (an EU country)
and they even have their own server :D

and then checking all holidays of the rest of the world (like UK)?

so why should Inno avoid all holidays in all countries ?
it would already too difficult to do all from the EU.

for example: May 3rd is Constitution Day in Poland (an EU country)
and they even have their own server :D

and then checking all holidays of the rest of the world (like UK)?
Just in the US, May 3rd is:

And May 4th is National Star Wars Day. Can't forget that holiday! And May the Fourth be with you :p

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
You guys in the states must have a very busy day then, from the looks of it. Camping in all those celebrations within the same 24h seems like a lot to me. Meanwhile I'm already having severe time shortages from just only 1 holiday. Any good tips?

Thunderdome

Emperor
Straight forward question, here, asked with the utmost of respect. What does a game event start or running have to do with avoiding a holiday? Is the upcoming holiday a day where folks in the culture would not be permitted to use technology or very busy with family? From my experience missing the first day or day in the middle of an event will not affect much, if anything. Asked out of curiosity to obtain knowledge, thanks.
Actually, I have seen gaming developers steering clear of their native holiday to start an event as they won't be in on the day of the holiday.

Meh, May 3rd is just May 3rd for me, lol. I'm protesting Star Wars (why did they have to kill HAN) always on the 4th. 5th of May, tacos rule! And 6th, Jose's back on the mothership home. Too many ordinary days for me, but the 11th, I might just turn off all GPS and hide somewhere. Don't want Annum 48 to lay another shot through its crosshairs.

caromagno

Farmer
I don't understand why they don't create new events, instead of doing a constant recycling of the same events over and over again, understanding that the events are once a year and should not always be the same. can someone explain to me?

Maybe this is neither the time nor the place to express it, but if you allow me, everyone talks about events... fields, PVP, and the face-to-face arena, but what about GvG? I remember when a new era began and there was a new map and we were all there .... sharing a great moment, and that was lost ... something supplants the CdB, but the social interaction that exists in GvG, cannot be equaled, the adrenaline .. winning the sector, battling against 3 guilds, and everything that implies who is a lover of GvG knows it, he has completely forgotten .. of the GvG

Last edited:

ArklurBeta

Baronet
Maybe this is neither the time nor the place to express it, but if you allow me, everyone talks about events... fields, PVP, and the face-to-face arena, but what about GvG? I remember when a new era began and there was a new map and we were all there .... sharing a great moment, and that was lost ... something supplants the CdB, but the social interaction that exists in GvG, cannot be equaled, the adrenaline .. winning the sector, battling against 3 guilds, and everything that implies who is a lover of GvG knows it, he has completely forgotten .. of the GvG

As far as I know, the developer(s) who worked on GvG isn't at the company anymore, so to speak. Inno said in an announcement that they won't add anything to GvG, only do bugfixes as needed.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
That's quite the stealth currency nerf between beta and live. I realise being ill is probably the reason for the announcement being late, but wow... That's over 2 full toolsets less for the event on live.

Using halloween as a point of comparison, I think it's probably "fine". Both required 8 pieces on top of the milestone to complete(Edit: Archaeology only requires 7 additional pieces - L2 butterfly + 2 gardens from milestones) and the new currency total is only a little lower than halloween's was (9 more rush quests at same value each (+360), lower daily login value (-210), lower milestone total (-316).

But *ouch*. Going to have to reconsider plans.

Now that this is on the last day on live, is anyone building the butterfly set? I'm not a fan of set buildings and I don't trust the opinions of people on live forum LOL

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@planetofthehumans2 despite the stunningly beautiful design and somewhat decant-ish stats, I'm not gonna build it in it's entirety. Probably not even in parts, the requirements to activate the benefits useful to me are simple holding me back from it. The size of the set too. Though I could probably replace my horror circus, I'm just not appalled enough to go through the struggles.