• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Explore once again in the Archaeology event!

Ironrooster

Baronet
So I managed one complete set of tablets. The second set lacked one silver tablet.

I also completed the reward calendar with 35 left over shards

Still, I got the main building plus all 6 gardens.

I also got 5 additional gardens which I used for 2 extra wildflower meadows, 2 magenta arches, and 1 sapphire arch. While I could have done the extra gardens differently, this way gave me a compact add on with a mix of attack boosts, goods, and FPs.

Astrid

Baronet
For the first time I managed to obtain all 6 tablets and I also finished the calendar. While the chances to get the daily special are a bit low, the event so far for me has been great. As for the improved main reward, it's great, I am happy with what it offers. The only drawback is that the house acts like a decoration and in a large end-city it's very likely to be plundered.

drax

Merchant
Pathfinder
that is why we get 200 FP, 100 goods, a portrait and 2 selection kits for the whole calendar
Did you manage to get the portrait yet? All it does is crash the program and despite being reported over 36 hours ago and the 12 hour ago "maintenance" update today, it's still b0rked!!

Thunderdome

Emperor
1650306503665.png
Butterfly Sanctuary Set (1 Main Building, 6 Additional Buildings)

So, I decided to trash the outdated Classical Garden Set (Modern Era) which was an eyesore (I cannot bear to watch anymore) and replaced part of the real estate with the Butterfly Sanctuary Set (Tomorrow Era). The rest of the real estate was filled with other buildings I wanted to keep after doing a little house cleaning (okay, it's more like city cleaning). For now, this will make me relax as I watch the butterflies flutter around (even with a better computer, Inno is still popping me with that infernal turn off animations pop-up; I don't want to, I like it when I see things going about in my city).

I still have additional selection kits in my inventory that I will keep for the moment.

The only drawback is that the house acts like a decoration and in a large end-city it's very likely to be plundered.
The building itself looks like it's higher on the aid priority list (at least in my city) so it won't get plundered if it is motivated by a friend. Else, you can toss a Self-Aid Kit on it and it will be protected from being plundered (as was told by others and Wiki) since it will be motivated. I have yet to find if the arches (since they give out FPs and Goods) are plunderable since they were not motivated (and other buildings on the aid priority list were). So, if anyone knows (as I do not see any info on Wiki), let us know.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
View attachment 7962
Butterfly Sanctuary Set (1 Main Building, 6 Additional Buildings)

So, I decided to trash the outdated Classical Garden Set (Modern Era) which was an eyesore (I cannot bear to watch anymore) and replaced part of the real estate with the Butterfly Sanctuary Set (Tomorrow Era). The rest of the real estate was filled with other buildings I wanted to keep after doing a little house cleaning (okay, it's more like city cleaning). For now, this will make me relax as I watch the butterflies flutter around (even with a better computer, Inno is still popping me with that infernal turn off animations pop-up; I don't want to, I like it when I see things going about in my city).

I still have additional selection kits in my inventory that I will keep for the moment.

The building itself looks like it's higher on the aid priority list (at least in my city) so it won't get plundered if it is motivated by a friend. Else, you can toss a Self-Aid Kit on it and it will be protected from being plundered (as was told by others and Wiki) since it will be motivated. I have yet to find if the arches (since they give out FPs and Goods) are plunderable since they were not motivated (and other buildings on the aid priority list were). So, if anyone knows (as I do not see any info on Wiki), let us know.

They shouldn't be plunderable. No other roadless production building is (i.e. victory towers, gongs, the 1x3 harvest fields).

zookeepers

Marquis
The main remaining thing I'd like to see changed is the Grand Prizes. Instead of individual house upgrades and garden selection kits, I'd much rather see a full set selection kits with both the house and gardens. If a player wants to focus only on the gardens they'll end up with unused pieces.

I understand that it's done to encourage players to get the standard design, and I don't really expect this to be changed, but personally I don't agree with that philosophy. I'd much rather see the creative players rewarded. I'd much rather see the endless possibilities of set buildings embraced than actively limited.

I do NOT agree with this.
If you focus completely on the gardens, we would have easy, really easy solution for planning.
I mean, placing 3 Wildflower Meadows and 3 Sapphire Archs surrounding 1 Magenta Arch would give you
14 FPs + 30 attack boosts from 30 tiles.

You need some road connections, so is not too easy to introduce elsewhere in your city,
but because its convenience, I'm sure many of you guys would copy and paste the same pattern over and over,
if you got numerous full selection kits.
I don't call it creative.

Using the main building is actually more creative.
You don't have to copy and paste the standard design. You can custom the design to add garden pieces as you like,
(I know many of you would like the Sapphire Arch or the Wildflower Meadow),
And also, if you have got 2 or 3 full upgraded main building, you can place them close together and
put the undesired piece in between, to reduce needs of it. (A single Snapdragon Bloom can feed up to 4 Butterfly Houses.)

Configuration using the main building is much more various.
So, encouraging the use of it isn't killing creativity.

I DO agree that it was better if one or two full kits were listed as the grand prize.
but not really necessarily, I think.

6zeva9

Baronet
Asked earlier but not answered.

Do you still plan to launch this Event on Live servers on Monday 2nd May (a Public Holiday in UK[part of EN Server Area]).

Leones

Marquis
We never really announce release dates beforehand, you'll know when it'll be released when we post an announcement about it.

CrashBoom

Legend
Asked earlier but not answered.

Do you still plan to launch this Event on Live servers on Monday 2nd May (a Public Holiday in UK[part of EN Server Area]).
imagine they would care about every holiday in every non-EU country where players are from o_O

do you know events start on all live servers on the same day ?

While they've changed the date that events start on beta compared to the mystery box countdown, on live they've never deviated from the countdown yet. So it is a fairly safe assumption that the beginning of the event will match the mystery box.

mcbluefire

Baronet
We never really announce release dates beforehand, you'll know when it'll be released when we post an announcement about it.

That's quite the circular negating statement. ;0) I suppose the real (and only) announcement we'll get about it is when the timer shows up a couple days ahead of start. LOL

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
While they've changed the date that events start on beta compared to the mystery box countdown, on live they've never deviated from the countdown yet. So it is a fairly safe assumption that the beginning of the event will match the mystery box.

They have, once. An event didn't have some currency changes that were supposed to happen between beta and live activated. It launched on some servers but got turned off, and postponed for 3 days while they made sure the changes that were supposed to be there were there.

6zeva9

Baronet
This date is calculated from the Event Surprise Box which opens at the start of an Event as mentioned by others. If you get the Event Surprise Box you have a reliable guide to the start of the next Event.
I am asking that someone please look at the current go live dates to avoid such dates. It may be the reason that most Event would start on a Tuesday or Thursday as they tend not to be public holidays.
Irony Thursday 2 June 2022 will is a one off public Holiday along with the Friday, to celebrate Queens 75th Jubilee (moved from Monday 30 May).

mcbluefire

Baronet
This date is calculated from the Event Surprise Box which opens at the start of an Event as mentioned by others. If you get the Event Surprise Box you have a reliable guide to the start of the next Event.
I am asking that someone please look at the current go live dates to avoid such dates. It may be the reason that most Event would start on a Tuesday or Thursday as they tend not to be public holidays.
Irony Thursday 2 June 2022 will is a one off public Holiday along with the Friday, to celebrate Queens 75th Jubilee (moved from Monday 30 May).

Straight forward question, here, asked with the utmost of respect. What does a game event start or running have to do with avoiding a holiday? Is the upcoming holiday a day where folks in the culture would not be permitted to use technology or very busy with family? From my experience missing the first day or day in the middle of an event will not affect much, if anything. Asked out of curiosity to obtain knowledge, thanks.