• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Explore once again in the Archaeology event!

Finkadel

Marquis
how is that? I am only missing 2 of the side pieces... and I did not even try
also got 9 DS so far
I am missing three of them. Maybe I will manage to get two, but three - I seriously doubt it... I got 14 DSs so far.

But if it is changed toward getting all set live, that is good change, I won't complain about it further :)

Havik79

Baronet
OK well, I did dump on Inno for the bad stuff, so at least this is an improvement.

So the Daylily is 1% less than the ochre yard, and the Wildflower is 2% less than wheat, not bad.
So Wild efficiency of 1.6 and day for 1.75 compared to 2 for harvest.
  • Butterfly House Level 2: 2. bonus changed to 2 goods
    [*]Butterfly House Level 3: 2. bonus increased to 4 goods, 4. bonus removed
    [*]Butterfly House Level 4: 2. bonus increased to 6 goods, 5. and 6. bonus removed
    [*]Butterfly House Level 5: 2. bonus increased to 10 goods, 4. bonus increased to 4 Forge Points, 5. bonus increased to 30 goods, 6. bonus increased to 10 Forge Points
    [*]Marigold Patch: 1. bonus 5% Supply Boost, 2. bonus 3% Defense for attacking army, 3. bonus 3% Attack for attacking army
    [*]Snapdragon Bloom: 1. bonus 5% Coin Boost, 2. bonus 8% Defense for defending army, 3. bonus 5% Attack for attacking army
    [*]Daylily Flowerbed: 1. bonus 10% Coin Boost, 2. bonus 7% Defense for attacking army
    [*]Wildflower Meadow: 1. bonus 10 Supply Boost, 2. bonus 10% Attack for attacking army
    [*]Saphire Arch: 1. bonus: 4 goods, 2. bonus 4 Forge Points
    [*]Magenta Arch: 1. bonus: 2 Forge Points, 2. bonus 9 goods

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I am missing three of them. Maybe I will manage to get two, but three - I seriously doubt it... I got 14 DSs so far.

But if it is changed toward getting all set live, that is good change, I won't complain about it further :)
you get one from the questline and two from the grand prizes should be no problem - there still are 12 days left after all...
did you already open the surprise box?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Yeah, set buildings still give boosts without roads, for example the Piazza Clocktower. So it'll definitely look ugly, but you don't need the wildflowers connected :)

Is that a rule? I always thought it a bug that that worked in some cases.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
It works for all previous sets, so would be surprised if it doesn't here. I imagine it's something to do with how the adjacency stuff works behind the scenes.

CrashBoom

Legend
it is a bug

just like: Arc giving his boost with no road connection
which was fixed after a few years

if or when this is recognized by the developers and fixed is another topic

maybe officials even will say it is not a bug. but they often deny bugs and say that is intentionally until they fixed it
(remember a few times my bug reports were classified as not a bug but years later they got fixed)

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
it is a bug

just like: Arc giving his boost with no road connection
which was fixed after a few years

if or when this is recognized by the developers and fixed is another topic

maybe officials even will say it is not a bug. but they often deny bugs and say that is intentionally until they fixed it
(remember a few times my bug reports were classified as not a bug and years later they got fixed)

Kinda what I fear might happen here. Behavior that's existed for some years, and noone much has cared because the advantage of having no road to a piazza clocktower is unimportant - it's not good enough even with that micro-optimization to really feature prominently - and thus a low priority bug.

But if this piece does make it good enough to be taken advantage of then that might call attention to actually fix it - plausibly after someone decided to get a bunch under the assumption that this behavior would continue.

I remember when the cherry set was new and people on live were planning "swap-ins" so that they could collect a ton of extra gongs each day. That fix to reset the timer got announced about a week? after the cherry set went live. Some were already in progress towards getting their field of gongs to rotate in ;)

Dessire

Regent
with the new changes we can get a lot of FPs! too bad that the parts are not a DS :( well . .it also bad that this event is very well known to not allow us earn a lot of DS too, like the halloween event.

How can I unlock all the tiles? It can be done? o_Oo_Oo_O
So that all of the tiles can be seen, not removing all the tiles:

1648937910160.png

So you can see a few shadows there, but unlock sections with the shovel/dynamite that will allow you to "see" whats in the most tiles. For example, using the dynamite to blow up the area under the broken vase, that will allow you to see 3 shadow tiles and allow you to grab the broken vase and the tablet.

I'd also really appreciate if inno...removed all of the tasks that require building or doing supply tasks or collect gold/supply. Like for reals. Its literally a waste of our time and city space so we don't zoom through all the quests which is bs because we have supply skippers and are intelligent enough to plan ahead. It goes against having an efficient city to dedicate however many tiles to do 12+ supply tasks, build a culture/goods/house building or build buildings just to sell them to complete collection tasks. I have to have at least a 4x16 block dedicated just to build whatever nonsense is required (VF the buildings are big) and then I have to have a permanent dedicated space for 12 supply buildings which don't help me at all with my actual city because I have 2G supplies and then at least some of them have to be of my age.

It's not a challenge and nobody likes it. We have actual challenging tasks like the difficult negotiations, that's an actual puzzle right there that we have to solve. St Paddies had great in-game tasks that I enjoyed because you progress on the tasks with the actual game. Make us pay more in the upper ages, I'd rather pay 1B coins/supplies directly than have to dedicate a 4x16 block for nothing or 3x36 for supply buildings.

The amount of tasks for events is already spaced out plenty with the dailies and there are 60 tasks to do for the event. When is enough enough??

Rest of the event, just fine. I don't like set buildings, but it's fine you can't win 'em all.

Please consider changing the tasks for future events and not copy pasting the same ones from past events!

I like the challenge that production quests poses. They require some preparations in advance and some planning to get it right. The challenge is finding and getting sufficient own age production buildings in advance and afterwards timing and managing the productions for the quests.
In most of my cities that honor now usually falls to a row of Magnum Opus'.