• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Delay when aborting quests & killing off Questing

aim83

Merchant
All I see is the decrease of something about 0,5-0,7 second in aborting quests, but in my experience, it comes with even better sensitivity of abort button, maybe because of lags, or any other reasons. I tried to do repetables for two hours, and it's still easy and smooth, but you must get used to new delays.
We must be playing defferent game, because if it's not - I absolutely have no idea why you all pissed so much.
My faith in humanity is shaken.

m.s.b.

Farmer
We must be playing defferent game, because if it's not - I absolutely have no idea why you all pissed so much.

It might be hard for you to fathom this, but I have literally done hundreds of thousands of RQs over the years. This is adding literally days worth of accumulated pointless waiting time for RQ-heavy play styles. For RQ-light but still RQ-regular play styles—which is most experienced players—it's "merely" adding hours of pointless waiting time.

Last edited:

m.s.b.

Farmer
I can actually understand nerfing RQs (and CFs).

It is just so unfathomable to me that you'd nerf them by *introducing artificial lag for the player*, like what the ever-loving f *is* that? Who does that????

Still just stunned and sad that this went through to live as unannounced as ever.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
All I see is the decrease of something about 0,5-0,7 second in aborting quests, but in my experience, it comes with even better sensitivity of abort button, maybe because of lags, or any other reasons. I tried to do repetables for two hours, and it's still easy and smooth, but you must get used to new delays.

Are you mobile? Because the new delay is much more than 0.5 seconds on desktop. It's about 2-3 seconds.

Which let's say you're trying to do something like gather coins 30 times over the course of collecting your city - and need to abort 180 times. 180*3 = 540 seconds - 9 extra minutes of frustration. For normal players this might mean not bothering to quest at all. For a script it just means they get half the amount of free stuff.

Perhaps the aim of slowing the play of RQ's has nothing to do with cheating.
Maybe the goal is to drive players off of PC play and into mobile. Perhaps Inno finds mobile more profitable?
This is yet another push to migrate all players to mobile...

aim83

Merchant
Because the new delay is much more than 0.5 seconds on desktop. It's about 2-3 seconds.
I'm playing on PC. Mobile app is yet to be changed, no update is published either for iOS nor for Android.
So, yes, I'm playing on my 6 years old PC. And the delays if precisely 1 sec for me (first impression of 0.7s was slightly incorrect).

Last edited:

1BFA

Viceroy
From another forum:

" The current overall RP leader is averaging 200K fights per month since mid October. Call it an average of 6500 per day. That's roughly 4 per minute every minute of every hour of every day for over 4 months. Yesterday they did 17K Fights. That's one every 5 seconds "

Let's see if the # of fights go down and by how much

Heinrich IV

Merchant
It is true, the delay is less than it feels to be. I made tests and indeed it is not much slower than before (as I wrote before about 150% of prev. time (including animation etc.). But the real time is only one part of the problem. More important is as it fealy for the player and here it is definitly feeling as it would be 3 or even 4 times slower than before. I stopped most of the RC because it feel frustating and it feels as it is not worth to sit here and looging on a deactivated button.
And still there is no known reason why this is done. If it is done to slow down RC for all independend of cheating or not then it is done as intended by inno.
As we showed several times the solution is not useful to bring a disadvantage to cheaters. So it seems the only intention to generaly slow down the progess in the game. So what may be reasons for this:
- Maybe inno will force as many players to change to APP Version. So browser support may get stopped at all after some time
- Maybe inno will stop developing FOE and force players to switch to another inno game (unlikely)
- Maybe inno will stop that players are playing mor then on world (additional playtime per world ...)
- Maybe it s a trick for the upcoming FOE plus. The "Normal" players remain restricted while FOE plus player get the possibility for increased speed.
However I fear we will never get an answer to this question :)

Last edited:
I just ran through 100 cycles of UBQ after having done the same a couple of days ago, and timed both. The difference for me was slightly over 2 seconds per abort for me on fios connection.

I just closed down all but my main city and my diamond farms because of this new "feature", and the Galata unbalance. I'm still evaluating whether the rest gets closed too. The only redeeming part here is that I can switch to mobile for now if I need otherwise I'd be gone.

aim83

Merchant
I just closed down all but my main city and my diamond farms because of this new "feature"
So, your playstyle even on diamond farms is based solely on doing UBQs all day long? Most of my friends is hardly doing more than 40-50 of repetables per day. For them, the change is subtle. I personally do lots, and still OK with changes, whatever Inno's reasons of doing this were.
My statistic; 200-250 repetables per day in Arctic future (4 to do, 8 to cancel), so the increase will be 250/4*8*1s=8m20s. I can live with that, surely.
Same goes for The Future Era, 250 RQ's, 2 to do and 5 to cancel each rotation, so the increase will be 10m25s. It's OK.

aim83

Merchant
Is there some benefit you gain? Wouldn't you be better off without the change?
Game balance is subject to change. We do not know why this was implemented. Maybe devs have a viable reason, maybe they don't.
All I'm saying - it's not a game-changer, it's rather a small adjustment. All the hysteria here is in huge disproportion to the impact it it brings to the game.

You could probably live with a kick in the balls after every session too, but why should you have to? Have some self respect. What the hell is wrong with you??
The same applies to you - have some self respect and stop complaining is such a intolerant and childish way.