• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Delay when aborting quests & killing off Questing

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
There are folks who are into heavy questing, who've spent years designing cities to be efficient for questing, just as others spent years designing cities to be efficient for trading or for fighting.
With this change, Inno has effectively made much of those questing cities worthless, and really messed up anyone who built and leveled a CF, IMHO.

What do others think?
Is questing still a viable option?
Does this change the value of having a CF?
Was this a 'fair' change, or was it overkill?
Are there any other options Inno could take?

Last edited:

Praeceptor

Marquis
I am one of those who exploit the repeat fighting quests in SAAB to maintain my position in the overall ranking. It takes a lot of time to do hundreds of fights a day. I would be very happy if Inno removed those quests which can be exploited in this way, and then I wouldn't have to spend so much time keeping up with players who are obviously automating these quests for thousands of fights per day.

Adding a delay will just slow down the abuse and not prevent it.

Get rid of exploitable quests and other exploitable "features" and the vast majority of players will be happy, including me even though I use these quests myself.

Retired Guy

Marquis
Simple... . Freaking Game Killer.. imagine the frustration of anyone running multiple cities, never mind one.. Power leveling to help raise GB's slows to a crawl, or you give up the RC's you built the CF for, time to re-position 2 recurring questlines, just got stupid... etc, etc, etc

Fix the real issue, don't punish every player at every level.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
There are folks who are into heavy questing, who've spent years designing cities to be efficient for questing, just as others spent years designing cities to be efficient for trading or for fighting.
With this change, Inno has effectively made much of those questing cities worthless, and really messed up anyone who built and leveled a CF, IMHO.

What do others think?
Is questing still a viable option?
To some extent... It's mostly made more frustrating.

Does this change the value of having a CF?
A very high level one yes... I'm just finishing up a trip to lv 114 on one world as part of a plan to continue advancing... Seems I'm not going to get to enjoy it for very long if this goes through. An intermediate CF is still a high value building for the bonuses that come from story if nothing else.

Was this a 'fair' change, or was it overkill?
Are there any other options Inno cloud take?

The obvious option to take would be similar to something that used to happen when you were collecting 5 minute buildings a lot early in a city. To make sure you're not a robot it'd scroll to some random corner of the landscape so a simple macro couldn't be responsible for your 5 minute cycles.

It wouldn't have to do this often - just some amount of variance to the process so that it's more difficult to automate for long periods of time. I had rather thought that that's why sometimes one of your quest slots just disappears for a while til you do a few more aborts. It didn't really mess me up as someone actually doing the quests - but maybe it was intended to do enough to mess up a macro. They could try other things like scrolling the window random amounts (including past the bottom) or shifting the button from side to side.

The other thing if they feel they *have to* use a delay would be to have a threshold before it's applied... i.e. at the very least the people who are aborting through quests to collect coins & supplies should have enough aborts to finish their collections before they start getting shown the middle-finger :p Something like say the first 500 aborts/hr have no delay for "normal" usage - then you can come back the next hour if you want to not be waterboarded. Alternative a large threshold, but have it applied per day - say something like 2000 aborts/day without delay - that would have a greater effect on automation and leave more flexibility for "real" users.

Praeceptor

Marquis
I'm wondering if players will want to advance to Space Age Venus when there are such easy ranking points to be taken in SAAB. If there are no recurring fights to be had in SAV I'll be tempted to stay in SAAB (unless the recurring fight quests are removed)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'm wondering if players will want to advance to Space Age Venus when there are such easy ranking points to be taken in SAAB. If there are no recurring fights to be had in SAV I'll be tempted to stay in SAAB (unless the recurring fight quests are removed)

A little off topic but: I can't get out of SAAB fast enough :p I don't care for ranking points, and the combat in SAAB can't get any worse (can it?). My 1 SAAB world is 100% going to venus just for a change of scenery even if venus is awful too. My other worlds are never ever passing SAM as it stands - SAV will have to be so awesome that I'm happy just to slog through SAAB to get to it :p

This questing change might either encourage my current main world (in FE atm and has plans to go to OF) to either never ever leave OF (which was already a possibility but will have been reinforced if I'm still questing as OF is one of the best ages in the game in terms of minimizing "dead" quests) or to say screw questing and go sit in SAM forever where the colony can replace much of questing for current age goods production and I can stare in resentment at my level 114 CF that I never would've levelled that far with this delay :p

Thunderdome

Emperor
Basically, a nerf. Plain and simple.

Inno doesn't like us when we try to make the game fun so they threw in a couple of monkey wrenches to impede our fun while at the more throwing out gimmicks in hoping to get an easy buck. I like to abort some quests that don't mean jack to me only to get to the ones I want. That's what having a Chateaux is about (and for).

Then, there's the excuse of exploitation (gee, I wonder how since it was Inno who made the CF and recurring quests to begin with). Yet, the splash screen would tell us that we can abort a quest but we get another as the game is loading. Guess it should read "you can abort a quest but you will have to wait some time until you get another" now.

Osserc

Merchant
They chose the worst possible solution to the problem. All this does is give an even greater advantage to people who automate the process using auto-clickers and encourages more players to use them. It's already a massive problem for this game that doing everything is too time-consuming and this just will just drive more people to quit.

Instead of slowing down quests for everyone in every situation, there are so many better options. Just off the top of my head:
- Remove ranking points from the battles in recurring quests
- Completely remove battles from recurring quests
- Add a cooldown to the "exploitable" quests. Instead of adding delays for everyone, keep the same speed but add a countdown timer to the problem quests so they can't be completed until it expires.
- Allow each quest to be completed a maximum number of times each day.
- Prevent some or all of the recurring quests from being aborted.

The aim is clearly to reduce the number of recurring quests that can be done. If that's what INNO is intent on doing, it needs to be done in a well thought out manner, rather than by the laziest method possible via a stealth update. Make an adult decision, implement it intelligently, and explain the reasoning to your players.

Gindi4711

Steward
Has anyone tried how canceling 2 quests at the same time works now? Maybe this makes it even easier as you now have enough time to hit both buttons before the animation start shifting them around, but unfortunately I camt test this out on the beta as I only have 1 recurring questline there.

Tanmay11

Regent
Has anyone tried how canceling 2 quests at the same time works now? Maybe this makes it even easier as you now have enough time to hit both buttons before the animation start shifting them around, but unfortunately I camt test this out on the beta as I only have 1 recurring questline there.
it works, but it worked before as well and was much quicker.

1BFA

Viceroy
Well INNO atleast don't put the damm attack RQ in Venus.... and just remove them from SAM and SaaB... It is better than slowing down ALLLL QUESTING.

While you are at it remove the quest that requires to gather goods...(all these 500 goods flip/flop trades in market will go)...Change that quest to donate 500 goods to treasury instead.

jovada

Regent
I will repeat my previous message here because we received no answer on the previous topic and they closed that one.

It looks obvious to me, we old dinosaurs from the beginning are no longer welcome , they attrackt new players with slogans as there is no other game with so much gameplay ( GVG, GE, GBG, PVP,events, settlements and province conquer )
That we the dinosaurs see the difference and notice that several things suck they don't care, all they want is new players that spend diamonds even only for one or two years and then leave because bored.
They have blinders like for horses for our complaints and are only focused on the app-players even if the gameplay is only 20% from what you can have on pc or laptop.
Our complaints are not even viewed by developers, no only transmission via moderators who come back to us and say they are not allowed to speak.

ANWAR we miss you, the only developer who came on the global to talk with the players

Thunderdome

Emperor
All this does is give an even greater advantage to people who automate the process using auto-clickers and encourages more players to use them.
THIS! Not that I use such, but there will be a greater distribution and demand for such auto-clickers. Had Inno left it "as is" players will not desire such. So, Inno, basically a "thank you" for condoning cheating in the near future and a bigger "thank you" for screwing the players out of a game.

aim83

Merchant
Lots of people here, judging things about which they do not have all the required info, and making a solid statements about killing off questing, by simply delaying it. Well, you are wrong, in my humble opinion.
This doesn't kill questing, it makes it longer, so less rewarding. Inno. by all means, if you decide to rebalance the system by implementing that measures - make it so. This doesn't harm anyone, I myself will keep doing repetable quests even if you raise delay even higher. Goods shall again become a valuable asset.