• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8277

I got my first daily challenge today, I went for the easy prize supplies. The two quests are:

Win 10 battles

Finish 12 1 hour productions.

I'm already out, I don't have a fighting city which is why I chose the lesser one. It's also 2 days into GE so unless I play GVG plunder or fight ahead on my map, which I can't do, there's really not an avenue for me to fight. This seems wayyy too complicated for the first day of the easy chest.

Not to mention doing this at the same time as an event. How many supply buildings does the game think I have that I can do event quest calling for productions AND daily quests for productions? I imagine the difficulty only scales up so if this is a day 1 task I could only imagine all the hoops one would have to jump through for only a 7% chance at a good prize.

The good weekly prize percentage needs to be upped considerably if the game expects people to rework their entire cities every day to accomplish these. I will do them to the best of my ability on beta, as that is the mission, but as is I'm not giving up my game on live for weeks at a time for a 7% chance of something. I like quests in general, even when I'm not interested in the end prize because of my Chat boost, which isn't applicable here which just lowers my motivation to do these further on live.

It does give players a new playing option, ignoring RQ's, ignoring story and ignoring progress to focus on these. I'm interested to see how a players might make new strategy for these, but I know I'm not going to be one of them. I've already chosen my strategy, too late to change everything now.

As others have said the 8AM time thing is going to have a negative impact on many players. Why not start a 24 hour clock when the person logs in for the first time that day like they do with sales? If this takes off and is popular, or even at the very beginning when people are checking it out, can the servers even handle the load of everyone logging in at 8AM everyday?

Questions:
1) I don't see this addressed in game but are the week end prizes the same regardless of what chest one picks?

2) Once you choose a chest on day 1 are you locked into that chest for the rest of the week? If you change it midway through (if you can) do you still have the same end prize reward possibilities?

I really think it would be good to include things you've already done for the week as accomplishments. This would enable people to play the game without worrying what the next quest was going to be and they needed to 'save' something. IE mine was fight 10 battles, I've already done that this week though but apparently not on the exact day the game wanted me to. If it's going to be a weekly challenge the entire weeks accomplishments should be kept in account. If they're not you're going to see things like people stop aiding because they worry the next quest might be an aid one and don't want to lose out because there's no one else to aid.

DeletedUser8304

I love the the way an apple appears (plants a tree in their city) when you aid someone.

DeletedUser7043

My First task:
Spend 1500 Tavern silver ( ok)
Spend 14 Fp (ok)
28x5min Produktions (ok)
But
Collect 3500 Tavern Silver????
in 24 Hours how? i have 94 Friends on beta around 20 of them are daily loggin in.
With the 30 silver for visiting i would need to get it 117 times not possible( it don´t trigger on every visit).
A full Tavern gets mee 1232 Silver+123 for the bonus and still then i wood need at least 40 people taking seat in my tavern.

Also that was the easy chest for me today so please don´t release at the current state!

DeletedUser8408

My first daily challenge is to increase happiness by 760 points. In the Bronze Age, that's three big buildings unless I am missing something (which may be the case, so would appreciate advice). As far as I can tell, since I did have a buff since midnight, buffs don't count. From a balance perspective, you just lost me on this first challenge.

Also fully agree with the start time. Losing 8 hours off the top is not good.

DeletedUser7043

My first daily challenge is to increase happiness by 760 points. In the Bronze Age, that's three big buildings unless I am missing something (which may be the case, so would appreciate advice). As far as I can tell, since I did have a buff since midnight, buffs don't count. From a balance perspective, you just lost me on this first challenge.

Building Decoration and then delete again and again don´t work?

DeletedUser8408

To be honest, that's what I was considering doing...i will give it a try and see what happens.

Update: I did just try that with the memorial, which takes two seconds to build. Fortunately I had space for them, so did four at a time, did it 4 times and got the requirement done. Thanks for helping me think that through!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7780

I donated the goods for the daily challenge, but they didn't register on the challenge but came out of my inventory

DeletedUser8381

I am afraid that visit 40 friend taverns is very problematic here on beta, where not all players plays daily.
And this task is not about player, but also about players friends
Lol, this is me. I can't even get people to accept friend requests. I've been trying and I think I'm up to 10 friends now, most of whom I can never get in their taverns. Wouldn't be a problem in my live cities though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8381

Do 20 8 hour productions

How many *** production buildings do the devs expect us to have??? We would have to have a minimum of 6 production buildings AND get online to collect on time in 24 hours or 10 buildings to collect twice or 20 buildings to set and collect in the same day. This is if you're seeing the quest right when it comes up, if you get online and don't have 8 hours left on the clock then you're screwed before the day even began. How is this encouraging ????

These kinds of quests are crap because they set us up to fail and encourages us to give up on it ON DAY ONE. Apparently I just found out that you have to do all of the quests and cant pick and choose which one you decide to do which makes this feature go into the garbage bin even faster.
I could do this twice in 8 hours. Heavy questing strategies will knock this out of the park. Goods and military heavy cities will have a hard time with it. Next, there will be something totally easy for whichever your city is.

I could do this twice in 8 hours. Heavy questing strategies will knock this out of the park. Goods and military heavy cities will have a hard time with it. Next, there will be something totally easy for whichever your city is.
I only had 5 production buildings, which meant even if I saw it at 24 hours I was already screwed. I built 5 more (which took time and I didn't have enough extra pop for more), but now with only 10 hours left I don't think I'll be able to complete it. I heard another user complain that they wont be able to raise 6k pop in the time the quest will be over because the building practically takes 20 hours to finish.

I'm not asking for the tasks to be easy, but there's a difference between "challenging" and "setting us up to fail before we even begin".

DeletedUser

does it matter for the things to do what chest I chose ?
(btw both are terrible today)

and does the challengers chest stay the same if I decide not to do the challenge today ?

I will try and get confirmation on this tomorrow.

DeletedUser8381

My First task:
Spend 1500 Tavern silver ( ok)
Spend 14 Fp (ok)
28x5min Produktions (ok)
But
Collect 3500 Tavern Silver????
in 24 Hours how? i have 94 Friends on beta around 20 of them are daily loggin in.
With the 30 silver for visiting i would need to get it 117 times not possible( it don´t trigger on every visit).
A full Tavern gets mee 1232 Silver+123 for the bonus and still then i wood need at least 40 people taking seat in my tavern.

Also that was the easy chest for me today so please don´t release at the current state!
In this aspect, I must say I disagree with having rewards for me based on how OTHER players play. That doesn't sit well with me. I suggest a reduction or change on this.

DeletedUser8381

I have heard of people disconnecting their happiness buildings for a few minutes, and then connecting them again. It apparently works, but I have not tried it myself.

DeletedUser7780

I only had 5 production buildings, which meant even if I saw it at 24 hours I was already screwed. I built 5 more (which took time and I didn't have enough extra pop for more), but now with only 10 hours left I don't think I'll be able to complete it. I heard another user complain that they wont be able to raise 6k pop in the time the quest will be over because the building practically takes 20 hours to finish.

I'm not asking for the tasks to be easy, but there's a difference between "challenging" and "setting us up to fail before we even begin".

I build blacksmiths, don't take much room, go up quick & don't take much pop. I do this in my worlds I play in

DeletedUser8381

I'm sorry if I was unclear, so I'll try again.

Heavy questing strategies have lots of production buildings, so those cities (like mine) will have tons of buildings available. You asked how many production buildings devs expect us to have; I have 40 in my HMA main city. I'm a questing lightweight, many others have more than twice that!
That said, questing cities are low on military and goods production in some eras, which makes them vulnerable to the fighting or accumulate goods quests. If I had to come up with 100 rope, I'd be screwed because I can't predict what quest rewards I'd get.

What I was getting at is some days in these are going to be much harder than others apparently. I couldn't finish day 2 here in beta because I do t have the military yet.

As for buildings taking time? Blacksmiths build in 20 minutes, have the lowest population requirement, and the smallest footprint, so the way I'd have handled that quest in a balanced city would be to pop up a bunch of smiths and knock those 8 hours out. You may not want to play that way, which is absolutely valid. I have a feeling that you will think some of these challenges will be much easier on days that I think they're stupid hard.

I agree these should not be impossible. For instance, I couldn't raise 6k population if you held a gun to my head. That's more than 3 times my whole main city!!!

Anyway, sorry again if I was unclear.

DeletedUser8381

Today my chest choices included a box of different defense boosts, or a box of forge points and Indian palace set pieces. I selected the Indian palace set pieces. I am in IA

My quests were:
Donate 80 goods
Collect 5000 coins
Acquire 1 sector on the c-map by fighting
Complete 6 4-hour productions.

I've not finished yet, but I got the first 2 done, built barracks to increase my military to try the conquering a sector, and have productions 2,3,and 4 started just now. Assuming I can win the fight, I may win today, but since I lost yesterday I'm starting over with the 7-day chest.