• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Macha

Squire
all production buildings now have a diamond finishing price so even 24 hr productions can now be started & finished immediately if players are prepared to spend on them, without being cynical it now explains this diamond finishing option

DeletedUser6484

I completed today's challenge. I had choice of:
1. the military chest which had prizes: rogue hideout, champion retreat, drummer school, color guard camp, etc.
2. the champion chest which had prizes: champ retreat, 1 champ, 2 champ, 5 champ, etc.​
I didn't need any of the stuff in either chest. I flipped a coin and selected the military chest. My prize was 10 FP. I didn't initially notice FP as one of the prizes in the chest to begin with but I guess they are more useful to me than the other items which I already have in my city or in inventory.

The FP went to my bar rather than being awarded as an FP pack to inventory. I suggest going to FP packs instead of bar points.

DeletedUser7934

all production buildings now have a diamond finishing price so even 24 hr productions can now be started & finished immediately if players are prepared to spend on them, without being cynical it now explains this diamond finishing option

the production building had the option to finish with diamonds for some time now (I believe it was said this was because the option to motivate them with diamonds was rarely used)
I do not think there will be a daily challenge that by default needs diamonds (eg 24 hr production, or scout a province). Inno has never done this at least.

Macha

Squire
the production building had the option to finish with diamonds for some time now (I believe it was said this was because the option to motivate them with diamonds was rarely used)
I do not think there will be a daily challenge that by default needs diamonds (eg 24 hr production, or scout a province). Inno has never done this at least.
any production, even 5 mins, can be completed instantly with diamonds, so this means that in theory all production quests in the daily challenges can be completed, even for those with a shortage of time who say they cant finish...if they really want to complete a quest it will just cost them

I build blacksmiths, don't take much room, go up quick & don't take much pop. I do this in my worlds I play in
I had 20 hours on the clock. Got frustrated for a bit and collected my city, then I had to set up the blacksmiths which took half an hour. By that time I was ready to go to bed. I woke up 7 hours later and collected the rest of my productions but the blacksmiths were 20 minutes away from being finished but I had to go to work. So I missed the collection that I needed and now there's only 7 hours left in the timer for today as I just got home and have to throw away todays quest. I guess I got lucky not getting the tavern visit one - that would literally be impossible with the 24 hour timer preventing newly added people from sitting.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: At people who suggest using diamonds. Of course Inno wants us to use diamonds - they purposefully put us in desperate situations like this specifically so that we are forced lay cash down to get what we need. It's disgusting and turns people away from these features.

Thunderbummy

Marquis
Some general comments on several of the points raised:

There are checks in place to make sure that there won't be any "impossible" challenge conditions. However, if you see any that you simply can't do (for instance "solve X encounters" when you've already completed all of them), please comment here or (even better) report this to via our support system, as this is of course not intended :).
This being said - there will be conditions that are rather demanding and it is by design that not everybody will be able to complete them on every single day. However, with involvement and activity, most players should be able to complete them 7 days in a row from time to time. Probably not every week though.

Also, unlike normal quests, daily challenges are tailored by age. So depending on what age you're in, the requirements may differ. If you see any problems related to this system, please also comment, as improvements are possible :).

"From time to time" - Wow for a grand pize of a SoK or 30 FPs. You are having a laugh - spend so much time over seven consecutive days and end up with 30 FPs - no thank you. I completed todays set of challenges and ended up with 10 FP's! Since I have over 25000 in the bank, I really wish I had not bothered. You seriously need to balance the prizes better than this otherwise the take up is likely to be very low. Start think at 100FPs + to make it interesting.

DeletedUser8411

Sounds, now to see if the times are good times to complete the quests.

DeletedUser7967

Hi,

I didn't read everything of course, but I agree on the fact that starting at 8 AM will be a problem for a lot of players.
Even on the live servers, for exemple I live in Quebec and play on the french server, so I have a 6 hours time deference with the server...

Also, when I logged on my phone this afternoon the app shutted down after selecting a chest.

And lastely, I like the idea of the challenging quest, but I am a farmer, so having to win battles daity will not be interesting to me.

DeletedUser4381

I've become very jaded as regards feedback, given that most of it is ignored, but I'll make a "one time only" post here where I make an extended effort to give feedback. (There'll be reasoning, advice to Inno, and everything.)

I have a daily Challenge to aquire 2 sectors in the campaign map. I had a province where it was possible, but if I had to send my scout on a trip, I would have had to use diamonds to complete it. This has to be fixed.

It looks like a nice addition to the game, time will show if it will catch on.

Unless it's fixed, it will be like incidents... People will give it a go in the short term, then it'll fade into obscurity. For the longest time people have asked to alternates to conquering/research because the end-game is actually broken and provides a penalty to advancing. Having such things as a mandatory part of new features will not serve to change peoples' minds, it will simply doom such features to failure before they have even been given a chance.

I build blacksmiths, don't take much room, go up quick & don't take much pop. I do this in my worlds I play in

I said it before in a previous post somewhere; If the late/end game requires a ton of early era buildings simply because they are population/space effective, then the designers (and managers) have failed. A game should evolve according to the players, and engage them enough so that they want to use the latest options available to them.

it also resets the FP timer :(

That shouldn't happen... Log it as a bug.

Some general comments on several of the points raised:

There are checks in place to make sure that there won't be any "impossible" challenge conditions. However, if you see any that you simply can't do (for instance "solve X encounters" when you've already completed all of them), please comment here or (even better) report this to via our support system, as this is of course not intended :).
This being said - there will be conditions that are rather demanding and it is by design that not everybody will be able to complete them on every single day. However, with involvement and activity, most players should be able to complete them 7 days in a row from time to time. Probably not every week though.

Also, unlike normal quests, daily challenges are tailored by age. So depending on what age you're in, the requirements may differ. If you see any problems related to this system, please also comment, as improvements are possible :).

As mentioned above, I've become very apathetic about providing feedback, but I'll make another try here - because I still have flickers of optimism in my soul... I would appreciate a full, considered response to the specific reply below from Inno.

For the most important feedback I can give, I will say the following;

This new feature is being touted as a difficult to achieve feature with rewards that are appealing... From the first chests I was offered I can say without hesitation that I was completely uninterested in spending my time on this feature. If you want players to actively engage with a feature, then you need to make the minimum rewards are worth it. My rewards for the first chest were;

5% chance of getting a SoK. (Good prize, worth a bit of time.)
10% chance of getting a SoI (Decent for specific uses, and I can see a use for it when used in high volumes.)
15% chance of getting a SoA (Good if you need the medals, otherwise useless... I probably take 4x VT solely because they level as the player does.)
70% chance of getting 10FP.

That last one is the one that really kills the feature.... It's the most likely prize I can get by far, and I can get that very same "prize" by spending 10 hours doing absolutely nothing in game - and also keeping to my 24h collection schedule which minimises plundering. At this point I've no interest in spending time doing tasks that will get me a worthless reward.

Advice; Well for one, re-evaluate the way you look at the value for rewards. It's clear you look at the players as if they are customers to be guided towards spending money on the game, but you need to start looking at players as if they are small businesses. Every single day of my work life I have to deal with that sector to one degree or another, and you will *never* find an entity that looks for more value in a spending outlay than they do. If you can provide an offering that appeals to that mindset, then regular players will find it far more acceptable/convenient and will adopt it with less reservations.. Yes new players may currently spend more per head... but the end-goal should be to get end-game players to use diamonds as well, and very few parts of the game do that as things stand.)

As an example (in the case of the rewards I mentioned above); Remove the FP rewards.... I'm an an end-game player, but even taking into account my entire play across all worlds I've rarely spent diamonds on FP and the odds of my doing so now are zero. You aren't losing income by dumping the FP rewards, so don't offer it as a majority prize. (One of my worlds generates 100+ FP a day without fail. 10FP is barely even noticeable as a daily reward.)

In fact, don't just remove the FP rewards, only offer the 3 big prizes at equal opportunity - possibly at a slightly higher chance (40/30/30) to get the SoK, given that you are trying to pull players into the feature. 2 of the 3 prizes are useless for the endgame - most players have the BPs to build any GBs, and have enough medals that the daily rewards from the SoA are pointless - and if a player doesn't get the SoK then they can tell themselves they might do better next time. This goes for any combination where there's a good prize, with an average/poor/pointless prize making up the offerings. In trying to complete the challenges to get the good prize, players are more likely to spend diamonds when compared to doing nothing so there's literally nothing to lose.

Secondly; Don't actively discourage end-game players with tasks that will hurt their game overall. For starters, every aspect of the game that you cut off from end-game players means you lose a prospective revenue stream. This is bad for both you (money-wise) and the player (engagement-wise). Stop giving players reasons to ignore the game and/or features you introduce. For example; Nowadays I rarely research, I almost never conquer the map. That's because it's in my interest not to. One of the main reasons is that I need to save tasks for quests, lest I go too far ahead in the advancement of my city and end up with GBs/events that no longer benefit me, but the secondary reason is saving up for quest requirements. (Even GE is getting into this territory, given various factors that I'll explain if Inno ask.) Paying to advance is one of the things I used to do - 50 diamonds per scout, for example, because I wanted to continue immediately - but since I no longer treat things like that as a priority I no longer spend those diamonds. If you can resume that minor attraction for players, then you resume the revenue stream that comes with it.

Lastly, and something that is specific for me (and a handful of users I've seen) do something new. Introduce some mini-games or something. Sliding puzzles, jigsaws, "quizzes" where you have to get a specific population/happiness combo using available buildings... Anything that breaks up the monotony of setting productions or spending FP. Something that can be repeated for a challenge, but doesn't actually involve advancing progress in the game signficantly or making a massive rebuild of your city. Normal players don't mind either of those, because they want to improve their city, so don't mind the sacrifice as they know it's an imporvement overall... But once a player reaches the end game they tend to have organised an effective and efficient city which they don't want to destroy without having good reason. Newbies are a consistent income source, but they don't change all that much so if you want to improve your overall income then the end-game players are the ones you have to get onboard.

Just my two cents/penneth/pence* worth.

* delete as applicable.

DeletedUser7858

Like some others I play several cities. 7 to be exact on main plus beta. Due to time, I belong to a power guild doing GE -GvG in only 1 of those cities. The "Quests" we have to deal with if we so choose are Seasonal - Historical Event - Story Line and that useless Treasure Hunt that I am still waiting for a "DO NOT SHOW THIS AGAIN" option.

Now you've added "Scoll through your screen and find goodies planted here and there" plus this "Daily Challenge" which had 45x a 5 minute production. After reading through most of the posts here and seeing some of the other so called "challenges". All I can say is my research in all my cities are maxed for the age that those cities are in and I am not about to advance until I have goods and supplies goals met - my C-Map is maxed until I advance to a new age - the number of production buildings I have is limited due to space, etc... I guess you can get the drift of what I an saying.

After having a look at the "Daily Challenge" it will fall by the wayside in all my cities, same as the Treasure Hunt and most Historical Quests. No time, not worth it, the Quests/ Challenges (which are just more of the same thing) are just now boring to me, and the prizes are just more of the same trinkets.

Thanks for reading.

DeletedUser8404

If I had to come up with 100 rope, I'd be screwed because I can't predict what quest rewards I'd get.

Maybe not. I had a similar one today and the help button (I think it was there) said that trading for goods counted. By luck, my guild had what I needed, so I traded and was done with that quest in two seconds flat.

DeletedUser8200

Really are trying to stop many of you play, you are doing well eh: D continue so and in less than 1 month I delete my accounts, pure crap sincerely, I already do the missions event and map campaign with dislike and now put this wonder, speechless

DeletedUser8200

And that it appears in my live world I am with Galileo missions, I really hate them, with all my being, I have 70,000,000 of reserves newly arrived in FE and I have to be cliking in a building of previous age for the Mission, I hate them, I'm sincere.

podkap1970

Emperor
research a technology as daily challenge, i'm not gonna research an old tech
i guess my challenge is after 2nd day over :)

spend 1500 tavern silver ? thats like activating a boost, the only way to spend silver for me, i guess

DeletedUser7043

First day failed.
Second day:
Solve 5 Quests
and negotiate 4 GE Encounters without failure for 100% of 30 Fp

So achievable but totally overprized the Goods have a higher value then the 30 Fp so sorry won´t do that.

Majenka07

Farmer
Hello. I have 8 crashes in the expedition, I'm already at the end of the third level and the fourth does not open. This would be good to take into account (for example, it will automatically be completed when the 3 levels are completed).

DeletedUser

Second day.

Quests quite easy and not time/clicking consuming. Though "Visit 20 Taverns" may be hard for someone else.

But... the second chest in a row came with the worst prize - 250 medals. Not liking it at all. I wonder if I get something from the middle any day... And life with Inno taught me not to expect anything good - and now, even if I'm getting something with worth for me (yes, that sometimes happen...) it doesn't make me happy. I'm just tired of getting all that useless crap before, when I had hope...

With your totally disfunctional "percentage probability" and "balancing" you actually killed the joy I had from the big events. You killed the joy I had from GE. Now it's only these little historical events that I have some fun playing, because prize, no matter how useful or not it is - is GUARANTEED after all my efforts in solving the quests.

I realized I like Fall Event, because it too gives me something GUARANTEED - I already have a Cider Mill (I missed the event last year on beta, so I haven't got one till now), I will EARN one upgrade, for spending apples I will EARN another one... and it's totally UP TO ME, not up your disgusting "probability". And that is the biggest problem for me with these daily challenges - I would like to spend my time to EARN something, not to maybe "win", because more likely I won't and it's not worth my time and nerves.

And the thing is... I really love solving quests... I enjoyed thought of another daily line... After second day I am disappointed and I won't bother with this anymore, even in my main city on live server. Maybe if I would be veeery, very bored... nah, would rather talk to my plants...

I even like the quests with unknown prize better than this percentage chest, you know? Because disappointment is not so big when I don't know what I missed... :(

PS. Why did you design something like "drummer" which is useful only in "delete units" quests...? I really would like to know... Or these bottles with boosts? To be another "useful" thing in one or two quests in a year when you can get rid of them from overstuffed inventory...? But the "motivation kit" is the king of all useless crap, I tell you... :/

PS2. Not to be so gloomy... I like the Ikea boxes. Gimme more! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8381

I've become very jaded as regards feedback, given that most of it is ignored, but I'll make a "one time only" post here where I make an extended effort to give feedback. (There'll be reasoning, advice to Inno, and everything.)

Unless it's fixed, it will be like incidents... People will give it a go in the short term, then it'll fade into obscurity. For the longest time people have asked to alternates to conquering/research because the end-game is actually broken and provides a penalty to advancing. Having such things as a mandatory part of new features will not serve to change peoples' minds, it will simply doom such features to failure before they have even been given a chance.

I said it before in a previous post somewhere; If the late/end game requires a ton of early era buildings simply because they are population/space effective, then the designers (and managers) have failed. A game should evolve according to the players, and engage them enough so that they want to use the latest options available to them.

That shouldn't happen... Log it as a bug.

As mentioned above, I've become very apathetic about providing feedback, but I'll make another try here - because I still have flickers of optimism in my soul... I would appreciate a full, considered response to the specific reply below from Inno.

For the most important feedback I can give, I will say the following;

This new feature is being touted as a difficult to achieve feature with rewards that are appealing... From the first chests I was offered I can say without hesitation that I was completely uninterested in spending my time on this feature. If you want players to actively engage with a feature, then you need to make the minimum rewards are worth it. My rewards for the first chest were;

5% chance of getting a SoK. (Good prize, worth a bit of time.)
10% chance of getting a SoI (Decent for specific uses, and I can see a use for it when used in high volumes.)
15% chance of getting a SoA (Good if you need the medals, otherwise useless... I probably take 4x VT solely because they level as the player does.)
70% chance of getting 10FP.

That last one is the one that really kills the feature.... It's the most likely prize I can get by far, and I can get that very same "prize" by spending 10 hours doing absolutely nothing in game - and also keeping to my 24h collection schedule which minimises plundering. At this point I've no interest in spending time doing tasks that will get me a worthless reward.

Advice; Well for one, re-evaluate the way you look at the value for rewards. It's clear you look at the players as if they are customers to be guided towards spending money on the game, but you need to start looking at players as if they are small businesses. Every single day of my work life I have to deal with that sector to one degree or another, and you will *never* find an entity that looks for more value in a spending outlay than they do. If you can provide an offering that appeals to that mindset, then regular players will find it far more acceptable/convenient and will adopt it with less reservations.. Yes new players may currently spend more per head... but the end-goal should be to get end-game players to use diamonds as well, and very few parts of the game do that as things stand.)

As an example (in the case of the rewards I mentioned above); Remove the FP rewards.... I'm an an end-game player, but even taking into account my entire play across all worlds I've rarely spent diamonds on FP and the odds of my doing so now are zero. You aren't losing income by dumping the FP rewards, so don't offer it as a majority prize. (One of my worlds generates 100+ FP a day without fail. 10FP is barely even noticeable as a daily reward.)

In fact, don't just remove the FP rewards, only offer the 3 big prizes at equal opportunity - possibly at a slightly higher chance (40/30/30) to get the SoK, given that you are trying to pull players into the feature. 2 of the 3 prizes are useless for the endgame - most players have the BPs to build any GBs, and have enough medals that the daily rewards from the SoA are pointless - and if a player doesn't get the SoK then they can tell themselves they might do better next time. This goes for any combination where there's a good prize, with an average/poor/pointless prize making up the offerings. In trying to complete the challenges to get the good prize, players are more likely to spend diamonds when compared to doing nothing so there's literally nothing to lose.

Secondly; Don't actively discourage end-game players with tasks that will hurt their game overall. For starters, every aspect of the game that you cut off from end-game players means you lose a prospective revenue stream. This is bad for both you (money-wise) and the player (engagement-wise). Stop giving players reasons to ignore the game and/or features you introduce. For example; Nowadays I rarely research, I almost never conquer the map. That's because it's in my interest not to. One of the main reasons is that I need to save tasks for quests, lest I go too far ahead in the advancement of my city and end up with GBs/events that no longer benefit me, but the secondary reason is saving up for quest requirements. (Even GE is getting into this territory, given various factors that I'll explain if Inno ask.) Paying to advance is one of the things I used to do - 50 diamonds per scout, for example, because I wanted to continue immediately - but since I no longer treat things like that as a priority I no longer spend those diamonds. If you can resume that minor attraction for players, then you resume the revenue stream that comes with it.

Lastly, and something that is specific for me (and a handful of users I've seen) do something new. Introduce some mini-games or something. Sliding puzzles, jigsaws, "quizzes" where you have to get a specific population/happiness combo using available buildings... Anything that breaks up the monotony of setting productions or spending FP. Something that can be repeated for a challenge, but doesn't actually involve advancing progress in the game signficantly or making a massive rebuild of your city. Normal players don't mind either of those, because they want to improve their city, so don't mind the sacrifice as they know it's an imporvement overall... But once a player reaches the end game they tend to have organised an effective and efficient city which they don't want to destroy without having good reason. Newbies are a consistent income source, but they don't change all that much so if you want to improve your overall income then the end-game players are the ones you have to get onboard.

Just my two cents/penneth/pence* worth.

* delete as applicable.
Pardon me while I give this a standing ovation. Very well laid out!