• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Feudal Japan

Teak

Steward
The Japanese are a step in the right direction -However I still see some issues:

1) you have to finish way too many villages. Cut it down to 5-6 with 51-60 quests each. You just fix the repetitive character by doing so... the 11th Viking settlement was just boring... and you only finished 2/3 then

2) I really dislike the disposable character of the settlement: rush - finish - restart - there is no need of getting a self sufficient village going:
Make diplomacy a resource to gather, which can be used for future settlements or add a cultural vendor, who sells extra upgrades after finishing your last village in your main city, e.g. 10.000k diplomacy and 1.000 of each good for another upgrade of Yggdrasil ( up to level 15)
-> you keep your last settlement, get a proper economy going and don’t dump it after finishing the 15th quest ;)

3) you could easily expand the whole cultural concept in combination with a permanent village: fund a raid for the vikings, produce goods for a long winter, ...

Just finishing these quests because of the reward isn’t motivating; if you have to finish the same quests 15 times in a row it even gets demotivating. Give us content we can see a purpose, not an occupational therapy ;)

sirblu

Baronet
There are:
  • Nobunaga.png
    Oda Nobunaga (1 Forge Point)
  • Oichi.png
    Oda Oichi (1 Forge Point)
  • Shingen.png
    Takeda Shingen (2 random goods of your age)
  • Gozen.png
    Tomoe Gozen (1 unit of your age)
has this been fixed yet? If so what are the new values - they are all supposed to be different

sirblu

Baronet
The Japanese are a step in the right direction -However I still see some issues:

1) you have to finish way too many villages. Cut it down to 5-6 with 51-60 quests each. You just fix the repetitive character by doing so... the 11th Viking settlement was just boring... and you only finished 2/3 then

2) I really dislike the disposable character of the settlement: rush - finish - restart - there is no need of getting a self sufficient village going:
Make diplomacy a resource to gather, which can be used for future settlements or add a cultural vendor, who sells extra upgrades after finishing your last village in your main city, e.g. 10.000k diplomacy and 1.000 of each good for another upgrade of Yggdrasil ( up to level 15)
-> you keep your last settlement, get a proper economy going and don’t dump it after finishing the 15th quest ;)

3) you could easily expand the whole cultural concept in combination with a permanent village: fund a raid for the vikings, produce goods for a long winter, ...

Just finishing these quests because of the reward isn’t motivating; if you have to finish the same quests 15 times in a row it even gets demotivating. Give us content we can see a purpose, not an occupational therapy ;)
I agree with this - Why not have each repeat of the settlement - build on the previous settlement so each one becomes a bit more challenging so by the time we finish we have something to be proud of instead of build, destroy, repeat. It is tedious and I am almost done with the first level of the Japan one and had no desire to do another one.

DeletedUser9541

Good job INNO.... The listing manner for quest 17 in the Japanese settlement is easier to understand (than last viking quest) and a similar method of listing would be a welcomed change in the viking settlement also. Thank you

Damjan88

Merchant
So, one soy expansion or straight rush to merchant?

Strait to merchant is probably your best bet as you will get 3 expansions from it strait away. As for the rest of them I think they should all come from the merchant goods as well but testing is deffinatelly needed :D

ThForth99

Farmer
When is this to show up? I am either blind or it the settlement does not show. Do I have to finish my Viking settlement first? Is it a browser bug? Help!

Rusje

Steward
You only can play 1 settlement at once, so you have to or complete vikings or abadon vikings before you can play japan.

Rusje

Steward
I had this issue today on Beta with the Vikings. Also on live server this week (also Vikings). It's just a visual bug, nothing else...

HannahMecoe

Merchant
Minor quibble.... A rural village in Feudal Japan would be extremely unlikely to have koban (large gold or silver coins). Maybe change them to zeni (small copper cash)?

Praeceptor

Marquis
I have just abandoned my settlement, and I don't think I'll be bothering with it again.

I was hoping that the build/demolish/rebuild cycle would have been fixed for the second settlement, but it seems not. To be honest, I just can't be bothered, no matter how good the reward might be. These settlements are just a massive chore and I'm sick of doing them. If you could delete runestones etc without the confirmation popup it would help, but I still feel it's not a brilliant design if you constantly have to rebuild things you've just deleted to progress.

I've finished the Vikings in my main city on the live servers, but I'm not doing settlements in any of my other cities. I doubt I'll be doing any settlements any more if they are all going to be like this.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I am close to finishing my first Japan settlement. I expect to finish within the next 2-2,5 days with about 5,5-6 days to spare.

Even though I had luck with a x4 Bonus on my first harvest, I think the timescale of feudal japan is a lot shorter than vikings. The merchant makes it a lot easier to finish within the bonus time. I also think that the pacing is better and it felt like less extra-diplomacy had to be put up whenever unlocking the advancements so far.

Overall it plays better than vikings.

One thing with the merchant though... when in the last segment of the settlement one good is needed way more than the others (e.g. I have to get 380 instruments and the other stuff only 150 together), the merchant will not help much anymore, as most of his offers will not be needed - only for unlocking further expansions maybe. To play efficiently, one has to keep in mind that the merchant might give a fitting offer at some point and one should stop producing a specific good before enough of it is in stock.

Amdira

Baronet
I finished the first settlement yesterday and really like it much more than vikings. The coins output is better balanced to production and the merchant really helps a lot. I'm aware of some mistakes I made and looking forward to doing the second one with a better strategy. As you need 10 goods each for the last quest anyway, I guess the merchant can be used for this, too (as it says collect instead of produce) - didn't think about that in first round. All in all ... still very happy with Japanese settlement ♥

DeletedUser9477

I do really like this Japanese Settlement.
The Vikings one is great but this one is still much better. It looks wonderful and relaxing to me, like to just look at the screen after a busy day at work :)
This special house where it's possible to get goods by negotiating is a real improvement. Allows to get goods, and therefore expansions, faster.
Also like the fact there are 2 different buildings proposed at some levels when moving up.
All in all, it's a real success to me, BRAVO :)

Finished the first Japanese settlement with 2days and 12h left on the golden timer. I bought total of 7 expansions, although I could possibly have done with just 6, but I got some free goods through the market. I had a somewhat slow start cause I did some miscalculations, but still finished within the time frame. I believe I could have been more active than I was, so there is still room for improvment.

Overall, I like this settlement much more than Vikings, despite being same repetitive thing, but the whole aesthetics are really nice, the whole market thing helps a lot too later on - it actually makes it way faster to unlock the expansions..

I have a question though, about the market.. I know it has chance to give extra goods when negotiating (once I got 5x goods instead of 1x). Does this chance increase with each finished settlement, like it does with production bonus?

DeletedUser10047

I have a question though, about the market.. I know it has chance to give extra goods when negotiating (once I got 5x goods instead of 1x). Does this chance increase with each finished settlement, like it does with production bonus?
Good question. The announcement states that the merchant can give 4x, but like Wanheda, I also got 5x. Is the announcement in error in this regard? And what is the percent chance of getting the boost from the Merchant?

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I'm too is much more happy with this settlement. It's way better balanced and less stressful than Vikings. I too will finish with 2-3 days left.
It's important to keep the game fun as some people like me have enough stress at work. ;)

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Cut it down to 5-6 with 51-60 quests each.

Oh Hell no. They aren't events, they're settlements--51 to 60 quests for a settlement is ridiculous to me. I finished the Japanese settlement this morning...it was the first time I have ever finished a settlement within the "gold standard" time. It was fun for me, and I'd like to keep it that way. I don't need the aggravation of "51-60" quests when it isn't even an event.

DeletedUser9522

As I am well into the 2nd setllement here some feedback from me.

The gameplay seems smoother than the vikings. I did not have to build and demolish the diplomacy buildings as often as I tried to let them stand whenever possible.
Because the expansions are more expensive, I did not buy any before getting the merchant (which was after 1 day 4 hours).
In summary I got 9 expansions in total, 4 of which I could get after the first merchant visit, because I got the x4 Bonus in a negotiation for armor.
After the merchant I incidentally had always enough diplomacy to unlock the next Advancement without needing to demolish streets.
I was done with nearly 6,5 days to spare.

The 2nd settlement is slightly slower going, because the first round of goods in the merchant are not as favorable, but there were also 3 expansions possible after the first visit. I think it is well on the way also.

I like that some advancements are unlocked simultaneously. Here I have build all buildings to completion.
The starting place in the corner does make it more difficult, but I like that.