• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Feudal Japan

DeletedUser10144

Hi In.My.ConTrol,
Since all settlements are build, rearrange, tear down, build, rearrange, tear down,
Would it be possible in your next revision to include the "Re-construction Mode", available in our cities, in the settlements?
It sure would make things much easier to rearrange our settlements over and over.

I agree, and it would also be really nice if they allowed us to purchase new buildings in the re-construction mode, and the cost for these buildings would of course be payed when we accept the re-construction :)

DeletedUser8859

Hi In.My.ConTrol, Since all settlements are build, rearrange, tear down, build, rearrange, tear down,
Would it be possible in your next revision to include the "Re-construction Mode", available in our cities, in the settlements? It sure would make things much easier to rearrange our settlements over and over.

Surely it would be much easier to remodel (specially at mobile app) if Reconstruction Mode be available. I'm mostly (95% or more of the time) a mobile player.

However, number of expansions in a Settlement is way less than a city beyond Iron age / EMMA. I do not think the Reconstruction Mode is really needed, just sell all roads, push everything to a side and start repositioning as needed. If selling all roads is not enough there are building with construction time of just 1 minute, not big issue of selling/ rebuild those too.

Not sure if the balance of benefit vs cost to implement Reconstruction Mode at Settlements worth the effort.

In.My.ConTroL

Inhouse Community Manager
Hi In.My.ConTrol,
Since all settlements are build, rearrange, tear down, build, rearrange, tear down,
Would it be possible in your next revision to include the "Re-construction Mode", available in our cities, in the settlements?
It sure would make things much easier to rearrange our settlements over and over.

That a good idea. I'll forward your suggestion to the development team! :]

DeletedUser9410

This mode is useless: usually we change buildings with each operation. And the settlements are too small, with buildings built in 1 minute, it's easy to change them without "Re-construction Mode"

NOT on mobile it isn't. On pc you can move buildings over one another, you can't do that on mobile, if you want to re arrange buildings ( especially bigger ones ) you either need a blank space open for them, or you need to delete stuff to make the space then after rearranging what you want, rebuild again.
I think re construction mode should be enabled, at least for mobile players.

On the plus side i just finished my 1st Japanese settlement and did it within the minimum time limit and got full fragments. This is the 1st time since the settlements started that i have managed to do so. :D

sirblu

Baronet
That a good idea. I'll forward your suggestion to the development team! :]
Hi Again,
I have another suggestion but this time for the next settlement, maybe Egypt.
For a building, maybe a Pyramid, have it function a bit like the Traz but give out goods instead of troops. So for every goods building regardless of age that you have in your city, have the Pyramid produce x amount of goods from that era. If you have more than one era goods building in your city then it would return goods randomly from those eras. Just like the Traz does with troops. You could even use the same output rate as the Traz. It should not be that difficult to program since the basic programming is already in place for the Traz. You just need to modify the output from troops to goods. This would really help folks who do GvG and need goods from eras other than the one they are currently in.
What do you think?

DeletedUser9410

Hi Again,
For a building, maybe a Pyramid, have it function a bit like the Traz but give out goods instead of troops. So for every goods building regardless of age that you have in your city, have the Pyramid produce x amount of goods from that era. If you have more than one era goods building in your city then it would return goods randomly from those eras. Just like the Traz does with troops. You could even use the same output rate as the Traz. It should not be that difficult to program since the basic programming is already in place for the Traz. You just need to modify the output from troops to goods. This would really help folks who do GvG and need goods from eras other than the one they are currently in.
What do you think?

I like the idea, but, it will not help people who do gvg as settlement goods are only used in the settlement and nowhere else.

sirblu

Baronet
I like the idea, but, it will not help people who do gvg as settlement goods are only used in the settlement and nowhere else.
Sorry, I may not have explained this properly. I am not talking about settlement goods. The settlements, once all reiterations are completed, offer buildings that you put into your main city like the Viking Yggdrasil or the Japan Shinto Temple. These buildings are placed in your main city and provide benefits to your main city not the settlements. I was suggesting a building for the Egypt settlements once all iterations are completed, such as a pyramid, to offer goods similar to the Traz offering Troops.

I hope this clarifies my suggestion.

DeletedUser9410

Sorry, I may not have explained this properly. I am not talking about settlement goods. The settlements, once all reiterations are completed, offer buildings that you put into your main city like the Viking Yggdrasil or the Japan Shinto Temple. These buildings are placed in your main city and provide benefits to your main city not the settlements. I was suggesting a building for the Egypt settlements once all iterations are completed, such as a pyramid, to offer goods similar to the Traz offering Troops.

I hope this clarifies my suggestion.

Ah now i understand, yes i like the idea, would be interesting to see a Pyramid in the city. Ok we have the TOR but technically that is not a pyramid.
Or maybe a Spinx might look good. There is a decoration like that at the moment. I think a 4x3 Sphinx would be cool.
Although a Spinx originally comes from Egypt it also comes from Greek and Persian culture as well and it's abilities was to guard the treasures beneath it. But it is thought to symbolize strength and wisdom.

sirblu

Baronet
Ah now i understand, yes i like the idea, would be interesting to see a Pyramid in the city. Ok we have the TOR but technically that is not a pyramid.
Or maybe a Spinx might look good. There is a decoration like that at the moment. I think a 4x3 Sphinx would be cool.
Although a Spinx originally comes from Egypt it also comes from Greek and Persian culture as well and it's abilities was to guard the treasures beneath it. But it is thought to symbolize strength and wisdom.
AHH! Yeah a Sphinx would be cool although I actually don't care what it looks like so long as it fits in a 4x4 space and gives us goods from the ages we select like the Traz does.

sirblu

Baronet
About the Spinx:
The Great Sphinx of Giza’s original name translates to “The Terrifying One” or more literally “Father of Dread”. According to Mythology, The Sphinx is believed to have asked passers-by this riddle: “Which creature has one voice and yet becomes four-footed and two-footed and three-footed?” It is said the Sphinx strangled and devoured any who could not answer.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Sorry, can't resist. The Sphinx is one of my favorite figures in Antiquity. I blame my mother. :p

The Great Sphinx of Giza (which wears the face of the Pharaoh Khafre) was never called that by the Egyptians...twas the Arabs who called him "Abū al-Hawl", (Father of Horror) after the Muslim conquest of Egypt in 649 AD.

The Sphinx reputed to devour people who could not answer her riddle was one of three 'monsters' born of the Chimaera. The poet Hesiod tells the story of her defeat at the hands (or rather, words) of Oedipus. In some versions she hurls herself from her rocky perch to her death, in others she devours herself in a rage.

The Egyptians and Greeks aren't the only cultures who had a Sphinx, so there's quite a lot of history behind the figure. Too bad the Norwegians never adopted/adapted her...imagine the children she and Loki would have had. :D

For those interested:

https://www.ancient.eu/sphinx/
https://www.britannica.com/topic/sphinx

I don't think it would do any harm to have a nice, big Sphinx as a reward from the Egyptian settlement. 69_EmoticonsHDcom1.png

DeletedUser9410

Sorry, can't resist. The Sphinx is one of my favorite figures in Antiquity. I blame my mother. :p

The Great Sphinx of Giza (which wears the face of the Pharaoh Khafre) was never called that by the Egyptians...twas the Arabs who called him "Abū al-Hawl", (Father of Horror) after the Muslim conquest of Egypt in 649 AD.

The Sphinx reputed to devour people who could not answer her riddle was one of three 'monsters' born of the Chimaera. The poet Hesiod tells the story of her defeat at the hands (or rather, words) of Oedipus. In some versions she hurls herself from her rocky perch to her death, in others she devours herself in a rage.

The Egyptians and Greeks aren't the only cultures who had a Sphinx, so there's quite a lot of history behind the figure. Too bad the Norwegians never adopted/adapted her...imagine the children she and Loki would have had. :D

For those interested:

I don't think it would do any harm to have a nice, big Sphinx as a reward from the Egyptian settlement. View attachment 4140

It would make a good defense Gb, anyone who attacked you would have to answer a riddle, if they got it wrong, they would lose ALL their attacking army, and YOU could then plunder THEM:oops:o_O:eek::p:p:p

sirblu

Baronet

For those interested:

I don't think it would do any harm to have a nice, big Sphinx as a reward from the Egyptian settlement. View attachment 4140
Thank you Wykken, I am always glad to learn something new. I actually took the above from Google so ya see how much they know lol

Umbrathor

Baronet
What do you think?
First of all: I know it is off-topic to discuss future Settlement Main Prize buildings here, but I would like to recognize Sirblu's creative idea. It might be best to continue this in another thread. Maybe Sirblu could start one, or a Moderator could move this conversation to a new thread?

The idea of making the Egyption main prize a Goods-Alcatraz is creative. However, getting goods for lower ages can also be achieved by trading down, which gets you larger amonts of the lower era goods - especially if you go all the way to the ones where every era down you get double goods. Trading down seems a faster way of getting low(er) era goods, than a goods-alca.

After all, a goods-alca will give you random goods from all the eras you have buildings for. Many people will have buildings from their current and maybe previous era up, sometimes also the ones from eras that provide the raw material those current goods buildings need.

While some people will be happy with a building that improves their goods uotput, not everyone will be happy to get low era goods, say EMA, instead of their current era goods, say Progressive Era, which are worth many times the EMA goods.

A compromise that allows for greater flexibility and individual choice: have the building provide a boost to goods analogous to what Pharos and Royal Albert Hall do for supplies. In other words: a percentile bonus to any goods collection, that you can use x times, and that will refresh with your next harvest of the Sphinx.

So you harvest the Sphinx, choose which goods buildings' output you want to boost, harvest those first with a bonus, then harvest the other goods buildings without the bonus.

DeletedUser9410

A compromise that allows for greater flexibility and individual choice: have the building provide a boost to goods analogous to what Pharos and Royal Albert Hall do for supplies. In other words: a percentile bonus to any goods collection, that you can use x times, and that will refresh with your next harvest of the Sphinx.

So you harvest the Sphinx, choose which goods buildings' output you want to boost, harvest those first with a bonus, then harvest the other goods buildings without the bonus.

Whilst i see your point here, i think many people in higher ages don't have goods buildings so this won't help them at all.
Unless it was designed to boost any building which was set to produce goods, for example, the Sleigh Builder.

sirblu

Baronet
However, getting goods for lower ages can also be achieved by trading down, which gets you larger amonts of the lower era goods - especially if you go all the way to the ones where every era down you get double goods. Trading down seems a faster way of getting low(er) era goods, than a goods-alca..

Perhaps, but in my main world it is impossible to trade down for say Iron Age Goods to fight in GvG since no one in my Hood, Guild or friends list are in that age. So trading down while it works for Ages in and arround your current age does not always work for the Iron age, EMA, etc goods needed to fight in those ages in GvG[/QUOTE]