• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Feudal Japan

Owl II

Emperor
What about the cost of negotiating with Merchant? It was 1 good for each option. But today I found that each option is already 2 goods

There doesn't seem to be any trend, just several combinations that are randomly chosen. So far I have seen:

5 slots: 4* 1 good plus coins or 3*2 goods plus coins plus supplies
6 slots: 5*1 good plus suppl or 6*2 goods

Andi47

Overlord
Yyyyyyuck!!! I almost can't imagine worse impediments...
Japanese_superbad_impediments.jpg

sirblu

Baronet
What about the cost of negotiating with Merchant? It was 1 good for each option. But today I found that each option is already 2 goods
What iteration of the settlement are you on? 1st run through? 2nd? 5th?
I believe the merchant costs increases as you perform more iterations.

DeletedUser10047

What iteration of the settlement are you on? 1st run through? 2nd? 5th?
I believe the merchant costs increases as you perform more iterations.
I haven't seen any increase in costs. I saw the costs detailed by @kleopatra911 on my first settlement.

What costs have you been seeing, @sirblu?

sirblu

Baronet
I haven't seen any increase in costs. I saw the costs detailed by @kleopatra911 on my first settlement.

What costs have you been seeing, @sirblu?
If I remember correctly, The first and 2nd pass through were 1 good EA option and I don't think it increased until my 3rd iteration. I quit after the 3rd pass through. I figured that was enough to test it. I did notice though, that I had 4 diamond expansions for the 1st and 2nd pass but only 3 for the third. When it got rolled out to the live servers it was only 3 diamond expansions to begin with

DeletedUser10047

If I remember correctly, The first and 2nd pass through were 1 good EA option and I don't think it increased until my 3rd iteration. I quit after the 3rd pass through. I figured that was enough to test it. I did notice though, that I had 4 diamond expansions for the 1st and 2nd pass but only 3 for the third. When it got rolled out to the live servers it was only 3 diamond expansions to begin with
It took me a while to finish the Vikings settlement I was on when Feudal Japan was released. Perhaps changes were made before I got underway.

Umbrathor

Baronet
I do think there has been a change with the merchant: you just get 3 turns now, even if you have 6 different goods. I am opting out of the 6x 2 goods / 3 turns if I don't sorely need those goods.

I hope we will get an option to add a turn, in the tavern or elsewhere, but I assume Inno will not implement that.

Last edited:

sirblu

Baronet
I do think there has been a change with the merchant: you just get 3 turns now, even if you have 6 different goods. I am opting out of the 6x 2 goods / 3 turns if I don't sorely need those goods.

I hope we will get an option to add a turn, in the tavern or elsewhere, but I assume Inno will not implement that.
The Merchant works the same way as the negotiations in GE - you start with 3 turns and if you still can't get it then you can keep adding turns for 10 diamonds.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I don't see that happening - Inno doesn't make any Diamond sales that way. Each turn costs 10 diamonds - the same as in GE and other quests
Indirectly it could - if the cost of coins is high enough, players will struggle to produce enough goods and will, therefore, pay diamonds to finish the settlements faster to get good rewards.

It would have to be at least 1k-2k coins per attempt (I'd actually say 2.5k would be fair) because that would balance with the cost of good productions.

Idk, just an idea :)

DeletedUser10085

Hmm, afaik the term "temple" isn't used in Shintoism, the religious buildings are called shrines. Maybe the buildings' name should be changed to a more proper one, something like "Great Shinto Shrine"...

Last edited by a moderator:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Hmm, afaik the term "temple" isn't used in Shintoism, the religious buildings are called shrines. Maybe the buildings' name should be changed to a more proper one, something like "Great Shinto Shrine"...
I guess technically you are right as the English word "temple" is commonly used for Buddhist and "shrine" for Shinto... but only from a foreigners point of view.

As they are both temples from a religious point of view, it seems the difference between "temple" and "shrine" is only an invention of the translators to make it easier for foreigners to get the difference. As long as Inno gets it right in the Japanese language version (if there ever is such a thing) all should be fine.

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I do think there has been a change with the merchant: you just get 3 turns now, even if you have 6 different goods.
Nope... there always have been only three turns, no matter if there were 5 or 6 negotiation options.

What might have changed though is that the negotiation is not randomized again after it was aborted.

I am opting out of the 6x 2 goods / 3 turns if I don't sorely need those goods.

I fell like the chance to solve a negotiation with 5 options is a bit better than 50% and the 6 options one is a bit worse than 50% - so on average you need about two tries for any given negotiation.

As long as I am not sorely lacking the real cities goods, I will usually just restart the negotiation if it is not solved after 3 turns - compared to GEx4 negotiations the japanese ones are dirt cheap...

Last edited:

DeletedUser9797

Please leave any feedback on Cultural Settlements - Feudal Japan in this thread.
You can find the details here.
As I think it is reasonable to make the main prize in all Cultural Settlements unaided and unplundered. We spend much time for completing the questlines so I think it is reasonable to make a guaranteed (unplundered) prize. Besides, there are a lot of other buildings which need aiding. Please, think about this idea.
Thank you