• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Aztecs

estrid

Baronet
Why do tasks ask to build TWO maize fields? One would be quite enough. I really don't have room for two, because there's no sense to give up garden or aviary yet.

CrashBoom

Legend
Question about settlement start on every page here in beta. I wonder how bad it would be when it goes on live :D
I wonder how lazy and ignorant people are

that information it is in the announcement and as you said: on every page

but still people don't read it and think they are the first with that question and the answer needs to be brought to them personally

---

but when the alien settlement comes out in 2022 or 2023 which requires to be at least in space age mars they already know that settlements have an age requirement

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Why do tasks ask to build TWO maize fields? One would be quite enough. I really don't have room for two, because there's no sense to give up garden or aviary yet.

It's actually not a bad idea when you first unlock maize to go to 2 or 3 maize fields and get the rest of your expansions (giving up vegetables and headdresses for the time being).

It's actually not a bad idea when you first unlock maize to go to 2 or 3 maize fields and get the rest of your expansions (giving up vegetables and headdresses for the time being).
My total goods needed is 700 vegetables and 50-200 of the rest of them. I'm full time vegetable farms and getting the rest from the minigame.

estrid

Baronet
Maybe it's good idea sometimes, but it should be players choice not requested by tasks.

estrid

Baronet
This may be a bug: I had to leave the game suddenly leaving the build-mode on. When I came back, the shrines were ready to give beans. I collected the beans (still on build mode) and now the shrines won't react on anything although I left the building mode.

-oh, never mind. It has lost the connection once again.

What I do not understand is this :
Courtyard Market buying extra turns now do work (thanks for that!), but :
why on earth do 1 turn cost 10 diamonds, while "boost outcome" give me "double" the amount of current collected Goods, whitch cost LESS diamonds in comparison than going for extra turns !!
This NEED to be the other way around ! Let's say MAX 5 diamonds / 1 extra turn and to boost outcome need to be more diamonds ....

I like this minigame, BUT
1) really : you ONLY get 1 turn more than the total amount of Goods you can get (max) .... that's really NOT enough ! At least give 3 more turns than the max amount of Goods ! Preferably 5 extra please ! OR : give 1 or 2 fields for free to start with
2) And make more difference between the 3 minigames in amount of Goods (and turns) to give us a bit more and longer minigame pleasure !! Now it's done way too fast ! :confused:
3) I like this minigame because it need to be some "logical thinking", but with just so little turns and so big chance to only open fields (stone) with a number on, just a "few" turns over for real fun ! With just so little turns it's way MORE a matter of LUCK !! That makes me sad, because then this minigame LOST it's real function !!!

kaymedic

Marquis
I wonder how lazy and ignorant people are

that information it is in the announcement and as you said: on every page

but still people don't read it and think they are the first with that question and the answer needs to be brought to them personally

Still a valid point. I think it would be a better idea to have the aztecs in the settlement screen but greyd out or something else with an indication that you have to research a specific technology.

Hilary Briss

Merchant
Having just collected from the mini game, I went back into GE and did one fight, and the popups for the goods I'd just won in Aztecs happened again. Unfortunately it didn't add to my goods total!

Owl II

Emperor
This mini-game is like a little entertainment after a hard day's work collecting beans. It's not much use, but it distracts you from your work.:)

I strongyl believe that's a bug !

Depending the mini-game, a suggestion to make it more thrilling :
Make this like minesweeper : we may NOT stumble on "bombs" (but here it's a "Stone Monster", which eat vegetables or maize & crushes Headresses or carved stones), but when you stumble upon a Stone Monster, you loose 1 Cultural Good of the total you can get . If you loose MORE Cult. G. than you can get in a mini-game : it's GAME OVER and you get nothing ...
You can "mark" each tile that contains a Stone Monster : a flag in real minesweeper, but here make it a "Big Hammer" - a symbol that virtually crush that Stone Monster !
maybe as extra : you can UNDO a marked tile, but then you loose 1 Cultural Good too ! But at the end : all wrong market tiles means you loose 1 Cult G/ each wrong marked one !

You "cleared" the whole map when you found all Stone Monster tiles (market them correct !) OR when you opened all tiles (empthy and numbered tiles) except the Stone Monster tiles !
You need to clear the whole mini-game map to win the Cultural Goods that are left !
You can decide to pay Diamonds to get a Hint/Tip : 5 Diamonds to open 1 random tile, 7 Diamonds to reveal 2 tiles and 10 D. to reveal up to 3 tiles (if the random choosen tile(s) containing a Monster you get a Big hammer marked tile and do NOT loose 1 Cult. G. ! )

So only when you like to get "help" it cost you Diamonds (like getting an extra turn by negotiating in Feudal Japan or Healing a unit by Ancient Egypt)
Make 3 mini-games a bit different like this :
The first with 15 Stone Monsters, the second with 20 and the thrid with 30, something like that. But we need to know how many Stone Monsters each mini-game contains ;-)
Hope this all makes this mini-game way more thrilling and interesting ! Now it's WAY TOO a matterr of LUCK !

PLEASE please please CHANGE that mini-game !!!
Example now :
I could find 0 - 10 Vegetables.
I found 6 /10 Vegetables, then out of Tuns . So far so good ... but then :
Comparing both possibilities :
1) "boost outcome" do cost 30 Diamonds and give me 6 x 2 = 12 Cultural Goods (CG) !
2) If I like to have more fun going further and buy extra Turns to find all 10 Vegetables I need to buy AT LEAST 4 Turns, which cost me 40 Diamonds and I can NEVER get 12 Vegetables like by "boost outcome" !!

So players get more CG for LESS Diamonds when they need to choose to have LESS fun! How in the name is that even possible ?!? Ridicuous stupid system it IS at the moment, so PLEASE change this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This mini-game is each time OVER ... just at the point when it STARTS to become interesting ! o_O :oops:

Last edited: