• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Aztecs

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Might basically be my final layout:

1602980947044.png

I have 1 impediment removal left atm, but undecided where to use it yet - next time I tweak it to change number/kind of goods buildings I might change it depending on what I'm adding and how it all fits in.

My next quest is to add 2 of the 5x3 house, but I might not do it til the end when i'm ready to research the rest as that's a very disruptive rebuild to get any benefit out of - likely tearing down the goods buildings, waiting an hour for culture to build & unlock, tearing down the culture & waiting 4 hours for the houses to build, then finally tearing down residences & waiting an hour for the goods to rebuild. Maybe it'll line up with a time when I feel it's time to change my goods buildings to different types to finish up - but probably not going to save me the 6 hours all the nuisance adds up to.

Up til now I've found this settlement the least prone to needing huge amounts of dinky little culture temporarily built but I guess that couldn't last forever ;) Maybe if for some reason I decide to go on a massive bean build-up kick and put in 3 more texcotzingos instead of goods buildings ;)

I'm currently running 5 goods buildings at a deficit; I should be able to break even on 4 but I have a decent number of beans built up so I may as well spend em.

Owl II

Emperor
likely tearing down the goods buildings, waiting an hour for culture to build & unlock, tearing down the culture & waiting 4 hours for the houses to build, then finally tearing down residences & waiting an hour for the goods to rebuild
"Have" - you don't have to wait for them to be built. You just need 2 foundations. But this will require a global rebuild because of diplomacy. You are right, it is better to save up all the goods and then finish the remaining quests. But it will be bad if there is still a quest "produce 20 maize or stone figures";)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
"Have" - you don't have to wait for them to be built. You just need 2 foundations. But this will require a global rebuild because of diplomacy. You are right, it is better to save up all the goods and then finish the remaining quests. But it will be bad if there is still a quest "produce 20 maize or stone figures";)

If I make the space to plant them, I may as well wait for them to build - they are more space efficient. The big tear down is really the nuisance I'd like to avoid doing more often than I have to :)

Owl II

Emperor
If I make the space to plant them, I may as well wait for them to build - they are more space efficient. The big tear down is really the nuisance I'd like to avoid doing more often than I have to :)
Then there is no point in delaying their build. Before Egypt, I never built the biggest houses, only medium. In Egypt, the big needed because of the pyramids. We don't know what quests are at the end yet. It is still difficult to decide whether we need big houses

Usually what I do is stop researching about on the tech 3rd to last (the biggest buildings) until I have all of the remaining goods, then unlock them and build them all in a minute, then set up my city for the final quest.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Then there is no point in delaying their build. Before Egypt, I never built the biggest houses, only medium. In Egypt, the big needed because of the pyramids. We don't know what quests are at the end yet. It is still difficult to decide whether we need big houses

The point is in avoiding doing the clickfest that is destroying the city and rebuilding it twice for not much if any gain. Diplomacy is the thing I hate most about settlements.

Owl II

Emperor
The point is in avoiding doing the clickfest that is destroying the city and rebuilding it twice for not much if any gain. Diplomacy is the thing I hate most about settlements.
It's Impossible to have it both ways. Or big houses and a click-fest with diplomacy, or as @planetofthehumans2 wrote. I'm leaning towards his version. The only intrigue is what will be the last quest. But it's still stupid to build all the diplomacy twice in the final.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It's Impossible to have it both ways. Or big houses and a click-fest with diplomacy, or as @planetofthehumans2 wrote. I'm leaning towards his version. The only intrigue is what will be the last quest. But it's still stupid to build all the diplomacy twice in the final.

And indeed I do similar. My big rebuilds in egypt are after each good unlocks. For the final quests in egypt I do tend to wait til I can unlock pyramids and then do the rebuild to unlock them & then rebuild with 2 pyramids for the culture. It means I often have to do the 20 sacrificial offerings after I no longer need them (sometimes I can swing it that I can build the culture while leaving the last offerings are still in progress) - but avoids unnecessary build & destroy.

Owl II

Emperor
And indeed I do similar. My big rebuilds in egypt are after each good unlocks. For the final quests in egypt I do tend to wait til I can unlock pyramids and then do the rebuild to unlock them & then rebuild with 2 pyramids for the culture. It means I often have to do the 20 sacrificial offerings after I no longer need them (sometimes I can swing it that I can build the culture while leaving the last offerings are still in progress) - but avoids unnecessary build & destroy.
Squares are very cheap in Egypt. Rebuilds are not a problem there. But not here. Here we don't know yet we need big houses. So it seemed strange to me that you were planning to build them.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Squares are very cheap in Egypt. Rebuilds are not a problem there. But not here. Here we don't know yet we need big houses. So it seemed strange to me that you were planning to build them.

If not for the diplomacy headache, sure. It'd be easy enough during a transition to be only down a couple goods buildings while building bigger houses in their place - and then could take down old houses. But the diplomacy requirement kinda necessitates taking them all down.

Owl II

Emperor
If not for the diplomacy headache, sure. It'd be easy enough during a transition to be only down a couple goods buildings while building bigger houses in their place - and then could take down old houses. But the diplomacy requirement kinda necessitates taking them all down.
Well, anyway, we will wait for the last quest and see if they are needed. There 18 quest. I think 19 will be "build a great temple". So far there is no reason to build big houses

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Well, anyway, we will wait for the last quest and see if they are needed. There 18 quest. I think 19 will be "build a great temple". So far there is no reason to build big houses
Last two quests are

19: Build a Great Temple
20: Gather 3000 Cocoa Beans, 20 of each good

I was quite surprised by the low amount of Cocoa Beans, I was able to get that instantly (2x 8h productions in the Texcotzingo), so deleted all the cocoa beans buildings and got 2x of each goods building, then ran them all on 8h productions

Owl II

Emperor
Last two quests are

19: Build a Great Temple
20: Gather 3000 Cocoa Beans, 20 of each good

I was quite surprised by the low amount of Cocoa Beans, I was able to get that instantly (2x 8h productions in the Texcotzingo), so deleted all the cocoa beans buildings and got 2x of each goods building, then ran them all on 8h productions
Oh, it's great news, thank u. So Pipiltin palase is not needed

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Oh, it's great news, thank u. So Pipiltin palase is not needed
No not necessarily. I replaced my residences with it though, so in the end I had 2 palaces + goods buildings. But you should probably be fine with the residences as well

Owl II

Emperor
No not necessarily. I replaced my residences with it though, so in the end I had 2 palaces + goods buildings. But you should probably be fine with the residences as well
Depends on the territory, on the location of impediments. 4 hours for rebuilding is at least 25 goods for me now. In my current configuration, I won't be able to fit just one goods building. 5 hours for rebuilding or 5 hours for additional production? It doesn't matter

GateKeeper

Baronet
So I finally made it to CA, got Aztecs, 2nd day, yes I diamonded up two items early on, to get things moving. I like the minigame, even though you only have 1 random shot at getting the full reward, without diamonds. But thats ok, my first mini I got 3 sets of the Stone Figures, which turned out to be the best situation, not sure if everybody got that, but I was able to open 2 expansions immediately at the cheapest cost. The Aztecs itself does seem slow like the Vikings though (i saw a bunch of posts about that already). Without spending diamonds, its a really slow start to get your settlement built, goods and researched. Thats ok, though as long as an active player can get Gold reward without diamonds. ill try it diamondless on the 2nd try to see though

I do not understand:
-An additional move costs 10 diamonds, a maximum of one additional good is possible
-If I want to double my earnings after all my moves, 1 good costs 5 diamonds
-in research, a missing good costs 5 diamonds

So why should I buy 1 additional attempt?