• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Ancient Egypt

DeletedUser

To those who know a little more about Ancient Egypt, bathhouses were actually important. In Egypt, cleanliness was important and most people bathed daily (a crazy stat for those times). Therefore, the bathhouse represents an important part of daily life for Egyptians. Sure, it's not as well known as pyramids or the sphinx, but it is still Egyptian.
Sure, that is why all tourists go to Egypt to visit the Great Bathtub of Ramzes, right between Sphinx and pyramids. Some say there is actually a bathtub somewhere in sands under Sphinx...

DeletedUser

You probably started playing after GBs where introduced.xd Anyways it would be impossible
to make the challenge of fights in settlements equally for everyone if bonuses where involved.
Also there are enough fighters out there who
increase their offensive bonuses for GE4, and
getting through such fights manually fighting is
often necessary for success.
I believe they do play FoE because the fights
are achievable and tbh manually medium is
pretty easy compared to many other fights. Hard is rather more on the lvl of GE3, IMO.
Yeah, I did. I believe at the time there wasn't also GvG nor GE, not to mention GBG... What is your point?

I know some love to fight. SOME. Most of us, who do fighting, don't. That is why I think introducing battles to settlements is not good idea from our point of view. That is all.

Takethat

Merchant
Is there somewhere we can check the units stats / bonuses etc apart from ingame ? Nothing on the wikis, or other websites. ( Or too well hidden for me)

zlobnyj bot

Squire
Few words.
A month, Karl!
A year with a building with 8 random units and 25 guild goods of its era is nonsense and a player with an alcatraz and arch is not needed.
Year, Karl! For 8 random units per day.
It would be better if it just gave robbers.
How will Alcatraz interact with this? No way?))
Manual fights back and forth, roads for coins, etc. are insignificant compared to the triple length of a settlement for a much worse reward compared to the same Vikings.
In disgust, I will look for bugs on beta after passing one settlement, I do not plan to go on live servers due to lack of time

vicechris

Farmer
the units are not full healed in the Overview look like. Now I lost the battle after I see my units at the start not full healed.
Give my my Deben and dias back it´s a BUG

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
This settlement does seem to have a bit too niche prizes. The main prize becomes obsolete except for smaller cities without Trazes. If Inno wants more participation they have to open this up to be more beneficial for more people; as I see it now there might not be the participation they want.

Feanor II

Baronet
Reading the live Forum responses to the St. Patty's Day Event, I have a fun idea for when the Egypt Settlement rolls out. I'm going to have a couple of FoE buddies over my place. In a "worst-ever" homage to the Egypt Settlement, we'll get the worst-reviewed beer and hot wings we can find in the area and we'll put Showgirls on the TV while we read the Forum responses and laugh uproariously at who can be the most creative. I'm easily amused :)

It occurred to the conspiracy-minded part of my brain that Innogames might be ripping a page out of the "New Coke" playbook here. It's almost inconceivable that a company who could create as fantastic a product as FoE could also create as miserable a feature as the Egypt Settlement. It almost seems like it's intentionally bad (yes, I know technically New Coke outperformed original and Pepsi in taste tests; all analogies break down at some point). I think that they want to roll out the Egypt Settlement in its current "trainwreck" (to put it kindly) form, then they'll "correct" it in the hope the relief/gratitude will increase brand loyalty. In fact, I'll go one step further-I bet anyone 1,000 Forge Points that the true Egypt Settlement is in a software update that's already done and ready to go, probably to be released ~2 weeks after it goes live. They'll let the hopelessness and despair set in, then swoop in and save the day, and customers will be so grateful they'll be more willing to buy diamonds.

Of course, it's also possible I'm just in the "denial" stage of grief. Time will tell...

DeletedUser9778

How do I make diplomacy? I'm full, I don't want to delete building, too much to rebuild, roads too expensive to delete, expansions are already too expensive to waste precious goods, I'm short on coins too, starting to be short on loot too

DeletedUser9778

How do I make diplomacy? I'm full, I don't want to delete building, too much to rebuild, roads too expensive to delete, expansions are already too expensive to waste precious goods, I'm short on coins too, starting to be short on loot too
I know, I delete one production building, put the diplomacy, then rebuild, the only way

edit: done, I had to delete one house too, was nice. Would have been much easier just to delete the roads and then rebuild

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8743

This settlement does seem to have a bit too niche prizes. The main prize becomes obsolete except for smaller cities without Trazes. If Inno wants more participation they have to open this up to be more beneficial for more people; as I see it now there might not be the participation they want.
I'd say it further reduces the players who actually need a Traz. Only heavy auto battlers need a Traz.

DeletedUser9761

I had to finish my Egytian settlement today as Inno asked. When I started the next one I had to put down a Training center for a quest. I put it down and then deleted it. The number of people taken for the Training camp only got restored to the total counter after I reloaded the city.

Achaeus

Marquis
My Settlement popped up with a "Finish" button today and I could not do anything except finish so I did! Got my fragment and bathhouse rewards so I am not going to complain, but I was no where near done.

Update:
Just saw Inno finished the settlements due to issues with the quest line.

Last edited:

Rakshas

Farmer
My Settlement popped up with a "Finish" button today and I could not do anything except finish so I did! Got my fragment and bathhouse rewards so I am not going to complain, but I was no where near done.

This happened to me as well, just created a bug report.

Yes, they announced that they have to restart the settlement for all because of a questline issue.

Well, luckily for me as I had already lost almost all my free troups from quest 3. So I can restart with a proper new settlement.

Last edited: