• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Ancient Egypt

coolyfooly

Squire
If you don't finish in time, you just lose fragments of the Obelisk. Not a big loss IMO. The settlement requires 10 runs and the Obelisk only has 4 levels. So you can afford to miss the timed reward a couple times and still get 2 lvl 4 Obelisks.
I think your math is wrong... 9 fragments per run, 10 runs is 90 fragments divided by 15 is 6, meaning u will only get 1 lvl 4 and a lvl 2 if u finish with 9 fragment reward every time.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I think your math is wrong... 9 fragments per run, 10 runs is 90 fragments divided by 15 is 6, meaning u will only get 1 lvl 4 and a lvl 2 if u finish with 9 fragment reward every time.

gold is 9+4+2, not 9. same as the other settlements. you get 15 for a gold run because you get the silver and bronze rewards as well. (Though I do think maybe it should be a bit higher since this settlement takes longer)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So... Just got done my second day's fights (all 3 again). Only lost 1 unit on medium and 2 on hard this time (all attached).

I'm loving it so far. The fights are reminiscent of early continent battles. They also show off some of the abilities that don't really get a chance to shine in a world of high boost (swarm sucked hard on gliders, but it's amazing on khopesh fighters). The units seem well balanced and all potentially interesting. I've seen all 5 in the defending armies by now. I've only used fighters and mounted camel archers so far on offense though.

I've now drained most of my starting coins so I'll need to start running some of those divine statues, but i have 4 slots in a training camp and 4 slots in a camel barn. I had been running 2 training camps at the start to get the first hard done, but sold the 2nd one off today after I did my hard fight - hadn't wasted any coins on unlocking slots in the 2nd; was just being used to give me the units I needed faster in the first couple days.

I built a 2nd grain before I went to sleep last night and had two 8 hrs running overnight. I got both a x4 loot and a x4 grain to start off the day so I'm well set on loot for a while and unlocked Pottery. Switched the 2nd grain for a pottery. Got a couple more expansions from that and am now building a 2nd pottery to try and push for more expansions and chariots.

I'm sure I'll be sick of it by the time I've done 10 runs on various worlds, but it seems an entertaining addition for a while at least and it's the only settlement I've held anything other than dread over :) I'm really glad to have some well balanced fights. I wish the rewards were a bit better - but it's not like they're so bad that I won't build them.

Might be a hard decision after run #10 though between having fun in egypt or chasing dojos that are both faster to acquire and provide more value from miserable japan (primarily a 3x3 vs 2x2 issue; similar efficiency but dojos take less aid and provide more value per win). You can win a lv 5 dojo in 5x1 week, or a level 4 obelisk in 4x2 weeks judging by the time limits set on them. and it takes 2 level 4 obelisks to be slightly worse than 1 level 5 dojo (since it takes 2 aids). So 16 weeks of extra egypt to be slightly worse off than 5 weeks of extra japan. While the defense bonus on the obelisk is welcome, it's less efficient by far than sentinel towers and I don't like 2x2s that need aid.

With that in mind, one of the following would satisfy me wrt Ancient Obelisk:
- remove the aid requirement (might not work for everyone - but for me buildings that don't need aid are worth a small premium)
- double the fragments per run so it's not so far behind in terms of amount acquirable at least
- add a 3rd FP (BIG stretch I know for a 2x2; but the only way for it to really be a fair comparison to more dojos is if it's notably more space efficient than them)

Similar changes might be in line for vikings greater runestone except I don't know that anyone wants to run extra vikings after it's all done anyways :p

DeletedUser9734

After 2 days on the Egyptian settlement, I feel it is well balanced, mostly because it is very easy to get a lot of expansions on the cheap early in the game. I already got 5 expansions using grain and pottery. The 1st expansion cost 1 grain, the second cost me 5 grain, the 3rd cost me 1 pottery, the 4th also cost only 1 pottery, etc. So the cost for the expansions is less than previous settlements. This mitigates the problem of the impediments in every expansion. I actually have enough pottery to buy a 6th expansion for 5 pottery, but since I already have 3 military buildings and 2 goods buildings, I'm not in a hurry to add right away. My biggest issue with this settlement is the main prize. The effort it will take to get a fully leveled main prize is not worth it. If the main prize isn't upgraded, I'll just do one run of this settlement, for the fun of it.

DeletedUser10405

9-10 months for 10 settlements? For those prizes? Or to be correct for any prize that long period of time? No thanks.

Feanor II

Baronet
I logged into my main world this morning and of course the "Buy diamonds and get bonus Event Currency!" screen popped up, which is an offer I usually take advantage of. This time I closed the window. And I'll keep closing those windows until they start listening to the players.

-Roads should cost coins/supplies
-Reduce training time on troops
-Increase the number of incidents that can be removed with diamonds

Feanor II

Baronet
You mean WITHOUT diamonds, don't you?
No, with diamonds. I think the option to remove an impediment for 50 diamonds is very reasonable. I just think the cap is too low. Raising it will mean more diamonds spent (good for Inno) and a less-rage-inducing game experience for the players (good for us). Everybody wins.

DeletedUser9570

But not everyone wants to spend diamonds. The relationship between what you have to pay for the diamonds and what you get for them is way off, and before Inno can expect people to buy more diamonds they need to change that. 50 Dias to remove an impediment is WAY too high. It should be 10 at best, maybe just only 5 or 1.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
But not everyone wants to spend diamonds. The relationship between what you have to pay for the diamonds and what you get for them is way off, and before Inno can expect people to buy more diamonds they need to change that. 50 Dias to remove an impediment is WAY too high. It should be 10 at best, maybe just only 5 or 1.
We can also give you diamonds when you remove an obstacle ..... 1 or 5 diamonds is ridiculous!

coolyfooly

Squire
There is no reason to make recruit time so long, being we limited based on are coins production as to how much we can make. Should not also be limited based on time as well just so it takes much longer to complete then it should. I would not call that making it hard, just dragging it out longer.

Fenix

Viceroy
I like it, but:
I do not see the roads (it's really bad, as I said before you do not like people with prescription glasses). All the contrasts are extremely low.
I miss the battle sounds.
I do not know if I will heaver finish this on time (probably no).
Too many impediments (same areas should be free from them from start, 1/3 at least)

DeletedUser10150

a month?!? I thought 2 weeks was bad enough for the other settlements lol.... Abandonded. I am not interested in a month long commitment to a settlement no matter what the rewards are.
I like MANY things about FoE, but these last 2 additions (St Pattys & Egyptian), have really put me off :(

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Day 3: Didn't manage the hard today for the first time - only lost attached troops so no great deal. Dismissed it so I can maybe get a hard I can handle again tomorrow. Got some more expansions, unlocked multistory houses and replaced most of my housing and got a bunch of statues up making coins. Should start recovering my coin balance tomorrow at which point I'll consider adding Chariots and/or Nubian Archers to my army.