• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Ancient Egypt

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Please be aware there is a separate thread for road costs in the Viking and Feudal Japanese Settlements, many posts have been transferred to the correct feedback thread. The only posts to have been removed are for abusive comments about Innogames and the Development Team. Please continue the discussion on roads in the new feedback thread and keep this thread to feedback on Ancient Egypt.

It is of course permitted to provide negative feedback on a feature. What is not acceptable is making it personal about the Development Team, in the same way, it is not acceptable to insult one another on this forum. If you have questions as to why your post was removed you are very welcome to message me directly, I will continue to remove any posts that are perceived to be developer or Inno bashing.

DeletedUser9778

I still think that there is a little bit of contradiction, the hardest settlement but the reward it's more like to be the weakest among all settlements, for new players is quite nice and good, but if it's the hardest, isn't it especially for more experienced players? so the reward should be good for them too, I need troops, lots of them but not random, there is already the emissaries and dojo, I have random troops in my army and I can't see the time to make them all die because I don't need and they just take my visual space.

For me, the 8 random troops is about 4/10 and I'm still a pretty small player, give champion which is nice and I don't want the retreat in the city
The guild goods bonus is nice but with Arc and other buildings is not that needed, sure it's good (no, excellent) for new players and new guilds
Forge points are nice, not the best but still good for a smol building

I was sure expecting something like 20-30% defense for the attacking army for this new building, even though I don't like and need this bonus. It is what seemed rational for me giving the evolution of the game, I don't want to propose it and I hope to not see that bonus

The obelisk is nice, I like the obelisk

Umbrathor

Baronet
Please make it possible to move Rogue Den, Rogue Hideout, Drummer School and Color Guard Camp from the regular inventory to a new Culturual Settlement inventory. Any military building put in the Culturual Settlement inventory can be used once in every Culturual Settlement (and reused in subsequent Culturual Settlements). They cannot be transfered back into the regular inventory.

Building military buildings from the special inventory allows you to recruit and use those units in the Cultural Settlement battles as usual. In other words: the troops take 24h to train, and keep their regular bonuses.

Seeing as Egyptian units have attack and defense values of around 100, Color Guards and Drummers will be quite underwhelming, but being free and expendable people might actuaolly use them, whereas in the main city they become redundant in the later eras.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
How to defeat medium army? Any tips?

Details on what your medium army is made of?

Mine for day 2 has 2 heavy, 3 fast, and 2 light. I'll be taking in a squad full of light units against it as they have bonus against heavy and fast.

In general the tricks for manual battles
- try and pick units that have advantage against most of the contents of the enemy army
- advance slowly - highlight enemy units to see how far away they can advance & attack. move to just outside their range and let them advance again.
- hit first and focus fire

DeletedUser9570

This definite slant towards the need to fight battles has got me stuck. I need to start a new production of barley with loot but cannot take any because I haven't got any more soldiers left and cannot build another training camp for them. By the way, some of the soldiers I had left after the first battle were no longer there when I wanted to do the second one. This whole thing is VERY unbalanced. The way it is right now it's NO fun at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9570

The only posts to have been removed are for [allegedly] abusive comments about Innogames and the Development Team.

You're referring to criticism, aren't you? You should see how it comes that there is so much criticism and not trying to annull it by deleting it. Anyway, innogames and the developement team are responsible for having screwed things like the costs for the streets and the totally unbalanced Egyptian settlement so they deserve to be criticized, aren't they?

Thunderbummy

Marquis
Egyptian settlement: been there, done that, abandoned it, you can keep the T-shirt.
I completely agree. I cancelled a Japanese settlement, had to wait 24 hours to start Egyptian. Got bored very quickly so cancelled it after a few hours. Still waiting for Japanese to be able to restart. Will I ever come back to Egyptian? I very much doubt it unless there is a total rebalance and a serious upgrade of the prizes. Life is already busy enough, I really can't be bothered with spending more time for yet more rewards that I don't really want. I have already dubbed the St Patrick's fiasco " straight to AD" and this would only be more of the same. I used to love FoE but the most recent developments are making it evermore of a drudge. I have already culled 6 live server cities and am about to make that 7. Keep going like this Inno and I am likely to give up altogether.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
You're referring to criticism, aren't you? You should see how it comes that there is so much criticism and not trying to annull it by deleting it. Anyway, innogames and the developement team are responsible for having screwed things like the costs for the streets and the totally unbalanced Egyptian settlement so they deserve to be criticized, aren't they?
It's perfectly fine to criticise an event or feature, but it's also possible to do so without insulting anyone. Abuse towards anyone, player or employee, is not acceptable, nor is it helpful in terms of feedback.

coolyfooly

Squire
I agree the Bathhouse should offer better reward when completed, as inno says they want this to be the hardest settlement, but have the least desirable reward. Let us feel rewarded for completing the hardest settlement and give us better stats on the finished Bathhouse.
I would suggest increasing the FP to 10 from 8, and give us 20% defense for attacking army.

Last edited:

DeletedUser10265

It's perfectly fine to criticise an event or feature, but it's also possible to do so without insulting anyone. Abuse towards anyone, player or employee, is not acceptable, nor is it helpful in terms of feedback.
I will ask this question again, although I am aware of that it will be removed, because IG doesn't allow criticism. Well, seems they want to continue this "tradition".

Anyway, the question is: why the Deployment Team is allowed to abuse players community with such a nonsense like paid roads, but we are not allowed to post critical opinions?

Sl8yer

Regent

Could it be that players get frustrated, because their feedback given does not have any influence. They suggest one thing with as a result you come up with something else that nobody has asked for. Isn't giving players the idea that they can give feedback and then ignoring that same feedback, abusing players to start with? Respect works both ways. Ignoring players does not show any respect.

DeletedUser9570

So it is perfectly fine to criticise events or features but not the people responsible for them because this is considered abuse. Thanks for the clarification.

DeletedUser9570

Anyway, the question is: why the [...]Deployment Team is allowed to abuse players community with such a nonsense like paid roads, but we are not allowed to post critical opinions?

Apparently the developement team is granted much more freedom than we, the players, are. And Inno sets the border between criticism and "abuse" and they set it very tightly (in their favour).

DeletedUser9570

Hi , i'm just at the beginning. I'm not able to produce grain farms. How to obtain the necessary component ? thanks

You need enough space, 48 people (first build Simple Clay Huts) and coins and supplies from the general game.

DeletedUser9570

Could it be that players get frustrated, because their feedback given does not have any influence. They suggest one thing with as a result you come up with something else that nobody has asked for. Isn't giving players the idea that they can give feedback and then ignoring that same feedback, abusing players to start with? Respect works both ways. Ignoring players does not show any respect.

Exactly my point! It's been that way for years - feedback from players is being largely ignored, and the usual reason given (which rarely happens anyway) is "balance" of the game. Now just guess which way the game is "balanced"! :p

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
I am very surprised to see very critical players even before having tested the settlement !!!

For the moment I noticed 2 points:
* Roads are no longer free
* producing goods is free thanks to the fights.

We will have to check if it is possible to produce enough Deben to pay for the roads and the rest, if yes then all is ok