• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Ancient Egypt

Rakanu

Farmer
Is there a problem with the way it calculates free people?

I had a training camp (part of the quest series) and I removed it to put down a Camel Barn.

I have 6 Simple Clay huts at 24 people each (144 people). I now have 1 Camel Barn (35 people) and 1 Grain Farm (48 people).

It says I have 14 people left. 144-35-48 = 61 in my book.

Havik79

Baronet
So you can not produce goods without winning fights, so if you don't have enough units you can not fight so it stalls dead, and it takes 4 hours per building to build, and each unit takes 4 hours to train, so for at the start of a new city you will have several days of not enough troops to fight all 3 times, if you lose all your units and have 2 barracks it will take 16 hours to replace them, assuming you get on right in time.

Not to mention every single expansion has a 2x1 1x2 impediment.

Sigh, first 5 of my worlds only got to level 9 for forge bowl stupidity, then that catastrophic complete and total failure st paddys day, and now this, this game is not doing well in 2020.

DeletedUser9557

You don't need to do 3 battles at the start and you shouldn't. 2 Good buildings need less loot than easy+medium battle per day. So don't throw your units away for nothing.

coolyfooly

Squire
I would like my diamonds back... i spent a bunch to test it out now i cant test that well without them... unless i wait forever being slow as it is.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Ok so restart...
Easy fight cost me a troop for the first time (an unattached at that since it was the first loot run - not the end of the world, but ugh).
Medium+Hard look obnoxious as well - lots of mounted camel archers which we don't start with any counters to. Going to try the medium at least with a few nubian archers that can at least outrange the camels (and maybe hide - not putting a lot of faith in that - there doesn't seem to be too many bushes) and some camel archers of my own - hadn't tried the nubians yet last run. Opting for a camel barn for my 2nd starting barracks this time (used 2 training camps last time).

Not sure if I'm going to continue after I get a feel for the nubian archers and whether they're worth using at the start. The reset was very discouraging and I think I've seen enough to be comfortable with it for live.

DeletedUser9570

To those who know a little more about Ancient Egypt, bathhouses were actually important. In Egypt, cleanliness was important and most people bathed daily (a crazy stat for those times). Therefore, the bathhouse represents an important part of daily life for Egyptians. Sure, it's not as well known as pyramids or the sphinx, but it is still Egyptian.
Are you sure you didn't mix that up with Ancient Rome?

DeletedUser9778

Nice, not great not terrible but to be honest to retry it, I needed to think twice, I'll do it again because I need to understand how it works and how it really is and give here some feedbacks. Pretty hard for sure, but maybe not because it's complex but because it's long, I need to know if I will finish it in time and if yes, how much in time

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
What they didn't announce is WHAT they changed.

Likely the 1 diplomacy quests that should be amounts needed to unlock a tech coming soon instead. Perhaps developers don't like building and destroying diplomacy either and had intentionally disabled the real values for the speed server and forgot to put back the real values to torture us ;)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So you can not produce goods without winning fights, so if you don't have enough units you can not fight so it stalls dead, and it takes 4 hours per building to build, and each unit takes 4 hours to train, so for at the start of a new city you will have several days of not enough troops to fight all 3 times, if you lose all your units and have 2 barracks it will take 16 hours to replace them, assuming you get on right in time.

Not to mention every single expansion has a 2x1 1x2 impediment.

Sigh, first 5 of my worlds only got to level 9 for forge bowl stupidity, then that catastrophic complete and total failure st paddys day, and now this, this game is not doing well in 2020.

1) You don't *have to* do all 3 fights at the start. I like to try them if they seem reasonable but it's not worth burning troops to fail them. If they're not reasonable, dismiss them so you might get a reasonable one the next day.
2) You should never lose them all - if the fight's not going right, surrender, don't lose the rest.
3) The starting area has *no* impediments which is a big improvement over previous settlements. For your first few choose mostly expansions that you can live with the impediment. Use your impediment removal on expansions that are in a spot that you *really* want them but the impediment is blocking off more than most (i.e. is not along an edge). Once you get a rhythm going (say after multistory houses) there is a lot of flexibility in what your city is doing. The start to get there though is either going to be slow or lots of work.

coolyfooly

Squire
Still think its a slap in the face to people who spent tons of diamond on it to test out the new settlement. i know i did, with little to no diamonds left now will take me 4 weeks to get to unlock War elephant to try it out...

Few words.
A month, Karl!
A year with a building with 8 random units and 25 guild goods of its era is nonsense and a player with an alcatraz and arch is not needed.
Year, Karl! For 8 random units per day.
It would be better if it just gave robbers.
How will Alcatraz interact with this? No way?))
Manual fights back and forth, roads for coins, etc. are insignificant compared to the triple length of a settlement for a much worse reward compared to the same Vikings.
In disgust, I will look for bugs on beta after passing one settlement, I do not plan to go on live servers due to lack of time

Yeah. Almost one year of this to get main building that does not impress. Also 5 months to get obelisk to max... In 5 months I can easily complete 25x Japanese settlement for 5x full dojo. Yes, of course, it takes more space, but I still have terrace farms here and dark doorways on my live world that can be replaced.

So yeah, not worth the effort at all.

Beware. During first day, one silly mistake (auto battle) in Egypt battle quest which MAY wipe out your troops during, you will have to wait over 24 hrs to get back enough troops to get the enough loots to keep things going.

DeletedUser8887

Beware. During first day, one silly mistake (auto battle) in Egypt battle quest which MAY wipe out your troops during, you will have to wait over 24 hrs to get back enough troops to get the enough loots to keep things going.

I did that and ended up deleting the settlement. I haven't been back.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Yeah. Almost one year of this to get main building that does not impress.
I think it will go faster than that.
It is easy to have 750 "loots" a day with few successful tough fights.
750 loots = 75 goods per day.
75 goods per day = 23 days for settlement without bonus X4.

With 5% then 7% then 9%, .... a settlement will be quickly finished in less than 3 weeks.
3 weeks x 10 = 7 months.

And personally I find it more fun than the events and even more than GB.
I like these fights with specific units, without bonus, it's more exciting than clicking 50 times on "auto battle"

Were we supposed to have some troops at the beginning of the new, improved Egyptian settlement? Even with 2 barracks now built it will take a day to fill them. I can't make goods without "loot" and the battle part says it is unavailable. I assume that's because I had zero military units.

RoCoJo

Merchant
Were we supposed to have some troops at the beginning of the new, improved Egyptian settlement? Even with 2 barracks now built it will take a day to fill them. I can't make goods without "loot" and the battle part says it is unavailable. I assume that's because I had zero military units.

Nothing has changed, still:
No troops at the start, but you can build barracks. Quest 3 however gives you 10 unattached troops and quest 3 is done in less than 5 minutes

Last edited: