• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Ancient Egypt

Nothing has changed, still:
No troops at the start, but you can build barracks. Quest 3 however gives you 10 unattached troops and quest 3 is done in less than 5 minutes
Seems kind of silly to have to build the first farm when you can't have it produce anything for a day or two while you build barracks and fill them. I ended up deleting the farm to build the 2nd barracks. Big waste of time.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Seems kind of silly to have to build the first farm when you can't have it produce anything for a day or two while you build barracks and fill them. I ended up deleting the farm to build the 2nd barracks. Big waste of time.
It is however easy to produce very quickly, without barracks. The units given by the quest are enough.

It is however easy to produce very quickly, without barracks. The units given by the quest are enough.
How? I had zero units to start. I built the houses and the farm. Still no military units and the battle space is "unavailable." After awhile, I deleted the farm and built a 2nd barracks. I now have 1 unit and 2 barracks producing more. The battle space is still unavailable.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
How? I had zero units to start. I built the houses and the farm. Still no military units and the battle space is "unavailable." After awhile, I deleted the farm and built a 2nd barracks. I now have 1 unit and 2 barracks producing more. The battle space is still unavailable.
Quest 1: "Have 4 Simple Clay Huts"
Quest 2: "Have 1 Grain Farm"
Quest 3: "Have 1 Training Camp" Reward: 5 x Kopesh Fighter and 5x Mounted Camel Archer

no need to wait for construction, we get the reward and we can remove Training Camp if necessary and fight with the 10 soldiers not attached.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So start of day 2 after the reset:
Finished the medium fight from day 1. Did day 2's easy and medium fight and got a x4. Day 2's hard is unfortunately another one I don't love the looks of. I'll make a quick/safe try at it later though.

Went with 1 of each barracks after my first expansion - i think that was a mistake. The 2nd expansion had to go to more huts (mostly - managed 1 divine statue). I need a 3rd expansion for a 2nd grain farm which i wish I had atm (should've got the 3rd exp instead of unlocking divine statue or the 2nd grain farm instead of the 3rd barracks - which i don't want to sell at this moment because I don't want to lose the coins I've invested in it). I'll just have to be patient.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
here is my colony after a little more than a day (I used a few diamonds at the start because the first was abruptly ended so I saved a little time on restarting).
daIVJbRJkf4JNveK1e6cnjwtNVDA1EKzMlKx6C2nEF4cwSIZSs8TCRFnyqbVi4ZHbc7q-jBDuN8gryRgTQssnsSJjJ1G3-4bPVClau0a4Tk6XYj2DFTiz387YWrzayKewzkYNYuLrycBNxlure6aHUHSapGB6wtkt4mbtJl74UuLkkpVPBiSUXhf3dOIVmGIQKhGHuqZDOtx-2ycVVX2kw0bs0egLUvHw9Wz0gBcKBPont1Z7ofavzYRmCFJijBMLmH_V1Eaq0UZ3aHCBLOMmxNooN05vg9YUBiO9oey7wHFsFjbM8Z3Lnjg1bYEmhO4XIfsDN0vzfyN2x5tzGvkOBU74iHTqvcVdLWx2GP9zrMAS_A7KXJiecbC6oVvydSmCGRYRh-Ukqq5en5eX20jgrBp2OHxa2tlN93MyI8JoTCMikssgb2qb5uoAYQIEkY2AVoNf8Lq0Va34TwKvnqq2djivKwiZdp9T61Uqmuhk68KZ55f-qvj97BmusppxNUqxDR_51LOYFKj6bi3J1i7j8WHHFnIBM0DR8Jv_kzBXdMHwHGzFYf2EUIoOISOnZFKAA2gfJ8m1Q8LEBKOHqVmK-ZvAxCMFw2bdJ_17tYMOgoRhm9Yq3XVdXg87kHv46FYNzAcaBefUuqwR8kfvAV8KUmIKvl3_2JAcp67XhC8KtS_MTxeSjKDEhgO9A-MgWYzgkukYRp9LHMN6MEQy--k2eqMHsNj7rpQ_DBFMuTSaXfjfb8=w892-h600-no

I paid 5 expansions (2 in front and 3 behind) 1 + 5 grains and 1 + 1 + 1 pots and removed 1 obstacle with 1free removal.
I did 2 + 3 fights, today the "difficult" was easy (1 single wave with 3 elephants + 3 chariots + 2 fighters)
I had 1 death for the 3 fights of the day.

Quest 1: "Have 4 Simple Clay Huts"
Quest 2: "Have 1 Grain Farm"
Quest 3: "Have 1 Training Camp" Reward: 5 x Kopesh Fighter and 5x Mounted Camel Archer

no need to wait for construction, we get the reward and we can remove Training Camp if necessary and fight with the 10 soldiers not attached.
Yep. I assumed I could build any barracks. Duh! Thanks for the reply.

I think it will go faster than that.
It is easy to have 750 "loots" a day with few successful tough fights.
750 loots = 75 goods per day.
75 goods per day = 23 days for settlement without bonus X4.

With 5% then 7% then 9%, .... a settlement will be quickly finished in less than 3 weeks.
3 weeks x 10 = 7 months.

And personally I find it more fun than the events and even more than GB.
I like these fights with specific units, without bonus, it's more exciting than clicking 50 times on "auto battle"

Even if it takes half a year (which is maybe possible) it is still not worth the effort. At least not for me. And specially not for an obelisk...

It took me 3 months to finish up Ygdrassil to max level... 2,5 months to finish up Shinto temple... both of these buildings are better than reward from Egyptian... so... so they should really boost Royal bathhouse (in a way they boosted Ygdrassil before) or people will not play it... not in a long term... I am sure many people will try it... people are always trying new things... but as I said... reward as it is right now is not worth the effort... and sooner or later most people will realise it...

Last edited:

DeletedUser8068

Might be easier to get the darker roads change by flooding the support department with help tickets For accidental deletions. At least they would be forced to give a response.

conqueror9

Regent
Embassey advancement 11 Procession
Embassey advancement 12 Luxary Estate

Please exchange this 2 advancement quest
we should have a building with large population <Luxary Estate> first
so that we can delete some buildings to free rooms and re-arrangement our buildings
and clear rooms for placing Oasis, Procession and pyramid

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_180 Feb. 21 09.39.jpg
    ScreenHunter_180 Feb. 21 09.39.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Migiwa

Merchant
View attachment 4980
Please, please, please. Do not make me beg. Put the roads darker (and protect them from accidental deletion). This 2 should be mandatory for you.

Whoa ! I can BARELY see the roads... I'm not actually playing Egypt since I started a round of Japan and already spent a bunch of diamonds, so I didn't get why people complained about Egyptian roads color, but this... IT HAS TO BE CHANGED !

conqueror9

Regent
I have problems in reading those color
Inno seems has preference to ignore player's request of improving the color....
it may take WHOLE LIFE of inno (not your whole life) to get Inno to adopt to give player a better view to identify somethings

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Day 3 after reset: Getting caught back up now. Got pottery unlocked and switched over to 2 of those. Will be adding more expansions today to hopefully get a 3rd goods building up and then aim for multistory houses tomorrow. Got all 3 fights done on day 2 and all 3 again on day 3. Pretty coin broke but the extra population from multistory houses is what I need to get some divine statues in.

coolyfooly

Squire
ive been thinking about the Bathhouse and think based on how long and hard the settlement is, that giving it the FP of that of Shinto being 12fp and the attack boost of Yggdrasil being 30% but instead be 30% defense for attacking army, would make it worth the effort and have more people excited about it. Sadly as it is i gonna skip this settlement if not changed as I sure many will see that doing Japan settlement over again for more dojos be better reward than this one.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Got all 3 fights done on day 2 and all 3 again on day 3.
Yesterday I also made the 3 fights, for only one death (during the "average"). (I started the difficult fight after a retirement before having dead to improve my placement during the first round.)
So I had more than 1000 "spoils" for 200 deben.
Between 2 and 7 p.m., I removed all the goods buildings to build multi-story clay-houses and produce deben.
Since then I have 4 factories.

The difficulty is to manage the deben because it is impossible to predict the expenses, (according to the result of the fights the needs vary a lot). Knowing the composition of the defensive armies will allow a better estimate of this expenditure. So I started to note these compositions.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Auto battle is something u will want to avoid in this, if u want to save on troops.
I think that's the biggest reason that the troop recruitment time is so long, they want to encourage manual fighting, something that isn't seen as much in-game as it used to be.

I think that the roads are fine, maybe slightly darker but not too bad. The text of goods in the embassy for tech unlocks should be more contrasted, though. Additionally, just some semi-random points that I think could be improved:
  • The boat for the Ancient Egyptian settlement is just named "ship." That's a bit dull imo, especially considering the creative names of the other boats for the previous settlements (Langskip and Yakatabune). For example, it could be called something like "Ship of Ra" or "Papyrus Ship."
  • While there are many cool animations for this settlement, the barracks have none. Just kind of feel like the ball was dropped there. (And yes, I know how annoying it can be to make good animations for stuff, but it would improve the vibe of the settlement.)