• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Ancient Egypt

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Where on this beta forum you found the "info" about the Bathhouse is upgraded to a better version ? I can't find it.

Daily change log mentions it. New stats can be seen in game:

12 FP, 10 units, 30 t-goods instead of 8 FP, 8 units, 25 t-goods.

It's roughly equivalent to the main reward of the other two settlements now.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Second run I started with a nubian archer barracks and a camel barracks,
The same.
I still only have these 2 barracks.
I met and beat with 4 Camels + 4 archers (in difficult fights)
3 elephants 3 trolleys 2 Camels
2 elephants 2 carts 2 Camels + 1 elephant 2 carts 1 Camels
3 archers 3 Camels + 2 Camels

I lost between 0 and 2 units

DeletedUser9734

Not sure if this was already discussed, but will the Royal Bathhouse potentially also produce military units from higher eras than the current player era? Can a CE players get AF units from it?

I believe having buildings that give random units is a great way to settle faster and better with GE, GBG and/or GvG just AFTER you reached a new Era ! On that point you've still (many) units of your previous Era, but probably none of your new reached Era !
So l think the Bathhouse is worth it for sure !! Like the Timeless Dojo also give a random unit, this one now give you 10 !

DeletedUser9734

It's pretty easy to quickly get units for a new era, just plan it so you can go through a lot of the tech tree right away and upgrade your Traz a few times. Easier than doing Egypt multiple times.

coolyfooly

Squire
I believe having buildings that give random units is a great way to settle faster and better with GE, GBG and/or GvG just AFTER you reached a new Era ! On that point you've still (many) units of your previous Era, but probably none of your new reached Era !
So l think the Bathhouse is worth it for sure !! Like the Timeless Dojo also give a random unit, this one now give you 10 !
But by time you finish it, you could have 10 timeless dojos generating 40+ fps...

DeletedUser9557

The diplomacy requirements are ridiculous. For the upgrade to the potted plants, the 2x1 palms, you need to spam 3,25 expansions with potted plants. To get the flower farm you need to spam almost 6 full expansions with the better palms. That's just crazy. We don't want people to delete roads, they said, but apparently almost everything else is ok.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It's certainly worth doing the 10 egypt runs to get the main prize (especially now that it's been buffed). 12 FP in a 4x3 is worth a premium over however many 4 FP 3x3s you could make in the same time. The former being one of the most efficient FP producing nonGBs in the game, the latter just being another event building.

After you've done the 10 though and the comparison is between winning 2 3x3 L5 dojos in the same-ish time as you can win 1 2x2 L4 obelisk that's another problem to resolve... I really hope they do address it somehow though as I'd like the reason to be there to keep running egypt.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The diplomacy requirements are ridiculous. For the upgrade to the potted plants, the 2x1 palms, you need to spam 3,25 expansions with potted plants. To get the flower farm you need to spam almost 6 full expansions with the better palms. That's just crazy. We don't want people to delete roads, they said, but apparently almost everything else is ok.

Not barracks either (all that coin used to unlock slots). The goods buildings and potentially the houses to support them could go though. You don't need to do it necessarily for every individual tech, and do need to change goods buildings from time to time anyways. You could coordinate those two occurrences.

coolyfooly

Squire
10x 3x3 builds does not take up much space, as people said this building be good for new players, but i simply saying new players could progress much faster just building dojos vs Egypt for the time it takes.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
10x 3x3 builds does not take up much space, as people said this building be good for new players, but i simply saying new players could progress much faster just building dojos vs Egypt for the time it takes.

It's not going to take 50 weeks to do egypt 10 times (10 dojos). It'll be more around 25 weeks if you're doing well at it; the potential for x4 loot which has the potential to become x4 goods cuts more time off than most on later runs. i.e. where 25% of x4 in Japan means going 75% faster, 25% in egypt means going 1.75*1.75 = 3.06 or 206% faster assuming the settlement is bound by the time to acquire loot, not the time to turn that loot into goods.

If you mean simply choosing which settlement to do first when you have the main reward for neither, I'd agree Japan first (and 2 dojos) is probably ideal. But then I'd move to either Vikings or Egypt and get the main prize from them too as it's something that'll last you.

shooter

Merchant
We need buildings with some boost. In my Guild there are people that will never be able to play this as no matter they can not fight. I can fight and the healing of a troops taking 8 hours really is excessive. With no boost for attack and no other options. 2 hours would be enough.

coolyfooly

Squire
It's not going to take 50 weeks to do egypt 10 times (10 dojos). It'll be more around 25 weeks if you're doing well at it; the potential for x4 loot which has the potential to become x4 goods cuts more time off than most on later runs. i.e. where 25% of x4 in Japan means going 75% faster, 25% in Egypt means going 1.75*1.75 = 3.06 or 206% faster assuming the settlement is bound by the time to acquire loot, not the time to turn that loot into goods.
No i mean doing Dojo would help u progress more in terms of FP progression. Meaning 3 dojos would equal that of 1 fully completed Egypt bathtub in terms of fps which is much faster, and u be just gaining more fps as u keep going for dojos there for after. Also the 50fp reward u be getting for completing it and the other fp rewards from quests. So unless bathtub gonna offer something more like defense or attack for attacking army i dont see it really worth getting other then for people who all ready have fully fleshed out cities where dojos will not cut it.

DeletedUser10101

loving the concept for the egypt settlements but i am getting my butt kicked by it. feel like i either need to repeatedly abort the first run to come even close to figuring out how to make time...or completely ignore the time factor and just run through.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
No i mean doing Dojo would help u progress more in terms of FP progression. Meaning 3 dojos would equal that of 1 fully completed Egypt bathtub in terms of fps which is much faster, and u be just gaining more fps as u keep going for dojos there for after. Also the 50fp reward u be getting for completing it and the other fp rewards from quests. So unless bathtub gonna offer something more like defense or attack for attacking army i dont see it really worth getting other then for people who all ready have fully fleshed out cities where dojos will not cut it.

Ok let's say you're finished japan's normal runs to start (because I'll agree it's the most efficient one to do first). And that you hate yourself enough to keep running it (my own personal bias, Japan is my least favorite settlement apart from rewards):

A run takes 1 week and you need 5 runs per additional dojo. We'll put aside the 50 bonus FP since the per-run rewards while they may take longer are generally a bit higher in Egypt.

If we take my number of 25 weeks to finish Egypt after which you'll have 12 FP/day from the main reward plus 4 FP/day from 2 completed obelisks. In those 25 weeks you could've completed 5 dojos (20 FP/day). But the bathtub will be a building you keep while the dojos will eventually be bubble-buildings and you've used up 5*10.5 = 52.5 squares including road for the dojos vs 13.5+2*5 = 23.5 squares including road for the main egypt reward and 2 obelisks. So 4 less FP and 29 less squares - i think I'd take that tradeoff, even as a starting player.

coolyfooly

Squire
Should only take 5 days to do japan settlement when maxed on multiplier as also applies to negotiations. But even if takes 7 days, the SoKs and dojos and 50fp u get from finishing +the other fps you gain from the quests lines would be much more rewarding. you looking at 1,250fp just from the 50fp reward at the end alone, 1500 counting the other quests. And the +fp you get from buildings like dojo and SoKs that you will have up without waiting long. Seems like a no brainer to me. I believe it be 8 SoKs total completing it 25 times. As FP being the key to progressing you gain way much more this way and be the smart thing to do till your up in GBs and such then can start do more long term goals, but by then u would not be a new player.