• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Ancient Egypt

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
There should be an alternative to battle in order to earn resources to enable good production, as not having an alternative way of generating the resources to enable production skews the game away from building and production. Also I don't think this has been the case before.
And it's very good!
Having a different function is great.
Otherwise everything looks the same, it's bad!

It's already weird to have a guild battleground on which we can win without fighting ...
Please do not do the same with Egypt.

shad2389

Viceroy
pls don't add neg to egypt setelment this is not farmville we need parts of game to be fight only
There should be an alternative to battle in order to earn resources to enable good production,
7458 deban in bank but can't start grain farm production am i missing somthing or do i need a special curancy ?

Last edited:
I still love this Ancient Egypt settlement and even more and more ! I also find this settlement very "beautiful" created buildings and decorations and nice road tiles** , so nice that I don't like it to give some of the houses NO road to get more place for other things, so I give all buildings now always a road !

By Vikings and Japan I frequently placed 4 houses of size 2 x 2 on 1 expansion without a road just to get more population and aible to build more shrines ! I don't like to do this here with Egypt ! The "no road" symbol on a building is soo ugly, I don't wish to let the beauty of Ancient Egypt flow away ! ;-)
Here with Egypt I've now already 12K Deben ! I think I going to break down 1 Water Garden and build 1 extra LU barrack soon enough ...

** but I still find those road tiles difficult to "see", a bit annoying when I need to change road pieces to another place !

Tiituska

Farmer
Maybe already mensioned, but I don't have time toe read 19 pages, is it possible to make the background darker ? Then the roads and buildings would be better to see.

Rey Uranius

Farmer
You get Loot from winning battles in the Ancient Egypt Settlement. You need loot in order to produce goods. The problem is that the player and the enemies have the same bonuses, and the player starts with 2 types of military units, while the AI can use any or all of the 5 different types. The lowest reward battle can be won, though often with loss of some units. I have found that the 2nd of the 3 possible opponents is very difficult to defeat, often leading to loss of all of my units from the battle. Then, I do not have enough Loot to produce goods. It is frustrating to see my 4 goods buildings sit idle until the next day in order to fight again (assuming that I have been able to bring my troops back up to strength). I need some kind of boost or other advantage over the enemy troops. I hope that Inno remedies the situation.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
You get Loot from winning battles in the Ancient Egypt Settlement. You need loot in order to produce goods. The problem is that the player and the enemies have the same bonuses, and the player starts with 2 types of military units, while the AI can use any or all of the 5 different types. The lowest reward battle can be won, though often with loss of some units. I have found that the 2nd of the 3 possible opponents is very difficult to defeat, often leading to loss of all of my units from the battle. Then, I do not have enough Loot to produce goods. It is frustrating to see my 4 goods buildings sit idle until the next day in order to fight again (assuming that I have been able to bring my troops back up to strength). I need some kind of boost or other advantage over the enemy troops. I hope that Inno remedies the situation.

You shouldn't be running 4 goods buildings if you can't handle the 2nd fight all the time and 3rd fight at least some of the time.

You have the advantage of the defense AI that can be exploited, and the ability to select what army you bring in against a known opponent.

My very first time I did the easy battle I lost at least half of all 8 sellected units ! The second time I only lost 1 or 2 light units and each next try I learned by "try & error" . Now I do not loose any unit on the easy one ! It's a matter of time to "learn" handle the units and learn their skill, weakness and strengths ! It makes a BIG difference when you attack an enemy unit with that kind f unit that has a "bonus" versus (vs) it ! Also try to make advantage of the battlefield's terrain /area (bushes,, forest, plain , ... )
Sometimes it's good to bring the light units first forward (together = swarm skill!) and form a wall, place the rangers behind that wall ...
Or try to block the best fields for your enemy, so they can't stay on it ! Example : an artillery unit has a big advantage staying in bushes (hides!!), so block those bushes if possible ! Heavies has a defense & attack bonus on plains ! Try to place your lights in such way that a heavy have to go on a hill or whatever to be aible to attack one of your units ...
Short :
Light units are good vs Heavy & Fast
Heavy units are good vs Fast & Ranged
Fast units are good vs Artillery & Ranged
Ranged units are good vs Artillery and Light
Artillery are good vs Light & Heavy
Example : Do NOT try to kill an Artillery unit with Light units, you gonna to make hug losses !!

Don't like that cultural settlement, too hard... product to attack to product to destroy thing to place a production to attack to destroy to product... and so on... and a farmer what he could do on that settlement ? nothing... too bad...
All is contrained by army production, 4h to create a new troop is not compatible with my irl...
I pass my turn, go to start and don't pay 10.000 diams to the bank.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I only have one problem with this settlement, I like to run it in 24 hours produktion but the 4 and 8 hours houses and the army production is a problem for me and force me to login several times a day. If I could pay or all the free army spot, it would be fine if they was done one of the time.
The houses. let them collect 3 x 4/8 hours coins before harvesting = 3x29 or 3x73. That would make it possible for me to skip some login at work, early morning and right after work and make the game less stressful and make me stop thinking of closing all my towns for good and get a RL.

Fenix

Viceroy
Personal opinion. I like it, I like it a lot.
But... I decided that I would not be bothered with the time. So, probably it will be very difficult to finish on time.

Gil54

Farmer
le strade sono troppo trasparenti, non possono essere distinte dalla sabbia.
le strade costano troppo.

DeletedUser9557

Has anyone tried out the elephants? They come so late and are melee, don't seem worth it.