• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Ancient Egypt

DeletedUser9778

I deleted some roads now, I started bleeding. I delete them to see if I get some coins back which seem quite reasonable

As someone else said, I think the road is too bright and it's easy to confuse it with the environment, at the same time you can't make it black, doesn't seem realistic

After only almost one day it's hard to understand it well and give a good feedback but I think it's quite hard in proportion with the end reward, from here the lack of motivation, as podkap1970 said above. Sure we need more time to understand but I'm pretty positive about this settlement.
I need to understand how the loot mechanics works, you don't get any bonus goods like in the Japanese but more like coins so you can start the production, I need to understand more about it.

I usually do manually in the last two levels of expedition so it's nice but in the long run I'm pretty sure I will skip some battles

aragon82

Merchant
Just finished the Hard Battle with 1 lost unit. Make sure to use bushes for archers to hide in, use them on the Heavies and Camel Archers as they out range Camels so don't take retaliation damage. Use Fighters to swarm units to keep their defensive boosts. Use Camel Archers to kill their fighters. Make sure to use the correct units for the correct enemy. i.e Camel archers hardly scratch Heavy elephants.

I had only Archer / Camel-Archer in my hard battle, no counter-unit, no bushes, no out-rangig this was a massacre^^
Maybe I still need to get used to iron-age fighting once again ;)

Luke Stark

Marquis
I have deleted the training camp but did not get my population back and could not build any other barrack in place of the old one. Had to reload the game in the browser to get the updated amount of population...I guess You can call this a BUG :]

DeletedUser9851

Ah the irony...months ago, during a Facebook Live Video Q&A, Innogames mentioned that the upcoming Egyptian Settlement would offer the ability "to remove impediments" and, yes, this new Settlement offers this welcome feature....what they DID NOT SAY however was that ALL the available Expansions would have Impediments on them!

Considering the big mess that the St Pat Event was on Beta (and I simply cannot wait to see people's reaction once it hits Live Servers lol), having this new mechanic being toned down by the absurdity of having Impediments on ALL Expansions AND the imposed feature of now having to pay for Roads without ANY Reconstruction Mode being offered really made me quite mad yesterday...and now being forced to spend additional time playing the game on a daily basis with this new controversial settlement? I do not think so Innogames!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10265

Do they actually look at the feedback and even think about our responses or is this all set in stone?
They do not, because they think they smarter than us.
Or are we just talking into the wind?
We are.

Can Dudettas, or someone else from Inno, actually give us an explanation on why they added this 'fee' to build roads?
They can, but they will not.

Are you going to give us all time to test the play-ability of all 3 Settlements with several run-throughs before releasing to live ?
Why? Do you want it to be actually tested? o_O

If you are going to insist on keeping 'paid for' roads in all settlements, what about giving roads the same amount of diplomacy as the 1x1 diplomacy buildings to alleviate to some degree the issues with reorganising to make room for diplomacy.
Wait... What? Do you want to get something in return?

Is that so hard to guess? Answer has already been given. It's cause players deleted roads, got fast diplomacy, deleted that again and put the roads back.
And what was wrong about it? We were always short of diplo in vikings, this trick was the only option to save some time and have a small chance to finish the settlement under the primary time limit.

If that was the case, they would have done that some time ago.
Are you sure? The community has pointed out that vikings allowed easy 25 FPs every 30 hours (or so) early, many players were abusing it and IG changed it 5 months after releasing vikings... Just to piss off those who actually played the vikings and wanted to earn some easy FPs after finishing the 15th settlement, favoring those who were earning easy 25 FPs for months and then decided to actually play the vikings (or not).

Delete the huts instead. You only need 2 of them to cover your 1 soy field's population. The rest are just there for making you coin - and you likely just collected them when you're doing an unlock.
Um... no? I used to start with 2 soy fields if possible. And I used to collect the kobans 4 h after starting it, collecting goods 1 h later cause I needed that hour to build those soy fields. So, you are telling me to demolish huts which produce kobans to avoid spending more kobans on rebuilding roads... No matter what I do, I lose kobans!
But japanese settlement is probably still easy enough to do it even with paid roads.
It's much worse in the vikings settlement. I used to start with 2 axe smiths, had enough coppers to start 2x 8-hour production (or 4x 4-hour production), then I could collect coppers from huts and do 2x 4-hour production before actually demolishing one axe smith. Now it will be impossible, as the starting setup required 6 road tiles, that will cost 1200 coppers now, I won't have enough to start 2x 8-hour production (e.g. overnight). Vikings were too hard already, now they made the start even harder.

The idea is likely to discourage people from the irritating loop of deleting roads, building toros, unlocking, deleting toros, rebuilding roads.
well, it was kinda weird I admit, but well... They screwed it at first place. If we could get enough diplo from other buildings, we wouldn't need to do that. In fact, we didn't want to do that, we were forced because we lacked diplo, and doing this was the only option for easy unlocks in the vikings setllement.

Then delete an axesmith and rebuild it if you still can support 2 axe smiths and shrines at the time. When I did 2 axesmith starts though i usually had to take the 2nd one down for a little bit anyways because I was running out of coins without shrines.
Rebuilding axe smith takes 1 hour! The idea was to unlock shrines ASAP, you needed to start with 2 axe smiths to do that. You could unlock the shrines and still have the 2 smiths running, if you were collecting coppers from huts. It's impossible now, as I explained it earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:

LastWarrior

Regent
Ok a few points here for fixing.
1. We need at least a few expansion sectors without impediments on them.
2. The roads need darkening as we can hardly see them.
3. They are a bit costly.
4. We need a few more pickaxes availeable other than diamond ones.
5. The time to produce units is a little to long.

Go.

podkap1970

Emperor
Ah the irony...months ago, during a Facebook Live Video Q&A, Innogames mentioned that the upcoming Egyptian Settlement would offer the ability "to remove impediments" and, yes, this new Settlement offers this welcome feature....what they DID NOT SAY was that ALL the available Expansions would have Impediments on them!
the best is, everytime you get goods from a new goods building you do buy 2 expansions, for 1 and 5 goods
since every expansion have an impediments now, you have to live with that or remove it
to remove you need a pickaxe, but via quest you get only 1 (at the beginning), so for 2nd expansion you keep your impediment, or you buy pickaxes with diamonds

DeletedUser9778

Somone reached the second pickaxe? or keep count of the missions and rewards

coolyfooly

Squire
Yes having Impediments on all Expansion is ridiculous and hard to build anything as all impediments take up 2 squares unless u gonna spend diamonds...
I would suggest giving us a free pickaxe every 2nd quest completed 11 total. which seems fair being we have the ability to open 20 expansions.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Total Goods needs:
Tech​
Total Good Count​
Divine Statue​
14​
Pottery​
30​
Chariot/Multistory​
50​
Palms​
70​
Water Garden​
85​
Flower Farm​
100​
Decorated Palms​
120​
Residential Block​
140​
Elephant Stable​
155​
Place of Prayer​
170​
Procession​
190​
Estate/Oasis​
205​
Pyramid​
220​
Final Quest​
120​
Total​
1669​

Taking 50 loot to make 5 goods, that means we need about 16700 loot for tech. It seems about 1000 loot a day is the potential, so about 17 days to get all the loot you need if you're doing all 3 fights. Adding in some goods for expansions, call it 20 days of fights. That 1000 loot a day supports ~3.3 goods buildings on annoying cycles - so ~5 goods buildings to use up what you saved early from having 3 or less is probably the top end of what's useful.

In the dream-land where this settlement actually can be run (mostly) on 24 hr cycles (since coins aren't necessarily a limiting factor and loot is on 24 hour cycle anyways): ~5 goods buildings a day can be supported so ~7 goods buildings when fully expanded is probably the top end of what you want to use up your stockpile. 2 additional goods buildings takes about 3 additional expansions for them and the population to support them. Might add another day or two of loot to add those expansions depending on what the curve looks like once you have many. Main concern with 24 hour cycles would be training troops - if fighting well is effective enough though perhaps that can be minimized.

DeletedUser9608

I have deleted the training camp but did not get my population back and could not build any other barrack in place of the old one. Had to reload the game in the browser to get the updated amount of population...I guess You can call this a BUG :]

Same. Please fix this bug.

DeletedUser9761

From what I see with the final reward it would benefit younger cities that don't have an Alcatraz. I would rather have the smaller final buildings as it is more difficult to get the Attacking defense higher. After a few days of getting the correct process needed to complete the settlement and seeing the final rewards I will be passing on this settlement. To stay with it the final reward would have to be something I don't already have enough of. If the final smaller building was the final large reward with a larger Defense Attacking boost than I would consider continuing.

RoCoJo

Merchant
Ah the irony...months ago, during a Facebook Live Video Q&A, Innogames mentioned that the upcoming Egyptian Settlement would offer the ability "to remove impediments" and, yes, this new Settlement offers this welcome feature....what they DID NOT SAY however was that ALL the available Expansions would have Impediments on them!

IF (the number of occurrences of impediments in normally used expansions in Viking/Japan) is equal to (the number of occurrences of impediments in Egypte minus the 5 free removal tools) then this would mean an improvement as you now have the choice where to remove them, where in Vikings/Japan you had to live with them.

MasterofDeath

Merchant
So far, as I am stuck in the Vikings, I can not give any feed back to the Egypt stuff.... neither to the changes on Japan...
I am in the middle of a Viking settlement too. Luckily I already a good chunk of land but it has got much more difficult the roads. How do rearrange from a 2x2 house to 3x3 world without having to sell roads to fit in the new buildings? Japan is even worse with different size building. Too bad I'm new on this server and this is only 2nd Viking settlement.
My one take way is to finish up as many settlements in my other worlds as fast as possible but even there I'm not close to getting finished leveling up Ygg or shinto temple. The Viking one is hard enough but Ygg reward and upgrades make it worth it? Can you even build start a town if you need to pay for the roads?

Last edited:

DeletedUser10265

IF (the number of occurrences of impediments in normally used expansions in Viking/Japan) is equal to (the number of occurrences of impediments in Egypte minus the 5 free removal tools) then this would mean an improvement as you now have the choice where to remove them, where in Vikings/Japan you had to live with them.
I can see your point, but... I had one run of vikings, when I had no single impediment in a 3x4 area (this happened before they changed the last quest and this area was enough to complete the settlement). I had also a few runs with 1-2 impediments. So it seems that we rather trade the randomness for the ability to remove a few impediments, but we cannot do this at the beginning, it's done over the entire run. So, the later we remove an impediment, the less we benefit from it. Not sure if that's an improvment.