• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Ancient Egypt

Hilary Briss

Merchant
Is that so hard to guess? Answer has already been given. It's cause players deleted roads, got fast diplomacy, deleted that again and put the roads back.
If that was the case, they would have done that some time ago. My guesses are that it either uses the same code and they didn't want to bother to separate them, or that they wanted to make all settlements similar like with the number of Greater Runestone fragments and again gave no thought to the consequences.

DeletedUser10039

Just finished the Hard Battle with 1 lost unit. Make sure to use bushes for archers to hide in, use them on the Heavies and Camel Archers as they out range Camels so don't take retaliation damage. Use Fighters to swarm units to keep their defensive boosts. Use Camel Archers to kill their fighters. Make sure to use the correct units for the correct enemy. i.e Camel archers hardly scratch Heavy elephants.

DeletedUser7503

divine statue needed for early quest and doesn't exist in the build menu

podkap1970

Emperor
Just finished the Hard Battle with 1 lost unit. Make sure to use bushes for archers to hide in, use them on the Heavies and Camel Archers as they out range Camels so don't take retaliation damage. Use Fighters to swarm units to keep their defensive boosts. Use Camel Archers to kill their fighters. Make sure to use the correct units for the correct enemy. i.e Camel archers hardly scratch Heavy elephants.
i have no heavy enemy units in my hard battle
1st wave: 5 fast and 2 range
2nd wave: 2 fast and 1 artillery

DeletedUser7246

I've built Yggdrasil lvl9 on Beta just some weeks ago, so I remember, how hard it was to finish Viking settlements even without cost of roads. More of that - I was not able to finish it in time last 5 or 6 rounds, so no extra rewards for last months. Every viking settlement was long enough and boring even with free roads. And yes, it is necessary to rebuild settlement almost every day. And every round of my last 5-6 I needed copper coins very much, there always, always was a lack of them until the last 2 quests in line. What it will be when roads will costs such a great amount of copper coins? 2 months to finish Viking settlement? Is it supposed to be a game or a torture?

As for Japanesse settlement - it's more easy compared to Vikings'. Playing it gives me fun - and that's what any game supposed to be. What it will be with roads' cost - I don't know. Maybe it would still be manageable.

1BFA

Viceroy
I've built Yggdrasil lvl9 on Beta just some weeks ago, so I remember, how hard it was to finish Viking settlements even without cost of roads. More of that - I was not able to finish it in time last 5 or 6 rounds, so no extra rewards for last months. Every viking settlement was long enough and boring even with free roads. And yes, it is necessary to rebuild settlement almost every day. And every round of my last 5-6 I needed copper coins very much, there always, always was a lack of them until the last 2 quests in line. What it will be when roads will costs such a great amount of copper coins? 2 months to finish Viking settlement? Is it supposed to be a game or a torture?

As for Japanesse settlement - it's more easy compared to Vikings'. Playing it gives me fun - and that's what any game supposed to be. What it will be with roads' cost - I don't know. Maybe it would still be manageable.

How will someone get 55 diplomacy to unlock Shrine without deleting roads? LOL

Dessire

Regent
well, 28 days to get 15 fragments, that could mean will need about 5 or 6 months to complete this new settlement 10 times? . that is a lot. and if you include the fact that you need to produce coins every 1 hour for 16 hours and 1 time 8 hours in both, viking and japanese settlements in order to have all fragments each time, the effort we must put to do something similar in this new cultural settlement doesn't worth the 3 buildings we can get (1 building that give us 8 FP and 8 military units if motivated and 2 that give us 2 fp per day and 6% defense for our attacking units).

I would prefer do 2 big events at the same time like the last halloween event (including books quests) and summer event (watching all the time the roulette to get the best prices ) instead of this new cultural settlement. 2 events at same times would give us better rewards in 1 month. I say a big no to this new cultural settlement. of course il do it because the 8 FP per 12 squares worths the space ( 8 FP = 8 SoK = 32 squares vs 12, you get 20 free squares) but that doesn't mean that this cultural settlement is OK! no , it's not OK!.

DeletedUser7889

Khopesh Fighters with its swarm effect and movement of 8 spaces seem to be like the Gliders of Ocean Future Era, but without the movement of 30 spaces. Why not give them a greater movement? It would make better sense to get the full effect of the swarm.