• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Ancient Egypt

DeletedUser9851

Question: do military boosts on main city (like Zeus, CoA, TA, special buildings, etc...) affect our Egyptian units?

Regarding the cost of roads: I already finished vikings and japan settlements in my main world... but I feel sorry for those that haven't done them yet. This change is really abusive. At minimum you should enable reconstruction mode on settlements too.
Nope; Military Boosts from main city will not carry over the Egyptian Settlement :(

RoCoJo

Merchant
When reconstruction mode doesnot come, the mobile players have an even bigger disadvantage in comparison to browser players :

In the browser-version you can "swap" buildings with each other. By doing this you can rearrange your settlement with only a little extra free space. In the mobile version this is not the case and therefor you MUST delete things to create space for re-arranging. As roads now cost Deben, one doesn't delete roads for this purpose anymore.

Balinor

Steward
Dudettas
The fact that military bonus doesnt carry over into settlement was left out of announcement
Could that be added please

edit:
Thanks for adding it:)

Last edited:

RoCoJo

Merchant
Just for completeness: The Deben are not needed to produce cultural goods anymore. By this you will spare a lot of Deben.

The Deben are now used for the roads and the making of militairy units (miltairy units will provide loot in the Pyramid, which loot is used for production of cultural goods).
Only time will tell if the production of Deben in the houses/embassy/etc will be balanced against the cost of roads and millitairy. I guess if you are not a fighter, you may have a problem.

i remember when i still played cultural settlements (became to much hassle actually) that i used to delete roads and build fast diplomacy buildings to continue. (and then just rebuild the road)

that will now no longer be possible due to prohibitive road cost. :mad:

--> they completely retro-changed a complete aspect of the playstyle there ...
quite "amusing" (not) :mad:

A lot of people seem to have a problem with the cost of the roads. My problem is more basic.
Help her establish an city on the banks of the Nile and defend it from her enemies

It should be, Help her establish a city on the banks of the Nile and defend it from her enemies

Thank you Inno for fixing this mistake. Happy to know you read these! :)

Last edited:

Hilary Briss

Merchant
Egypt has a completely different game cost model to Vikings and Japan. Charging for roads may work in Egypt as the coins aren't used for production, but what is the reasoning for charging for them in the earlier Settlements ? Is it just code reuse, which while laudable, is not really appropriate for such a significant change to an already released feature, even with a nominal daily increase in coins ?

Are you going to give us all time to test the play-ability of all 3 Settlements with several run-throughs before releasing to live ?

If you are going to insist on keeping 'paid for' roads in all settlements, what about giving roads the same amount of diplomacy as the 1x1 diplomacy buildings to alleviate to some degree the issues with reorganising to make room for diplomacy.

regarding the cost of roads (in Egyptian settlement - in the others it's crappy betrayal :mad: ) - maybe we could wait a day or two to see how it pans out. After all, we _only_ need deben for military and roads and the cost of a road is the same as for a single recruitement. So 8000 looks like a good start

What bothers me more is the fighting - not that I'm unused to fighting, but the losses are hefty (without the bonus from the main city), spent quite some dias to heal and don't seem to be able to gain all three daily battles.

On the bright side: the loot can get the 4* boost.

I must be missing something - how do you "swap" buildings?

In a browser you can take one building and put it in a place where another building already is. And that another building will be "picked up" and you can place it somewhere else... but in mobile app this is not possible. If you want to move building, you must have empty space... Sorry, english is my 2nd language and I am not sure if I explained it so people can understand.

Hilary Briss

Merchant
Imho adding a cost to the roads of the Egyptian CS is fine. This may work with Egypt, it may even pan out to be beneficial (though that may be unlikely). Adding these costs retroactively to previous settlements is plain underhandedness though.
As was changing the amount of Greater Runestone fragments required when Japan came out and not being able to work out how many settlements were completed within the timescale to give the correct amount in compensation ...... Nothing much changes.

Sl8yer

Regent
Can Dudettas, or someone else from Inno, actually give us an explanation on why they added this 'fee' to build roads?

Is that so hard to guess? Answer has already been given. It's cause players deleted roads, got fast diplomacy, deleted that again and put the roads back.