• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Ancient Egypt

DeletedUser10244

The start of the settlement is nice, you get the battle option without producing any goods. I like that.
I did the easy battle without losses, but had losses on second.
Probably you have to build every type of barracks to bring the best mix of troops for every encounter. And you have to unlock more troop slots as well.
Thats means you cant delete barracks and roads, interesting.

Road costs for Vikings and Japan is not so nice, thats a huge nerf. Bad as everony else said.

Feanor II

Baronet
They already had that cost... they just added cultural goods on top of that...
No they didn't
1581977812341.png

On another note, I got to the Divine Statue part and to my utter shock, dismay, and horror found this:
1581977015631.png

Seriously, an 8 hour production in a building devoted to coin production gives enough coins for one road tile?!?! Is this a joke?! That doesn't even take into account the coins necessary to train the troops for the mandatory fighting. This Settlement is so badly unbalanced I don't have any real comment for it. I'm lost for words.

Please consider eliminating the utterly preposterous cost of not only paying settlement currency but paying an absurd amount of settlement currency for road tiles. THIS. IS. RIDICULOUS.

Last edited:

coolyfooly

Squire
View attachment 4935

Seriously, an 8 hour production in a building devoted to coin production gives enough coins for one road tile?!?! Is this a joke?! That doesn't even take into account the coins necessary to train the troops for the mandatory fighting. This Settlement is so badly unbalanced I don't have any real comment for it. I'm lost for words.

Please consider eliminating the utterly preposterous cost of not only paying settlement currency but paying an absurd amount of settlement currency for road tiles. THIS. IS. RIDICULOUS.
Keep in mind though that we wont be spending coins on goods production just units/roads. So with that said its not as bad as it looks. The start will be slow when paying 700 to unlock unit slots, but after that it wont be as bad.... I just assuming in theory will have to keep playing and see. But I do still think roads are a bit too expensive either decrease the cost of roads or increase the coins we will get from town hall.

Feanor II

Baronet
Oh, you are right. Thx for correction.
If they were charging coins/supplies that would be fair. Unless I'm missing something, everything that's built in settlements costs coins/supplies. Except roads. For some reason roads cost a king's ransom of settlement currency. This makes no sense. My Egyptian laborers can build residential, goods, diplomacy, and military buildings for coins/supplies, but roads they can't. Apparently buildings can be handled from the stockpile, but dirt is beyond our technology to deal with easily:rolleyes:.

Last edited:
I've removed and edited some posts for Developer/ Inno bashing. I will, of course, be passing on your Feedback but abuse towards the Development Team is not acceptable, nor constructive and will be removed.
Well, _bashing_ is perceived as such namely by the ... subject feeling bashed, isnt it ;) didn't see any, just critizisme of a perceived (by the other end, us players) really bad job done by inno/game designers ..

Sl8yer

Regent
I've removed and edited some posts for Developer/ Inno bashing. I will, of course, be passing on your Feedback but abuse towards the Development Team is not acceptable, nor constructive and will be removed.

It never is, but in defence of it, it is really hard to get through to them and they are going downhill. To most of us, they are killing the game we love, so tell us how are we supposed to stop them?

Just look at the enormous feedback you are getting recently. Does that not ring a bell?

Feanor II

Baronet
It never is, but in defence of it, it is really hard to get through to them and they are going downhill. To most of us, they are killing the game we love, so tell us how are we supposed to stop them?

Just look at the enormous feedback you are getting recently. Does that not ring a bell?
I agree with you 100%. I think it's very important to note that most of us are here because we greatly enjoy FoE. No one's criticizing Innogames just to be nasty. People are genuinely concerned that the developers are so out of touch with the players and the actual gameplay that it's hurting the game experience overall. We're all on the same team here-we all want FoE to be a positive, enjoyable experience for all involved.

I agree with you 100%. I think it's very important to note that most of us are here because we greatly enjoy FoE. No one's criticizing Innogames just to be nasty. People are genuinely concerned that the developers are so out of touch with the players and the actual gameplay that it's hurting the game experience overall. We're all on the same team here-we all want FoE to be a positive, enjoyable experience for all involved.
Exactly!!!! But maybe this is a first sign that FoE is a dead thing.... as one can already find platform change roumors and stuff like this in the www

DeletedUser9683

Egypt has a completely different game cost model to Vikings and Japan. Charging for roads may work in Egypt as the coins aren't used for production, but what is the reasoning for charging for them in the earlier Settlements ? ....

adding my voice to what was said above and pointed out by many already in this thread. Vikings are already badly balanced. Yes they can be completed in the best time for all the settlements, i did it in my main world, but it's extremely time consuming, and no i haven't finished it in all other worlds as i found running vikings on more than one city after a while was taking over my life. one has to earn a living after all. Japan on the other hand was better, it was actually fun and could be without losing sleep or major stressing completed. It was the addition of something extra to the game that with some extra work but without being overwhelmed will get you a nice bonus prize.

but lets not forget that the whole idea of the settlement arrangement, limited expansions one can afford and the random obstacles in it are about the creativity of working around them and having a different settlement solution each time. but this also means constant shifting of buildings, replacing 2x2 by 3x3 or larger, and a continuous way of figuring out how to shoehorn one more building in the space. the roads are the first casually of this rearrangement, specially with no reconstruction mode and as other buildings might be mid production cycle at the time and take hours to rebuild. and lets not forget that time is one of the critical factors here. and im a pc player 95% of the time. lol, did try to rearrange something once in my settlements in the app on the fly and realized the craziness of what i would have to demolish and gave up till i got to the pc.

All this to say that while the road cost in Egyptians might make sense, we'll see, the addition of road cost to earlier settlements makes Vikings, where you are always short on copper just plain unfeasible, and puts Japan probably a step below present Vikings in possible and fun to do. And lets face it most players consider the Vikings just a grind to get through since the attack bonus on the Yggdrasil is sweet and the 8fp on a 3x3 doesn't hurt either.

I started Egyptians in beta, cant say how the balance of coin and loot will work out with no diamonds spent to revive lost troops, specially in the beginning as we are getting used to the troop capabilities, and how much delay there will be between making and having sufficient troops to fight for the loot and the production buildings on standby waiting. but the one thing i can say is that there is a wast difference between a few impediments in the previous cities and the challenge of building around them or finding a way to make the city using clear tiles and the present layout with an impediment on every tile. add to that the town hall is a whooping 6x8 so any movement of it without clearing at least 2 if not 4 impediments is impossible, not to mention all the extra road needed to go around them and the wasted space, and the buildings are big, multiple 3x4 & 3x5, 4x6 and a 6x6, without clearing obstacles most of these cant fit since there is at least 2 squares of obstacles in each expansion. for this kind of obstacles a pickax on quest 6 is a joke and a drop in the ocean. the need for multiple military building will probably increase the needed size of the settlement, but even only based on the Viking and Japan expansion at low/lowest cost that is about 7-8 expansions. in those previous settlements you could figure out in most cases a way to have most of those expansions impediment clear. somehow i doubt we will get 8-10 pickaxes in 23 quests if the first one came at quest 6. this then means either more goods spent on expansions, to compensate for lost space, more roads to go around those obstructions, using more coin and taking significantly more time or using a bunch of diamonds to clear the obstructions. Neither option sounds like fun :(

in conclusion, while i was really looking forward to the new settlement and trying it out and hope that the Egyptians as we move forward are not as tedious/costly as some of the aspects might look at the moment, my first reaction is to forget the Egyptians for a while, and the time it will take to test them and spend the time finishing up any unfinished vikings and japan in secondary cities before the road cost is implemented on live servers, because i don't think it can be done with the road cost and i do want that Dojo. :) and there is only so much time in the day.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
This settlement is very different from the other 2 settlement. That do not mean it is worse or more painful, but people have to think a little different to get startet.
I did place a kulture goods building first only to find out, it was useless until I had done my first battle and got some loot.
I really love it is possible to get rid of a an impediment but feel there are way to many of them.
I did fail to success the second battle and lost my army so now I am waiting for more unit so I can get more loot, when I hopeful get an easy fight, when a new day start.
I'm still possitive and with more days to finish, it may not be so bad.
About the Vikings, I believe that settlement need a few days more as it is to hard unless people do not have a RL or can afford lots of diamonds.

I like the rewards for this settlement, with the battlezone, we will need alot of units and the guild treasure will need lots of goods so that's cool.

About time used for the game, I have to agree, FoE takes more and more time and that is very bad as people need to have a RL too. I had seen many stop the hard way, with deleting all there towns because there are to little time for family and other RL stuff, that is sad.
Try to find a balance, so it is possitive for people make FoE og RL go together. I believe there are some old time eating task there can be automatet, like aid and visite Inns, maybe for a price of 5-10 diamonds.
We have got settlements, Battlezone, the Auctionshouse, Insidents that all take time together with the old one GE, GVG, town building, Aid, Friends Inns and Guild community actions.

The ones who do have the whole day to play and no RL is not the ones who can afford to pay a little diamonds to play the game. The ones with RL's work are the ones who can afford to buy diamonds so be careful as that is the ones who have to choose RL and drop FoA

Amdira

Baronet
My first impression was a very good one, but soon it turned into frustration and I'm not sure whether I want to do this settlement at all. 27 days several times seem to be a lot of time spending for a reward which isn't of much interest for me. As a commited auto-fighter I don't like the fact, that it isn't even possible to do the easy fight without loosing units. I won't start learning how to fight manually only for this settlement, sry. I guess I'm not the only one who doesn't like and use the manual fight system at all. Therefore first changes i suggest at this point are those:

- make at least the easy fight possible for auto-fight without loosing units or
- give negotiation as alternative
- at least make roads for sale instead of destroying without payback (anyway the button says sale and not destroy with an $ icon :) ) and give back half of coins

Emm55

Merchant
Just finished the Hard Battle with 1 lost unit. Make sure to use bushes for archers to hide in, use them on the Heavies and Camel Archers as they out range Camels so don't take retaliation damage. Use Fighters to swarm units to keep their defensive boosts. Use Camel Archers to kill their fighters. Make sure to use the correct units for the correct enemy. i.e Camel archers hardly scratch Heavy elephants.
Thanks for the advice. Was looking for this info.

DeletedUser8262

first impression of this was pretty favourable but then on looking at the time involved i've decided to pass, my decision was probably made easier by the release being on top of the St Patrick nightmare... honestly i've had relationships that demanded less commitment than the game