• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Changelog 1.20

DeletedUser

This would give everybody a maximum attack bonus of 100%, and additionally it would have the desired effect of weakening the 150% attack bonus, which makes units insanely difficult to kill. The advantage to my method is that it doesn't totally screw over the players who have low level GBs - instead, it's just a minor reduction.

I gave Aachen lower numbers because it's getting a 50% increase to its daily coin collect, while Zeus and Del Monte are getting no buff whatsoever to compensate for this nerf.

LOL so it's better to "reduce" the nerf for low-level GBs but nerf high-level GBs even more? :confused: No, I liked the way they did it. The purpose was not to change the ratio of rewards per level, but to just scale it down. If you feel sad for loosing 10%, why would it be "better" for a player with 100% to drop down to 60%? Also, it feels very strange to actually -reduce- the increment-ratio the higher up you come, considering it costs waaay more FP on higher levels.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

AND:
if the increase is not equal on every level then you get gain most from the increase from level 9 to 10

so if the bonus increase is not fix on every level:
you start low and will get more on higher level

why changing that for attack bonus :confused:

HuscarlTW

Squire
nerf high-level GBs even more?

My proposal doesn't nerf high-level GBs even more. It results in a higher level 10 attack bonus than the current level 10 attack bonus.

AND:
if the increase is not equal on every level then you get gain most from the increase from level 9 to 10

so if the bonus increase is not fix on every level:
you start low and will get more on higher level

why changing that for attack bonus :confused:

I considered that. However, upon closer examination, this is not true for all GBs. For example, if you look at St. Marks, level 1->2 adds 20% coin bonus and 2 additional goods. Level 9->10 adds 15% coin bonus and 1 additional good.

DeletedUser1264

Please do not get me wrong.

But will with the new update support will finaly look into banning bots/scripsts beeing used by "so called support on different servers?". Or us a a ordinary (paying) players will be still under "opresions" from so called "helping admins?".

What do you mean, please?

DeletedUser4607

My strong opinion after looking at the gameplay after the changes:

The rebalancing is overbalanced. Reduction to +3% per level of GB is too much, I believe that a reduction to +4% per level would be much more adequate to not weaken GB to a point where it doesnt make any more sense to put your FP into them.

Alternatively, Inno - please consider to reduce the FP cost for GB levels that are affected by this downscaling. E.g. Zeus used to be relatively affordable, but now, what is the sense in building it up to Level 10??? Just to pricy for a lousy +3% increase.

One more important consideration: GvG Defensive Pool is too strong after the rebalancing (+75% for HQ, +50% for other sectors). This is completely killing GvG for me, maybe I can participate again in about 5-6 months when I have my off bonus up to +50% again :(

DeletedUser

I think they did this change to reduce the number of sectors a guild can have with maximun defense in GvG (75% and 50%). Reducing the bonus of the GEs will reduce the support pool.

But they didnt realize that if you reduce the attack bonus you should reduce the maximun defense of sectors in GvG. Now it is almost imposible to attack a sector with low levels of GEs. But if they do this then the change has no effect.

In my opinion they should modify the maximun defense of sectors in GvG (50%, 30% for example) and modify the factor which the support pool is calculated.

Sorry for my english, it is not my native language.

Regards

DeletedUser

The rebalancing is overbalanced. Reduction to +3% per level of GB is too much, I believe that a reduction to +4% per level would be much more adequate to not weaken GB to a point where it doesnt make any more sense to put your FP into them.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't agree :) Sure, I also miss the +150%, but the reason that +3% per level feels so low is just because we have become so used to the "ordinary" +5%. If they would have started with +3% from the beginning, we would still think that it was very good to have +90% in offensive boost :) After all, most of the campaign map features sectors with 0-20% boosted units, and then it still feels pretty nice to have those +90%, doesn't it? :)

One more important consideration: GvG Defensive Pool is too strong after the rebalancing (+75% for HQ, +50% for other sectors). This is completely killing GvG for me, maybe I can participate again in about 5-6 months when I have my off bonus up to +50% again :(

I think this is good, actually. Think of it this way: If we all were to have 150% offensive boost, and each sector would have a defense of just 50%, then guild wars would be played in a very fast phase. I mean, at night your guild has 8 sectors, and in the morning you suddenly just have 5. That is not fun at all. After this rebalance, GvG will instead have a more lower phase and much more strategy. Taking a sector might take some days of battling and defending it will be much easier. Sure, harder to take sectors, but also much easier to defend the ones that you've taken. That is a good thing, atleast in my opinion :)

I think they did this change to reduce the number of sectors a guild can have with maximun defense in GvG (75% and 50%). Reducing the bonus of the GEs will reduce the support pool.

I think that this is some kind of misunderstanding... :) A guild can still take sectors when they have used their entire support pool, the only difference is that when there's no more bonus in the defense pool, new sectors will get +0% in defensive boost. This leads to the next quote:

But they didnt realize that if you reduce the attack bonus you should reduce the maximun defense of sectors in GvG. Now it is almost imposible to attack a sector with low levels of GEs. But if they do this then the change has no effect.

No, it's not impossible :) The values of defensive GBs has been nerfed, resulting in less defensive boost for the support pool, wich leads to that the support pool will be smaller and fewer sectors will recieve a defensive boost. This will make it easier to take sectors from a guild that has many sectors. Ofcouse, it will be really hard to take the HQ, but that is not the only way around, is it? :)

DeletedUser

Falcon.

What i mean is that for starting players or new guilds you have to wait a lot of time, leveling up the attack bonus GEs, just to start fighting in GvG.
In the maps of first Ages all the sectors are occupied. And there are very few of them with no defense today, because of the change. In two days all the sectors will have 50% defense.

This will not motivate new people to get involved in this game.

DeletedUser4607

Taking a sector might take some days of battling and defending it will be much easier. Sure, harder to take sectors, but also much easier to defend the ones that you've taken. That is a good thing, atleast in my opinion :)

I think this is not a good thing at all. Yes, it has to be balanced. Yes, it can't be too easy to take a sector. But no, it shouldn't be hard either. If the bar is set too high, it will discourage people from fighting at all, and then this will defeat the entire purpose of GvG (unless you believe the purpose of GvG is too conquer some sectors from NPC, then cling on to it until the end of your life without much effort).
If taking a sector takes some days, you can completely forget about it. The attacker will incur much more losses than the defender, and so it will be a piece of cake for the defender to replace his armies and watch his foes perish until they get discouraged and withdraw. If that is your idea of GvG, then have fun with it ^^

DeletedUser4628

I think this is not a good thing at all. Yes, it has to be balanced. Yes, it can't be too easy to take a sector. But no, it shouldn't be hard either. If the bar is set too high, it will discourage people from fighting at all, and then this will defeat the entire purpose of GvG (unless you believe the purpose of GvG is too conquer some sectors from NPC, the cling on to it until the end of your life without much effort).
If taking a sector takes some days, you can completely forget about. The attacker will incur much more losses than the defender, and so it will be a piece of cake for the defender to replace his armies and watch his foes perish until they get discouraged and withdraw. If that is your idea of GvG, then have fun with it ^^
I'm only talking about GvG :
@ Falcon you are always talking of best case : 150% is easy going against 50% defense. And that every player in a guild is up for the endgame. I don't agree. Losing 8 sectors over night, you tested it, it's just a rough estimation?? I don't agree, you can't know that.
As Stilz said, GvG is atm a dead thing or with other words in a slow motion mode only some privileged players with enough military boost can test 90% vs 50% or even 75%. Most players don't like GvG at all, I suppose at most 10% on normal servers play GvG primarily and maybe additional 50% will try it like a new campaign map, at least on german servers. You have to distinguish betwenn this boring tower battles and GvG.
And last but not least I must give point to the words of Stilz, there will always be a fluctuation of quitting players and beginning players and new players will have to wait a long time until they could join GvG. Finally GvG will be unalluring for a lot of players with max 90% in attack vs 50% defense and a headquarter with 75% is nearly immortal!

In my opinion there are 2 possibilities , reduce in GVG the military boost in defense or increase military boost in attack!

Just my 2 Cents

DeletedUser

@ Falcon--"The values of defensive GBs has been nerfed, resulting in less defensive boost for the support pool, wich leads to that the support pool will be smaller and fewer sectors will recieve a defensive boost. This will make it easier to take sectors from a guild that has many sectors. Ofcouse, it will be really hard to take the HQ, but that is not the only way around, is it?"

Have you looked at GvG map? Top 2 guilds in every map I looked at still have 50% on every sector. Don't you think this will be even worse in normal servers where people are WAY more active? This really just makes it way harder for smaller guilds that don't have as many defensive GBs (especially considering how much the attack GBs were nerfed)

They have been strongly boosted PvP-wise, but I assume you only meant nerfed regarding support pool.

DeletedUser1418

75% of the defence pool that is? or 75 defence points?. How is it being calculated is still a mystery.
Let pressume 75% defence points it would be possible to defeat a level 0 guild with all players having their Def. GB's at level 10. The buildings add up to 4800 points aka def. pool, 75% of it is 3600. Your army at 150%, lets presume you use 8 tanks (Original properties Att 30, Def 60), you have all attack GB's at 100% which means 90 A / 180 D

You need to take down 3600 points to win 1 battle. Thats do-able, although very hard. But... I Have no idea how the calculation boils down to the units being installed.

For that I need a better description how defense is calculated in GvG, which will clear many issues we are discussing here.

DeletedUser4314

This is a good change..... impossible to play GvG.... impossible to conquer a sector!!

I have a 42% attack bonus (zeus + aachen)
how do you beat an area that has a 50% defensive bonus?
I always lose my units! How many military buildings should I have? 20?
and for what? one territory? I have to make a mess of battles to win 4/5
and when I conquer a sector with 8 slots defensive complete?
and do not talk of the goods....

conqueror9

Regent
I think that this is some kind of misunderstanding :eek: I also heard this on the .EN-forum, but I think that they have misunderstood it. What I think that they mean is that the attacking boost is not determined by the guilds support pool, but instead the individual player. However, the defensive army is using the guild support pool, hence the players individual boost doesn't matter :)

What however really scares me is when I heard (on the .EN-forums) that guild wars is about to get released soon? :eek:!!! Is this true Inno? If so, please don't do that, guild wars is far from finished and releasing a 20% finished feature will just make people angry :(

Falcon93

according the release note of 1.20

GvG will live in game worlds....

This is a good change..... impossible to play GvG.... impossible to conquer a sector!!

If u cannot win, even u have 1 milliom mi,itary building

Your fate is unchanged---get defeated

according my knowledge b4 i leave GvG war
those defending army has 10 lifes, u need to kill them 10 times b4 they vanished
and like our normal game world contential map
all unit of defending will revived andl recovered immediately after they win
even u immediately launch another attack on that same defending army, they will have 8 unit with full strength and 10 life waiting for u [ even u slaught 7 unit in last battles ]

75% of the defence pool that is? or 75 defence points?. How is it being calculated is still a mystery.
Let pressume 75% defence points it would be possible to defeat a level 0 guild with all players having their Def. GB's at level 10. The buildings add up to 4800 points aka def. pool, 75% of it is 3600. Your army at 150%, lets presume you use 8 tanks (Original properties Att 30, Def 60), you have all attack GB's at 100% which means 90 A / 180 D

You need to take down 3600 points to win 1 battle. Thats do-able, although very hard. But... I Have no idea how the calculation boils down to the units being installed.

For that I need a better description how defense is calculated in GvG, which will clear many issues we are discussing here.

Forget about those defense pool
u attack with your GB attack bonus
sector defend with 75% (only 1 secot, Head quarter ) , 50% ( 99.99999% are this type ) or 0-50% ( usually only 1 ) defend bonus

those defend pool...etc are only affect the amount of sector...only effectively when that guild ha smany sectors
if defending bonis is still un-realte with the provider of that defending army

it is just a simple attack on your hood player who has 75% or 50% or lesser defend bonus and
both side using same age of soldiers
if you are sure u can win, go ahead
if not, rather hide in corner and wait, until u grow stronger in attack bonus [ do not waste your army and goods in doing non-fair GvG attack, save your army and goods, GVG sector owned by any guild are always there waiting for u, they do not escape, strengther yourself in attack bonus b4 head-in }

I'm only talking about GvG :
@ Falcon you are always talking of best case : 150% is easy going against 50% defense. And that every player in a guild is up for the endgame. I don't agree. Losing 8 sectors over night, you tested it, it's just a rough estimation?? I don't agree, you can't know that.
As Stilz said, GvG is atm a dead thing or with other words in a slow motion mode only some privileged players with enough military boost can test 90% vs 50% or even 75%. Most players don't like GvG at all, I suppose at most 10% on normal servers play GvG primarily and maybe additional 50% will try it like a new campaign map, at least on german servers. You have to distinguish betwenn this boring tower battles and GvG.
And last but not least I must give point to the words of Stilz, there will always be a fluctuation of quitting players and beginning players and new players will have to wait a long time until they could join GvG. Finally GvG will be unalluring for a lot of players with max 90% in attack vs 50% defense and a headquarter with 75% is nearly immortal!

In my opinion there are 2 possibilities , reduce in GVG the military boost in defense or increase military boost in attack!

Just my 2 Cents

Hahahaha

Losing 8 sector overnight
It is just a normal circumstance, it is not a big deal

most guild already knowing ..
playing guild war is a group of guild-mate co-operation
if u are losing sectors overnight
it means
enemy has a hugh attack bonus but
your guild do not have any guild-mate to do defend of sectors

as far as i know, (may be i am out-dated )
the seigh army , place on your sector, do not carrying defense bonus
it is a easy-kill army
sector defense is actually means...
kill that seigh army asap
after killing that seigh army, replace any lost defending armies
It is a racing war of both side...
to see which side run out of goods and
to see which side runout of "attack army " or "defend army"

Following the recent GB Balancing
if u have attack bonus less than 50%, u should hand off GvG until u get hugh attack bonus ( above 50% )

Last edited:

DeletedUser

easy way to beat 50% with 42%
learn to use the correct troops
and how to not use the autobattle button

If u cannot win, even u have 1 milliom mi,itary building

Your fate is unchanged---get defeated
in 1 million military buildings you sure find 8 man who fits best to attack
but only if you know the advantages and disadvantages of the troops

in short:
if someone can't beat 50% with 42% attack bonus it's NOT the fault of the game

if u have attack bonus less than 50%, u should hand off GvG until u get hugh attack bonus ( above 50% )
why ?
because YOU can't win such fights ?

conqueror9

Regent

in 1 million military buildings you sure find 8 man who fits best to attack
but only if you know the advantages and disadvantages of the troops

in short:
if someone can't beat 50% with 42% attack bonus it's NOT the fault of the game

why ?
because YOU can't win such fights ?

This is a beta testing server
It is not a experience player playground....

It is a beta server composed of experience player, non-experience player, and newbie and noob and fool and ..etc
It is represent all kind of player who play FoE

I know , u , can defeat 50% or 75% defend bonus easily
but it do not represent most player abality ...
I am not afriad of fighting 50% defend bonus enemy with my current attack bonus...

But to some player, it is a un-fair battle as their attacking bonus is less than sector defending bonus
your comment like to me: they should be blame and punish becos they do not learn properly "how to use correct troops"
This is a bad comment from a experience player like u

GvG , i believe, is designed for all type /sort / kind of players
As 1 of my comment in other post, GvG is now favor to those Big guild which full of experience player who are very familiar with the troop. Non-experiecne player should not play

I think u completely mis-understanding
"If u cannot win, even u have 1 milliom military building
Your fate is unchanged---get defeated"
It is just a statement saying ...that player , as u say, cannot win the battle as he cannot use correct troop
I do not see any reason will change the result of battle even he has 1 million military
he do not know "how to use troops", even he has 1 million military building, he do not know "how to use troops"
"his fate is unchanged--get defeated" becos that 1 million military buildings even do not have the correct troops for him

I do agree his fate will change if he know "how to use correct troops"

"if u have attack bonus less than 50%, u should hand off GvG until u get hugh attack bonus ( above 50% ) "
It is just a advice..... it cover 0 % attack bonus to 50% attack bonus
I will not encourage player doing GvG attack with 0% attack bonus unless he just want to have a look only
As u are expereicne player, can you advice other readers
can 0% attack bonus with correct troops, can they 100% defeat army with defending bonus 50%
If not,
please clarify , how many % attack bonus with correct troops, they can 100% defeat army with defending bonus 50%

so those below that target % attack bonus....do not do a fool-move, it is a charity advice to some player, please advice

I put 50%, it is just a comofrtable figure vs defending bonus 50%
i can assure u that
even with more than 50% attack bonus, some players even cannot win the battle as they use wrong troops

Last edited:

DeletedUser

one stupid question:
why does the GvG have defense bonus and the GB attack bonus works there ?

you have to pay a huge amount of goods to be allowed to put a siege army
then you must defeat 80 times the defending army with defense bonus
the defender only need to defeat the attacker 10 times and the siege army has no bonus

so wouldn't it be fairer if there wouldn't be a defense bonus
and the attack bonus of the GBs don't count in GvG
so everyones (beginner to top player with all GB at level 10) fighting would be equal

:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

one stupid question:
the defender only need to defeat the attacker 10 times and the siege army has no bonus

The siege army has bonus too. Yesterday another guild siege one of our sectors and they had a bonus of 50%. But it is the first time i have seen it. Maybe is a new feature. If you have enough support pool your siege army will have bonus.

DeletedUser4314

no autobattle and correct troops.... only manual!!!

please post a screenshot of your own battle of GvG where you conquer a territory with 50% defense and you have minus of 50%
then sends message when you beat an army 10 times
let's see how long it takes....
please report the goods necessary for completing the conquest of the territory

conqueror9

Regent
one stupid question:
why does the GvG have defense bonus and the GB attack bonus works there ?

so wouldn't it be fairer if there wouldn't be a defense bonus
and the attack bonus of the GBs don't count in GvG
so everyones (beginner to top player with all GB at level 10) fighting would be equal

:rolleyes:

very simple answer lol
May be i try to be game developer to answer your question with a story

I have created GvG for you to play
and i also created Great Building for u
Some Great Building provide attack bonus and some provide defend bonus
GvG is a attack/defend game piece to get control of a sector
As it involve attack and defend, I should include my another geninue products ( GB with attack and defend bonus ) to show it is a geninue game
it intergrate exisitng products into new products
so GvG has those attack and defense bonus
If i do not put those bonus there, i cannot show it is a genious intergrat eproducts

As it is a products under testing and even it is a alpha version < means there is a tons of refinement b4 offically saying it is ok to test and release to game world after testing >, i just intergrate it directly with simple logic
1. direct attack bonus from GB like zeus /aachen /del monte
2. simple defense bonus , use 75%, 50% , 50%...etc from GB like basil, deal castle...and 8 defending army and 10 lifes ( i always want it for my real life )

thro' a lot of test and refinement and i provide tons of diamond
I reach a conclusion, the candy i give to attacker side and defender side is too big
That direct attack bonus and simple defense bonus looks ...do not match each other after having a lot of feedback
75% and 50% seems are correct, it will not be change...but the endless sector should be adjusted with supporting pool
my only choice is reduce the candy of simple attack bonus....
after i throw the dice, it come out 4, so 40% reduction is a good figures to implement. Even though it affect non -GvG, i do not care as it simplify my works.

anyway, it is my software
40% is a good figure, no argue

i am suffer a lot of it
i do not think there is a final testing
so alpha test ( in past, i say ), is no longer effective, it is already non-alpha test
they are final test
after final test( actually we never know which one is ) , then it should be offically release
that is why ..i say "live in game world in revsion 1.20)

end of story board

Just for fun, cheers

Last edited: