• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Changelog 1.20

DeletedUser

HOLY POTATOES!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow! InnoGames, thank you for finally applying this change! :D At first I doubted that you'd ever realise the problem in the imbalance between offensive and defensive boost, but I was wrong and I stand corrected :) You've surprised me in a good way :)

Very good work InnoGames! :D

This means that we will now have:

Maximum offensive boost: +90% attack/defense
Maximum defensive boost: +60% attack/defense

This sounds much more balanced :) And I really see forward to the change, please bring 1.20 nooow! :D

The only problem that I think will cause problems is that watchfires still exist. 1 watchfire now give more than 1 GB level! And a defense with +60% attack and +600% defense will be unbreakable :(

Andi47

Overlord
Some thoughts:
1.) On the Continent Map the units in some of the sectors have MUCH attack and defense boost, which is breakable now (with today's boost of the GBs), but might be quite difficult to break with the reduced attack bonus. So I think these units should be accordingly re-balanced too.
2.) How will defense bonus apply to defending units in GvG? Will the units bring their defense boost from the GBs of who has placed the defense army in the GvG sector?
3.) A HQ gives 75% defense bonus. Stacked with the maximum 60% of GBs, this would sum up to 135%. Seems quite impossible to break with "just" 90% maximum attack boost.

DeletedUser1264

Some thoughts:
1.) On the Continent Map the units in some of the sectors have MUCH attack and defense boost, which is breakable now (with today's boost of the GBs), but might be quite difficult to break with the reduced attack bonus. So I think these units should be accordingly re-balanced too.

I agree - those boosted continental armies appeared in the game just before the GBs were launched, evidently in anticipation of them. I sure hope they don't forget to adjust things to fit this change.

DeletedUser2752

Some thoughts:
I have no military GBs and have taken every sector until the ME so far. (I did that 110% in the InA Bonus Content with PE units though)
2.) How will defense bonus apply to defending units in GvG? Will the units bring their defense boost from the GBs of who has placed the defense army in the GvG sector?
Currently, the defense will reflect on the one person who places the army though it will most likely change soon
3.) A HQ gives 75% defense bonus. Stacked with the maximum 60% of GBs, this would sum up to 135%. Seems quite impossible to break with "just" 90% maximum attack boost.
I'm guessing this only applies to siege armies... If not, maybe these will be decreased?

4) Who said this is Changelog 1.20?

DeletedUser

Pretty funny though that the news about 1.20 reached the regular servers before it reached the beta server :p

Right! I wonder if it was tested somewhere else first? By the bad language and unaddressed continent map issues, I'm guessing there was an executive decision.

Andi47

Overlord
I'm guessing this only applies to siege armies... If not, maybe these will be decreased?

One more thing:
As of now (i.e before 1.20) guild members who are relatively new (i.e. those who have very low level GBs or no GBs at all yet and are not willing to buy the blueprints with diamonds) can contribute by (re-)placing the siege army or by filling one or more slots of a newly conquered sector with defense armies, because it makes no difference whether they have a boost or not. If the defense gets a boost from GBs, new members will be more or less condemned to sit and wait until all, their Zeus, Aachen and Castel del Monte reach level 10.

that brings me to the next thought:
GvG should stay feasible (at least to conquer and defend a few sectors) also for guilds with fairly developed GBs (let's say with boosts around 4-6). If GB levels of 8-10 are required before you can even think of participating in GvG, then many guilds will be tempted to put almost all their FP into Zeus, Aachen, etc. of the guildmates - bringing the risk of being suspended (punished) for pushing.

DeletedUser1264

Currently, the defense will reflect on the one person who places the army though it will most likely change soon

Byeordie, are you sure that's accurate? I know someone said it, but it doesn't seem correct to me - that's not in fact how it "currently" works, is it? And it doesn't make sense in connection with the elaborate/unclear explanations of how the "support pool" is calculated.

DeletedUser

Byeordie, are you sure that's accurate? I know someone said it, but it doesn't seem correct to me - that's not in fact how it "currently" works, is it? And it doesn't make sense in connection with the elaborate/unclear explanations of how the "support pool" is calculated.

I think that this is some kind of misunderstanding :eek: I also heard this on the .EN-forum, but I think that they have misunderstood it. What I think that they mean is that the attacking boost is not determined by the guilds support pool, but instead the individual player. However, the defensive army is using the guild support pool, hence the players individual boost doesn't matter :)

What however really scares me is when I heard (on the .EN-forums) that guild wars is about to get released soon? :eek:!!! Is this true Inno? If so, please don't do that, guild wars is far from finished and releasing a 20% finished feature will just make people angry :(

DeletedUser2752

I don't think our mods/managers here get angry at us. We do try our best not to swear or call them names over here. I do respect that which is why I like putting feedback here a bit more (and I have a (tiny) title on the EN forums, so I may get mine removed if I unleashed one day :p)
A Co-Community Manager said it, and I tried to correct him, but he said he was right, but "it will most likely change soon" (I think that's how he put it. The thread was removed as mentioned already, so I can't get the quote). lol, now watchfires and monasteries will not be calculated in the support pool anymore as well.

Let me also add this from the discussion which explains why battle points are not going to increase:
Originally Posted by The Countess/alison: View Post

Thank you for the feedback so far. I would like to clarify one or two points.

Please understand that in order to allow military boost buildings to be used in GvG, they had to be rebalanced to provide a more even playing field. This is a better alternative than, for example, making the military boost useless in GvG. With attack buildings being so desirable for PvP, and with Guild versus Guild offering so many more PvP options than 'hood farming, it makes sense to allow them to be used in GvG, instead of restricting them to one-off battles.

A: GvG release is imminent, yes.
A: GvG will provide battle points.

Btw Andi, me and Falco expressed a bit of concern on your topic over here: http://forum.beta.forgeofempires.co...-feedback-thread&p=12463&viewfull=1#post12463

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4628

Sorry the rebalancing has to be considered in two ways :

1. For Tower Tournament battles it is a good update. Winning and plundering in the neighbourhood was to easy.
2. But with max 90% military boost in GvG I get really upset about that. I don't care about point1 and this boring tower fights as many other players. But in GvG I predict the 2nd GB of Modern Age is a 3rd military boost GB, greater than Alcatraz and we get back 30% to have at least a little chance to conquer a 75% Headquarter.

I'm not amused about this pseudo -rebalancing, maybe it is possible to distinguish between tower battles and GvG!?

Regards Uma

DeletedUser4314

The change will be applied only for GvG or even in PvP?
The message speaks of support pool but there is no reference to PvP ...

I tried the GvG the High Middle Ages and now with Zeus and Aachen where I have 70% bonus is hard to beat an army of defense with 50% Bonus.
with changing my attack will be 42% ... will be much more difficult to conquer a territory with 50% defense!!

I stopped playing GvG in the Iron Age for this reason, impossible to conquer a territory, it was just a waste of goods...

DeletedUser4628

After the rebalancing of the military boost GvG is nearly a dead thing !
Last option are NPC sectors with 0 support and only 1 or 2 armies. And this only because a lot of players complained about pludering. I can't believe it and I don't like it in GvG...

DeletedUser1264

After the rebalancing of the military boost GvG is nearly a dead thing !
Last option are NPC sectors with 0 support and only 1 or 2 armies. And this only because a lot of players complained about pludering.

That's not really why they did it, Umalbion - at least the way I understand it.

DeletedUser

with the update you can't attack other guilds siege anymore :mad:

makes a new way of cheating possible:
make many one man guilds:
every of these guilds make a siege around at your border sectors (first siege costs ZERO goods)
nobody else is able to attack that sector anymore

:eek: