• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Changelog 1.20

DeletedUser1264

with the update you can't attack other guilds siege anymore :mad:
makes a new way of cheating possible:
make many one man guilds:
every of these guilds make a siege around at your border sectors (first siege costs ZERO goods)
nobody else is able to attack that sector anymore
:eek:

LoL: Another well-thought-through modification! Thanks for pointing out how to use it. :cool:

DeletedUser4628

That's not really why they did it, Umalbion - at least the way I understand it. Someone on the en forum only said that was the reason because he thought it sounded clever and that it would shut the protestors up.

the reason why doesn't matter, the result is the same. GvG is dead. R.I.P
and as you can read people try to think around it, avoiding fighting, cause i'ts nearly impossible

DeletedUser

Looks like Goods cost to unlock defence armies and place siege army has increased
-
Also some GBs bonuses have increase
GBBefore updateAfter update
COA level 1012640 coins18950 coins
St Basil level 1020670 coins30210 coins
Deal Castle level 1094 medals109 medals

DeletedUser1264

Looks like Goods cost to unlock defence armies and place siege army has increased

They don't want us GvGing at all, it seems. There are easier ways to accomplish that, though! :cool:

And as long as I'm here, the "overview" map looks even worse than it did before. That combination of dried-blood-colour with green still looks like rotting meat, and the addition of glaring orange highlights really doesn't help. The beauty of the graphics is a huge part of the appeal of this game, so why does GvG have to be marred this way? There are loads of colours that would look handsome together.

DeletedUser

Fact is attacker still have the upper hand - save when you have a ....load of watchfires, that may do the trick with attack bonus to defense...

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
Hi guys,

Thanks for your feedback. Just to clarify, this isn't the bash EN thread, nor is it the bash Inno employees thread. Byeordie is right, I dont rule with an iron fist. You guys are here to help me test, and I respect that. However, I don't think it is appropriate for you to bring your misgivings about another community to my door. I'll clean this thread up after I get home, please refrain from spamming what can be exceedingly helpful threads with discussions about other communities.

Thanks
Richard

Andi47

Overlord
Hi guys,

Thanks for your feedback. Just to clarify, this isn't the bash EN thread, nor is it the bash Inno employees thread. Byeordie is right, I dont rule with an iron fist. You guys are here to help me test, and I respect that. However, I don't think it is appropriate for you to bring your misgivings about another community to my door. I'll clean this thread up after I get home, please refrain from spamming what can be exceedingly helpful threads with discussions about other communities.

Thanks
Richard

I agree.
However, it might be worth to investigate, whether what is said is true or not. (I am/was not in the .en community, so I can't say anything about it.)

DeletedUser4628

Hi guys,

You guys are here to help me test, and I respect that.
Richard

The problem is that most players cannot test anylonge with marginal military boost. Nearly no beta testa have 90% military boost.
The result is that most test-players transformed to observers...

Andi47

Overlord
How exactly does the defence bonus of St. Basil and Deal Castle apply to the support pool? are there now more sectors with 50 or nearly 50% defensive bonus than before 1.20? Or can the defensive bonus now exceed 50 respectively 75 (HQ) %?

DeletedUser

Hi guys,

Thanks
Richard

Sorry Sovereign :) Ok, back to topic:

Watchfires and Monastery

InnoGames, I really think that you need to take the watchfires into consideration aswell. The Monastery is not a problem because every player can just aquire 1 at most. Therefore, I honestly think that you should include the monastery into GvG aswell, and also apply the fierce resistance to it, so that it will give +10% attack and +10% defense. Every player can just get one single of it anyway, so that will not cause any problems.

However, the watchfires will cause some problems. The GB change is very good, but it gets sort of "hurt" from the watchfires. If a player has +60% attack and defense from his GBs, and then some additional 30 watchfires, that player will have a total of +60% attack and +180% defense. That is impossible to defeat when we just have +90% offensive boost. Don't misunderstand me; the GB change is really good, it's the watchfires that creates this imbalance!

A much better choice would be to:

- Change the watchfire bonus to something else; for instance reduced training or healing time etc.
- Offer some kind of refound for watchfires that are sold; for instance some combination of diamonds and medals etc.

In this case, every player would be able to have a maximum of:

- +70% attack and defense when defeding (2 GBs á 3% @ 10 lvls + monastery 10%).
- +90% attack and defense when attacking (3 GBs á 3% @ 10 lvls).

GB Rebalancing

I think that if they are into this whole process of readjusting some of the GBs, I think that a smart idea would be to reconsider adjustment to a few more GBs. The problem here is that with the "static" system of GB bonuses, it's very hard to balance the production bonus. To solve this, I suggest a more "dynamic" production bonus :)

Example:

Colosseum gives 9 medals every 24 hour at level 1. In the iron age, that is actually a pretty large amount of medals, however, in later ages this bonus gets worse, actually much worse the longer away from iron age that we come. A solution to this would be to add a dynamic production bonus.

Dynamic production bonus:

Simply a bonus that scales depending on the difference between the GBs era and your era. Basicly every era would get a "GB coefficient" that is used to calculate the actual bonus. So for instance, Colosseum gives 9 medals every 24 hours in iron age, but in early middle age it is increased by 20% and in HMA it is increased by further 20%. Each GB has ofcourse an individual coefficient :)

Example (Colossuem):

EraBonus, level 1 (per day)Bonus, level 10 (per day)
BA9 medals32 medals
IA9 medals32 medals
EMA11 medals38 medals
HMA13 medals46 medals
LMA16 medals55 medals
CA19 medals66 medals
InA23 medals79 medals
PE28 medals95 medals
ME34 medals114 medals

Edit:

Note that the dynamic bonus does not scale when you're in an earlier era than the GB is from. So if you are in BA when you build Colosseum, you'll recieve the same as you'd in IA. However, for every era after the GBs era, you'll get an addition increment :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4628

How exactly does the defence bonus of St. Basil and Deal Castle apply to the support pool? are there now more sectors with 50 or nearly 50% defensive bonus than before 1.20? Or can the defensive bonus now exceed 50 respectively 75 (HQ) %?

Just for support pool in GvG for defense armies in a sector. 75% for Headquater and as long as support pool can support (sorry for my speech, I'm writing simultaneously on the german server, yes I know a big mistak *sigh*) all other sectors have 50% military boost. Otherwise, if support pool is empty, defense got no support = military boost.

DeletedUser4628

omg like on german server player can't distinguish between this boring tower battles and GvG. This rebalancing is officially for GvG to make it more interesting (developers opinion / anouncemant), for me just a joke!
But most players are only concerned about this stupid neighborhood battles . I still can't globally believe it,

HuscarlTW

Squire
I can't say I'm happy to see this massive nerf. On the PBE, my attack bonus dropped from 25% (level 5 Zeus) to 15%. Now my trebuchets simply have pre-nerfed attack damage (10) with my Zeus, which is terrible. I can't even reliably 2-shot crossbows with my trebuchets!

If they'd really wanted to weaken the attack bonus on the GBs, they should have done it differently:
- Zeus/Aachen/Del Monte: +5% attack at level 1
then have it progress in a way similar to this:

Zeus & Del Monte

Level 1 5%
Level 2 10%
Level 3 14%
Level 4 18%
Level 5 21%
Level 6 24%
Level 7 27%
Level 8 30%
Level 9 32%
Level 10 34%

Aachen

Level 1 5%
Level 2 9%
Level 3 12%
Level 4 15%
Level 5 18%
Level 6 21%
Level 7 24%
Level 8 27%
Level 9 30%
Level 10 32%

This would give everybody a maximum attack bonus of 100%, and additionally it would have the desired effect of weakening the 150% attack bonus, which makes units insanely difficult to kill. The advantage to my method is that it doesn't totally screw over the players who have low level GBs - instead, it's just a minor reduction.

I gave Aachen lower numbers because it's getting a 50% increase to its daily coin collect, while Zeus and Del Monte are getting no buff whatsoever to compensate for this nerf.

DeletedUser4133

Please do not get me wrong.

But will with the new update support will finaly look into banning bots/scripsts beeing used by "so called support on different servers?". Or us a a ordinary (paying) players will be still under "opresions" from so called "helping admins?".