• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Carnival Event 2019

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8168

Well I am not impressed at all same old same old ....rehashed game pieces and graphics to push it out the door !
and after 33 attempt not one win in the 5% or 15% games so INNO has raised the odds to limit our enjoyment
and whats up with the ever increase price of the chest ...it amazes me how tight inno is becoming the only thing they give is useless crap like victory towers and face of ancient ....... hire a pyschologist and have them explain the terms fun happy enjoyment etc and then build a game that actually is fun to do !

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2019-01-19 - inapproprate language

Last edited by a moderator:

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Well I am not impressed at all same old same old ....rehashed game pieces and graphics to push it out the door !
and after 33 attempt not one win in the 5% or 15% games so INNO has raised the odds to limit our enjoyment
and whats up with the ever increase price of the chest ...it amazes me how tight butt cheek inno is becoming the only thing they give is useless crap like victory towers and face of ancient ....... hire a pyschologist and have them explain the terms fun happy enjoyment etc and then build a game that actually is fun to do !
While... this happened.
upload_2019-1-16_14-19-58.png
Close to 100 tickets spent. It actually went higher to about 1600 before I finally won it.

Oh, and @Roc Fall if you don't enjoy the game, then why do you play it?

Last edited:

DeletedUser9538

Is it just me or does it seem awfully hard to get enough florins to win a chest? In other events, you get a chance to win something with every try, but on this one first you must work to get florins and then finally, after some time, you get a chance to win a prize. It's rather frustrating to spend tickets to try to get florins and keep losing and getting none. Or, taking the sure path and getting 10 with each ticket, but then it takes a long time to get enough to buy a chest.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Is it just me or does it seem awfully hard to get enough florins to win a chest? In other events, you get a chance to win something with every try, but on this one first you must work to get florins and then finally, after some time, you get a chance to win a prize. It's rather frustrating to spend tickets to try to get florins and keep losing and getting none. Or, taking the sure path and getting 10 with each ticket, but then it takes a long time to get enough to buy a chest.

It's like a raffle. There's nothing new to this, and like any other "roll of the dice" type of games, you take your chances.

Feanor II

Baronet
Last year there was an option to purchase a prize for a given amount of florins after it had become available as the rotating prize (which was necessary if you wanted to get anywhere). I don't see a similar option this year. Am I missing it or has this option been deleted? I seriously hope not, but I suspect the worst...

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Honestly, I like this event. I'm not a huge fan of either leagues or the games, but I do really enjoy the set. It looks pretty neat, and it provides a nice production.

Feanor II

Baronet
Don't be glib.. I was just giving feedback..

I've played the event for the last 3 years.. I have an idea how it plays...

I enjoy collecting objects... the setup for this event just leads to frustration...

Here's what I see as the basic problem with the event. We're playing for half the rewards. There is no Grand Prize the way there is with other events.

Forge Bowl: Spend footballs on plays, each of which gives a reward, and move down the field to the Grand Prize/Touchdown, which a rotation of Colossus Upgrades and fillers.

Spring Event (2018): Spend Lanterns on chests, each of which gives a reward, and every time you open a chest you get Blossoms, which accumulate for the Grand Prize, which is a rotation of Cherry Pieces and fillers.

Summer Event (2018): Coins spin the wheel, and you get the wheel prize, plus map fragments which build toward the Grand Prize, which is a rotation of Ship Upgrades and fillers.

Fall Event (2018): You receive ingredients with which you bake dishes, which give an individual prize, and build toward the Grand Prize, which is a rotation of Mill of Fall Upgrades and fillers.

Winter Event (2018): You receive stars you can use to open gifts, each of which is a prize, and each of which gives you a match that can light candles on the tree to build toward the Grand Prize, which is a rotation of Winter Spire Upgrades and fillers.

Which brings us to...

Carnival: You receive florins as well as tickets that can be changed into florins (which is a pointless redundancy); the florins can then be used to open chests, each of which will give a prize and also accumulates...nothing. Which builds toward a Grand Prize of nothing, which is a rotation of nothing and nothing.

@Zarok Dai
If you want to make this event be on par with the others, it needs a Grand Prize. "Each time you use florins to open a chest you will receive/accumulate [whatever] which will [whatever mechanism you want to use for the Grand Prize]", with the Grand Prize being a rotation of Piazza pieces and fillers the same as you do with the Cherry pieces in the Spring Event. THAT would make it a good Event! As it stands right now it's the same as last year; same amount of work as the other events for half the reward (if that). As I stated though it's easy to fix, it just needs a Carnival-themed port of the Blossom/Cherry Set/Grand Prize function of the Spring Event.

The description window for the Piazza Mask Vendor, Lv1 and Lv2, is missing the medal amount. Just says "Every 1 d" for both
aIHyTYE.jpg

Emberguard

Emperor
and whats up with the ever increase price of the chest ...it amazes me how tight butt cheek inno is becoming the only thing they give is useless crap like victory towers and face of ancient ....... hire a pyschologist and have them explain the terms fun happy enjoyment etc and then build a game that actually is fun to do !
While... this happened.
View attachment 3773
Close to 100 tickets spent. It actually went higher to about 1600 before I finally won it.

Oh, and @Roc Fall if you don't enjoy the game, then why do you play it?
Same story as last Carnival Event

For the 5% chance it's pretty common the amount will be somewhere between 1k-2k by the time it actually pays out

If you want a fair chance of winning ignores the 15 and 5% chances. Only go for the 100%

Because if only 5% win, that's 95% of the neighbourhood losing. Ok actual numbers might be different, but most players that get the amount up that high won't actually win the pot. It'll be someone else

Kind of like the summer wheel, if you want to control the best prizes you need to either buy a lot of event currency beforehand on a quiet time, or have a big stash from the quests. Unfortunately big stash from the quests is not really rewarded for this event due to the bar adding a ticket each hour

agramer66

Steward
Personally I don't like events with sets as prizes, especially because there is always apiece missing...
Before a ****storm comes, let me explain:
Feedback is posting of your opinion, and my opinion is that events should have a prize which should be achievable by finishing all quests. All events that require a set, pieces of which depend on luck to get, are not very appealing, because there is a high probability that a piece will be missing and thus the whole set would be useless, or badly downgraded and next to useless.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Same story as last Carnival Event

For the 5% chance it's pretty common the amount will be somewhere between 1k-2k by the time it actually pays out

If you want a fair chance of winning ignores the 15 and 5% chances. Only go for the 100%

That's *horrible* advice...

You will do far better with usually taking the 15% chance (i think you need 6 tickets before chasing the 15% starting from 50 is better than the 100% for 10).

The 5% chance is worthwhile if some sucker builds it up first for you or if you're doing a big diamond dump.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Regarding efficiency of playing the games, a quick spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rFmIDQGLzou7kxeKFBVJm_0BQf6dfQc4mVIC-Sf1pFs/edit?usp=sharing

Quick rules of thumb:
1) The best payout is from someone else's losses - If you're going to check in regularly still, avoid spending too much so you have tickets for when the prize starts shooting up up up. If you're capped and need to restore ticket regen, it might be worth spending your spare ticket on the 5% game to try and encourage someone else to run it for you before you spend the bulk of your tickets. Or you could spend 1 on the guaranteed game.
2) If you have 5 to 50 tickets to spend before you're done for the day and the 5% prize is sitting below 190, the 15% game is the place to spend. Always reevaluate your tickets left after you win a prize (i.e. if you had 10 you needed to spend before logging out and spent 6 on 15% game and won a prize and now have 4 left then the last 4 should probably go to the 100% game). If you have more than 50 tickets, then the 5% game is the one for you whatever it's starting at.
3) If the 5% game is 205 or higher, it's the place to be. If you have limited tickets though you may still want to keep watching it. The median run is around 295-310. Depending on time availability and activity of your hood you may be able to only spend tickets on 400+ pots which are a great buy.
4) In a competitive bidding situation the "double your chance" box is worth checking above 400 in the 5% game

Regarding my earlier comment on doing a diamond dump, in general it will be more efficient to buy florins with diamonds than buy tickets en masse and convert them into florins. Buying tickets makes sense only when the pot is already huge (but are a little at a time expenditure and inevitably because of that I'll wind up doing some of it ;))

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Have to see what exactly the other chest options look like. But I'll hope that the best one of the two visible to me is typical (10% special chance for 200 florins). Assuming about half the quests give 250 florins and the other half give 5 tickets (they seem to alternate):

21 days * 24 tickets generated a day = 504 tickets + 20 tickets quest bonus + 5 tickets * 28ish quests = 664 tickets
664 tickets * 15 florins per ticket (reasonable expectation using mostly the 15% chest and catching the occasional pre-inflated chest) = ~10k florins from tickets
+ 5500 florins directly from bonus
+ 250 florins * 27ish quests = ~22000 florins to spend

This should be able to give ~10 to 11 specials on average. Plus 2 pieces from questline plus 1 piece from finishing bronze+. It should be pretty comfortable if you're actively playing the event to finish the set for most people who focus it (5 bases + 5 upgrades = 10 specials needed, some room for bad luck).

In terms of diamonding for an extra level 2 set, 10k florins costs 4k diamonds. A special costs about 2k florins, so it'll be about 5 pieces/upgrades per 4k diamonds. So it should be about 8k diamonds per extra level 2 set.

How worthwhile that is I'm not sure - in HMA the level 2 attack boost is only 5% vs cherry level 2's 10%. But I've seen that it's going up from someone's earlier iron age stats so it might be as good or better than cherry in high ages.

Edit: It seems 200 florins for 10% is actually one of the best chests available... so probably more like 8~9 specials and needing to compensate for bad luck with diamonds or better performance using your tickets if you're so unfortunate.

Last edited: