• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Big news for Forge!

Beta gets it shut down Dec 11th

Everywhere else is an unknown date, likely some time in the new year. Being a new feature it’ll depend on how much time they need to test Guild Raids. Could be real quick and be done after a few weeks, or it could need time and be 6 months. No one knows until we done the testing
hopefully they get rid of it before Christmas.

BarraG

Farmer
Question not sure if this had been asked before ... I am Titan and it is boring as just needing have one unit and that all you need to fight battles (I know can still use hover tanks if I really want to in battles with Atk power I have but I cannot use CA units) with where GVG was great as it let you go back use a lot of your old aged units this RAID thing going to allow us to use our old unit as I have over 70k worth of units and to lose the dynamics of GvG and with these new mini challenges look more like a pain to do than thrilling challenges they are not really challenges as such as I see it ...so back to the real question will this RAID thing be as dynamic as GvG with allowing to us units other than our current age as such?

Last edited:

ArklurBeta

Baronet
so back to the real question will this RAID thing be as dynamic as GvG with allowing to us units other than our current age as such?
"No one" knows expect the devs of Inno, until it's released on Beta.
By the way...why is there a need to be able to use lower era units? I get it sucks if you have thousands of units in lower ages and if you can't do anything with them then...you might as well delete them, but other than that...any legit reason to this be a big deal? In other games usually you get rid of the "old" stuff anyway, That's another story that usually you get something for doing so, "coins", don't know what Inno could offer the players so it's not just deleting them into the void...?

Question not sure if this had been asked before ... I am Titan and it is boring as just needing have one unit and that all you need to fight battles (I know can still use hover tanks if I really want to in battles with Atk power I have but I cannot use CA units) with where GVG was great as it let you go back use a lot of your old aged units this RAID thing going to allow us to use our old unit as I have over 70k worth of units and to lose the dynamics of GvG and with these new mini challenges look more like a pain to do than thrilling challenges they are not really challenges as such as I see it ...so back to the real question will this RAID thing be as dynamic as GvG with allowing to us units other than our current age as such?
well i am playing every day gvg and i have very little army from other ages. I have to put barracs from old ages to make some tanks so i can fight in lower age, so i dont see how de heck you can have so many army while you played gvg xd

The Lady Ann

Baronet
I was never a big GvG player, dabbled occasionally over the years but I do love the challenge of using previous era troops occasionally, I even sometimes play a bit of GE with old troops

In the data that has been posted in the spoiler section we have seen that there is a function "GuildRaidMapNodeUnitDonation". This implies that we can donate units to achieve some sort of objective in Guild Raids.
There is a good chance you will still be able to spend those obsolete units, on the condition that the age of the donated units is irrelevant.

Demeter7

Squire
In the data that has been posted in the spoiler section we have seen that there is a function "GuildRaidMapNodeUnitDonation". This implies that we can donate units to achieve some sort of objective in Guild Raids.
There is a good chance you will still be able to spend those obsolete units, on the condition that the age of the donated units is irrelevant.
Donating units is not the same as fighting with lower age units.
That fun will be over when GvG is gone.

Douglas 221

Farmer
Donating units is not the same as fighting with lower age units.
That fun will be over when GvG is gone.
I totally agree. With out the ability to fight toe to toe with the same age troops while defending your space... the GvG feature will be very missed. I am quite certain if more mobile people got the option to do what PC players have been able to do with fighting on a map with lower age troops against others with the same age troops and defending their sector by replacing troops and killing a siege... they too would LOVE that aspect of GvG.

Demeter7

Squire
Honestly... if GR is going to require guild members to build up troops just to "donate" them, that does not sound like something I want to do.

Douglas 221

Farmer
There is fun using old units in GvG? For me it is literally the same as using current age units. Still clicking auto fight and replace units once they are damaged.
While I respect your preference, you are able to do that in GE and GBG. Inno has spent a great deal of time asking NON GvG players what they want to new features but have neglected to ask GvG players what keeps them coming back to a dying feature which requires people to show up on PC at a set time daily to fight on different age maps. We are happy to share with anyone what keeps us coming back daily to fight what is a dying feature even today. I would hope while you get to play what you LIKE about the game you would respect others who prefer something different, because Inno has not seemed to try to incorporate any of what GvG players LOVE into any new features. And before anyone replies... The growing mobile users have never had the chance to play GvG. They have no idea what it has been like to enjoy GvG in a passionate guild. Every time my guilds introduce someone to GvG... they love it.
Yes, going to the LMA map and using only LMA troops to battle is fun. Creating a totally new city just to fight in LMA is a really poor alternative.

Arch1e

Marquis
While I respect your preference, you are able to do that in GE and GBG. Inno has spent a great deal of time asking NON GvG players what they want to new features but have neglected to ask GvG players what keeps them coming back to a dying feature which requires people to show up on PC at a set time daily to fight on different age maps. We are happy to share with anyone what keeps us coming back daily to fight what is a dying feature even today. I would hope while you get to play what you LIKE about the game you would respect others who prefer something different, because Inno has not seemed to try to incorporate any of what GvG players LOVE into any new features. And before anyone replies... The growing mobile users have never had the chance to play GvG. They have no idea what it has been like to enjoy GvG in a passionate guild. Every time my guilds introduce someone to GvG... they love it.
Yes, going to the LMA map and using only LMA troops to battle is fun. Creating a totally new city just to fight in LMA is a really poor alternative.
There was a discussion maybe 6 weeks - a couple of months ago, about what people would like to see as a replacement for GvG. Plenty of opportunity to voice opinions also in the this thread, with regard to what you hope Guild Raids will be. I would have thought this would be the best time to give suggestions, unless someone prefers to wait till it’s done and then give feedback, when it’s harder to change.

Demeter7

Squire
There was a discussion maybe 6 weeks - a couple of months ago, about what people would like to see as a replacement for GvG. Plenty of opportunity to voice opinions also in the this thread, with regard to what you hope Guild Raids will be. I would have thought this would be the best time to give suggestions, unless someone prefers to wait till it’s done and then give feedback, when it’s harder to change.
Do you really think that any of the suggestions back then became part of GR? As I recall, the comments in that thread were mostly people who wanted to keep GvG, They want enhancements, such as adding ages to the maps, making it work for mobile, stopping bots, etc. Most wanted to keep some form of GvG. Many in the thread said they did not want GvG deactivated.