• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Big news for Forge!

-Emperor-

Farmer
I do not know what Inno wants to hear from us now, when none of us can imagine what will be in these perks and what should we comment on here? If the new function is based on the principle of pay me 100 € and you will be #1, then everything will fail...

One more thing: The GvG support pool is a prominent part of the Guild Level awards. Manyother Guild level rewards are outdated due to the event level buildings inflation. If Inno removes GvG, what will the new item be that provides a small but significant boost to the guild? I do some suggestions:
- if guild raids enable guilds to rob the goods from other guilds treasures, make it a cap on roberies. That is, the higher the level of the guild, the less goods others can rob from you.
- make it a bonus on goods donated to the guild. That is, if a player donates 100 wine, the guild receives 101 wine at bonus 1%.
- Make it a defense bonus in fights in guild rates
A technical cheap way to imlement this is to re-label the support pool in all instances a(observatory, guild levels, and so on) which generate it.

Estipar

Merchant
Instead of closing the cheaters, Inno closed its feature. The only good feature it had.
Great attitude, let's declare defeat in the war against cheating.

This decision is Inno's way of saying "cheating is allowed here, there's nothing we can or are willing to do against it"

I actually didn't expect inno to sink THIS LOW. Disgusted.
If its a war on Cheaters Battlegrounds will be shut down too :)

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Good morning
a question, will there be a restitution of the resources committed "guilds against guilds" by era
in the guild treasury??? .
I really hope not. If the rankings are frozen, then the you shouldn't get the goods back. Otherwise, everyone will use up their entire treasury placing sieges on the last day, and the rankings won't accurately reflect the status of the guilds.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I really hope not. If the rankings are frozen, then the you shouldn't get the goods back. Otherwise, everyone will use up their entire treasury placing sieges on the last day, and the rankings won't accurately reflect the status of the guilds.
It'd make some amount of sense to give back a "grant freedom" amount - which is only half the goods you spent on it. Otherwise you might have people having the opposite reaction and just trying to ditch their whole territory to reclaim the goods before they can't any longer.

Pledging to give back the amount you'd get from granting freedom gives the most encouragement to hold til the end if you can for the sake of making the final standings mean something.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
It'd make some amount of sense to give back a "grant freedom" amount - which is only half the goods you spent on it. Otherwise you might have people having the opposite reaction and just trying to ditch their whole territory to reclaim the goods before they can't any longer.

Pledging to give back the amount you'd get from granting freedom gives the most encouragement to hold til the end if you can for the sake of making the final standings mean something.
Honestly, I would prefer if the rankings were frozen on an unannounced day, and then the maps where slowly whited out over time, giving you back your goods. I feel like that would be an unpopular idea though...

Arch1e

Marquis

It’s been used already so what any pledge would do is basically giving the option of fighting for free for the last months. Or letting guilds that may not have touched their sectors for a long time, because it’s actually not a live feature anymore, have this ‘banked’ goods flow come back to them. If they want them back, they should release, like always.

the rankings won't accurately reflect the status of the guilds.
I’m not sure they do now, certainly not on my live world. The maps have been pretty much stagnant for several months already.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It’s been used already so what any pledge would do is basically giving the option of fighting for free for the last months. Or letting guilds that may not have touched their sectors for a long time, because it’s actually not a live feature anymore, have this ‘banked’ goods flow come back to them. If they want them back, they should release, like always.
It's not for free. You always lose half the goods you spent at minimum (and the other half if anyone takes it from you) when you release. Basically it'd be like everyone released everything the day after rankings were frozen - and that seems fair for a feature about to be disabled.

-Alin-

Emperor
Good morning
a question, will there be a restitution of the resources committed "guilds against guilds" by era
in the guild treasury???

No goods should be offered back, simple as that.

You spent them, your guild got levels, You got fights and ranking points.
It would be fair aswell to take all ranking points and levels made by players and Guilds if You want the goods back.

napodavout

Merchant
Good morning
two solutions
1- be at the end, part of the resources are returned
2 - be released before the end to recover as many resources as possible to use elsewhere

CrashBoom

Legend
Good morning
two solutions
1- be at the end, part of the resources are returned
2 - be released before the end to recover as many resources as possible to use elsewhere
the 2 solutions are
- release it yourself
- don't release it because you are ranking addicted and want to have a good place there forever

Is the cheating in GBG actually proven?
There's ways to tell and yeah, proven. reported. Zero done
But concerning GBG I have never seen any cheating. People sometimes think a bot is attacking but in reality it's 20-30 highly motivated players who are online at the same time and who take over a sector extremely quickly.
Then you must not be in a guild competitive enough to have folks pay a subscription to allow them to cheat.

FACT :
1) There are people who which to continue to play GvG as it is.
2) Inno knows how to operate several other games than FOE
3) Inno wish to withdraw GvG out of FOE

PROPOSTION :
CREATE a FOE GvG spin-off game (even a fee-based game), so that guys can continue to play GvG as it is and INNO gain more MONEY !!
THIS!!! Either a spinoff game or just a separate server where anyone can play - similar to Beta. I dunno call it gvg.forgeofempires.com like beta is zz.forge...

The assumption that GVGers don't spend $$ is just that. I can tell you that based on real numbers for each new era, players spent on events to attain the stats to be able to effect a one shot kill. This was derived by an accountant friend of mine who had been playing the game for 6-7 years (that's a guess, could be less) and was accurate. Many high dollar spenders did so to advance their GVG attack because GBG was just a byproduct where one could get troops to fight GVG.

If folks actually look on their server maps to see all the bubbles, there's PLENTY of action. One server on which I play has not one but 2 guilds who regularly have 8-15 players on plus several other guilds with 5-10 and some with just 1 or 2. It's not as inactive as y'all think.

Several others have also mentioned the social aspect and that's 100% a huge draw. While we might only fight for 20 min we hang out and chat about new event buildings, help others with city arrangement to shoe horn in the next building, what to take out when there's no more room. InnoGames released a monster here that's created a tight knit community - which unfortunately has been invaded by cheaters (yeah, proven and there's information gathering going on and finally bans are being handed down for at least some alt accounts in one realm in which I play, so at least there is progress there.

Lack of information on what Raids will look like is disheartening, to say the least. I hope the powers that be actually read and grasp what folks are asking and build accordingly.

Last edited:
There's ways to tell and yeah, proven. reported. Zero done

Then you must not be in a guild competitive enough to have folks pay a subscription to allow them to cheat.
Do these elusive and mysterious bots have a way of preventing a user from accumulating attrition? If not, then all that they accomplish now is getting the user to their max attrition sooner rather than later.