• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Archaeology Event

DeletedUser

Spending exactly 670 scrolls and getting 6 carousels - lucky me :p
The only problem is my WF is at lvl 5 and I see no way to level it another 5 times... Maybe I suck in the minigame stuff, but boy, I would have to be blind to suck that much... :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9150

This event has something I hadn't yet seen in any of FoE's events before - it's downright fun, to the point that it's addictive. I'm loving the mechanic of it, and as someone said earlier in this thread (I think it was Manda) I wish it could be incorporated into regular gameplay.

I'll probably won't get very far with it only because my beta city has almost no goods (I have 4 stone, for example) so fulfilling quests that require negotiation, for example, will be much slower than it would be on live, but that is in no way related to the quality of the mini game (only a reflection of the neglect my beta city suffers).

Kudos to Inno for finally coming up with an event where the end goal isn't the only thing worth having, but that there's fun in the process as well.

DeletedUser9123

there should be way to get extra scrolls like the Spring event, right now it's shaping up to be another Carnival where we waste most of the scrolls on empty spaces

Half way through and only level 2 - how to accomplish without buying diamonds?

DeletedUser9169

The game is fun and looks like it might be possible to make it to level 10 without diamonds but it would be close.

Since the Carousel was available today I did spend 200 diamonds since I was a few scrolls short for getting the 330 scroll tool pack and got one carousel quickly.

When first starting the game I wasted a lot of tools trying to figure out how to play the game before I figured out some strategy. Don't bother tying to uncover all the sand. Use the brush to move a couple of tiles to the right then If you you find a column of four or five sand tiles use the shovel to reveal the sand in that column and the two columns on both sides. If there is a row of stone in the middle of the tunnel that just move across the top or bottom of the tunnel and ignore the rest.

Go for the gold idols and leave behind most of the vases. If you try to pick up every item you will run out of tools quickly.

When this game goes live I suggest increasing the number of starting tools.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9779

Why is the chance of getting the daily prize so low? The highest I saw it was 18% (I think) and that was with the other options having much higher chance due to being FP. It is usually around 5-8% with the other options being anywhere from 15-25%.

DeletedUser9169

Great idea, if you don't want the Carousel. ;)
I got the Carousel by placing the dynamite to reach one or more gold idols along with vases with the higher percentage chance of winning the daily special. Vases with a low percent chance of winning or no gold idols in dynamite range were ignored. Placed correctly you could get four of five items in one dynamite blast.

DeletedUser7703

daily quest: complete 6 encounters (In GE) or aquire a sector without fighting

Think it is bad to release a daily quest with fighting/negotiation in GE on a Monday where we dont have the posibility to enter GE

It's timed for live not beta.

Amdira

Baronet
daily quest: complete 6 encounters (In GE) or aquire a sector without fighting

Think it is bad to release a daily quest with fighting/negotiation in GE on a Monday where we dont have the posibility to enter GE

That's strange - a guild member also complained about that, but I was shown a different quest today

#46 Collect your scrolls and exchange them into tools in the event (or something like this - already translated it for myself and don't have the original anymore)

It was instantly done with opening ...

Last edited:

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
I got the Carousel by placing the dynamite to reach one or more gold idols along with vases with the higher percentage chance of winning the daily special. Vases with a low percent chance of winning or no gold idols in dynamite range were ignored. Placed correctly you could get four of five items in one dynamite blast.

You missed my point I think, but that's alright.

unveiling of shaded tiles seems to be not quite predictable: when brushing the sand from a tile, the shaded tiles at the diagonal are sometimes unshaded and sometimes not - have seen it occasionally, mostly when stones are above or below. But could not quite verify when the one or other happens. Can't make a screenshot right now, will try later ..

DeletedUser8351

That's strange - a guild member also complained about that, but I was shown a different quest today

#46 Collect your scrolls and exchange them into tools in the event (or something like this - already translated it for myself and don't have the original anymore)

It was instantly done with opening ...
@Amdira Euh .... This sentence we have it every 24 hours ....o_O

Amdira

Baronet
@Amdira Euh .... This sentence we have it every 24 hours ....o_O

Oh ... never realised this before :)

ok I finally got it ... I opened the quest before GE ended - thus it counted the resent GE ... I just had no chance to read the quest as it was done instantly

Last edited: