• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Archaeology Event

Paulikater

Farmer
The game is fun and looks like it might be possible to make it to level 10 without diamonds but it would be close.

Since the Carousel was available today I did spend 200 diamonds since I was a few scrolls short for getting the 330 scroll tool pack and got one carousel quickly.

When first starting the game I wasted a lot of tools trying to figure out how to play the game before I figured out some strategy. Don't bother tying to uncover all the sand. Use the brush to move a couple of tiles to the right then If you you find a column of four or five sand tiles use the shovel to reveal the sand in that column and the two columns on both sides. If there is a row of stone in the middle of the tunnel that just move across the top or bottom of the tunnel and ignore the rest.

Go for the gold idols and leave behind most of the vases. If you try to pick up every item you will run out of tools quickly.

When this game goes live I suggest increasing the number of starting tools.

that´s similar strategy as I have - and I´m at level 8 now for the world fair, halve way to level 9 , so I´m confident to reach final level. But needed a bunch of diamonds as well because I couldn´t reach 600 scrolls in time to spend on search for carousel...
If I would have recognized in time that I have to click on items as well and not only reveal them , I could be level 9 already :/

Do you know meanwhile whether the stuff we can find are placed randomly or whether these places are the same for everyone.
If it is random it may happen of course that someone finds more golden bears than another one which would mean: One player reaches Level 10 easily at the end and another one ends up with level 8 - using the same strategy.

I expect (but maybe hope is a better word) that the total number of golden idols is the same but their locations are different. I suppose it will be easy enough to check when the event hits Live if you have multiple cities. If placement were the same for everyone, I don't doubt someone would come out with a "guide" to the event very early on, telling us the locations of every idol in the dungeon.

DeletedUser

Great - Even @Zarok Dai does not answer on my question. Seems to me that nobody knows it :( .

As far as I know the overall rewards availability will be the same for everyone but the loacations can change, but I will need to confirm the locations with game design tomorrow.

Same for me, no one answered my question :(

Can you please contact me through ingame support. I will need to go through several logs to confirm what is occurring so I can answer your question, thank you.

It will be very difficult to get the building at level 10 without slides. Have done Quest 34 and am at level 4. Got 17 of 20 idols at the moment and then level 5. I also need 330 scrolls to free the idols.

DeletedUser9541

I inadvertently got got two carousels when & thought, oh well, but was pleased to see that is was improved later.
It seems event buildings usually add population. What do people do with continually increasing population if you remain in an Era and aren't building buildings which require more population?
I complete quests, buy 330 scroll packages & explore (then wait). Might it be possible to make scrolls available through additional means; one possible prize in a daily quest or a "tomb entrance" incident that offers scrolls. (finding cheery trees in the field for lanterns was fun)

DeletedUser9410

The mobile release is usually later on, this is always the case I think. In the annoucement for this event it said 'several days'. Please remember this is a beta, a testig area only, the idea is not necessarily that every tester gets to finish the event completely.

Traditionally i have found that it only gets to mobile a few days before the event ends on beta.

Amdira

Baronet
The event is much fun - it's like a mini-game within the game. I'm still not sure whether it will be possible on life server to gain all upgrades for level 10 withoud spending diamonds even with using the tools more wisely. I didn't like the liga version from last events, but without this additional possibility (or something similar) to receive some more final upgrade-kits, it seems difficult, not to say impossible. Whatever. Most disturbing is waiting for enough scrolls for buying a tool package and holding fingers still :D

DeletedUser8090

Have 8 upgrades now (include the one in the end of quest line)
only need one more, did not spend any diamonds.

If you want more upgrades, you need to give up daily specials
save all your tools for better purpose, (moving forward, reveal more sands) instead of getting vases

DeletedUser10008

Just read through all the posts in this thread (new to beta server and to forum), and I don't believe this was addressed yet.

I am a bit confused on the use of the shovel. I know that it only does vertical columns and that stone "blocks" it from going above or below the stone. What is confusing is that I can't use it on a column unless there is a completely uncovered area in that column. Seems strange behavior-wise. Also, it seems like this was working as I expect it would at the beginning of the event, but now it is changed.

So, is this the intended behavior? Or can it be changed to uncover a column with the shovel as long as at least 1 area of the column is ready for sweeping or whatever?

[edited to add . . . ]
To clarify, here is a screenshot. I feel like I should be able to use a shovel on the right-most column, but that is currently not possible

Attachments

• shovel.jpg
    shovel.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8887

I like this event. It's different and fun. Well done! I'm not sure I will be able to get to level 10 without spending diamonds.

My one quibble is that I have a degree in archaeology and worked for 10 years as an archaeologist and never used or even heard of anyone using any dynamite. :)

DeletedUser5097

My one quibble is that I have a degree in archaeology and worked for 10 years as an archaeologist and never used or even heard of anyone using any dynamite.:)
Due the destructive nature of dynamite, I can understand why.:p

I must said about the World's fair... it looks amazing, all of it's levels are great and inspiring. I have
the building currently on lvl 8. The levels up to 7 are looking great and a bit playfull. While lvl 8 and
higher look more permament and feells a bit like Victorian yet also a bit of progressive era style.
Lovely building for it's designe and the great production it has.:D

DeletedUser8277

To clarify, here is a screenshot. I feel like I should be able to use a shovel on the right-most column, but that is currently not possible
The only tool that can be used on sand is the brush. Both the shovel and dynamite need to be on empty tiles. You need to use a brush to clear a single tile, then use the shovel to clear the rest.

Since the beginning this is how it has been for me. I have found multiple opportunities where a column already had an empty tile I could use the shovel to clear the rest on. Unfortunately we can't see the right column coming up or you'd have better ability to plan where to use your brush to line next to an empty square on the upcoming column, for that it's just a matter of happening to get lucky when you pick the correct one.

DeletedUser9537

Great - Even @Zarok Dai does not answer on my question. Seems to me that nobody knows it :( .

Are you talking about the comment you made earlier?

Do you know meanwhile whether the stuff we can find are placed randomly or whether these places are the same for everyone.
If it is random it may happen of course that someone finds more golden bears than another one which would mean: One player reaches Level 10 easily at the end and another one ends up with level 8 - using the same strategy.

If so and to be honest I did not realize it was a question.

I am quite sure there is a list of items and that each item has a % of times it will appear in a random square.

Then each item (different vase) has a list of prizes that can appear inside of it. Each prize has a % of times it can appear in a vase (item).

There is probably an item database to help track payouts. So "theoretically" if every 100th time "This Vase" is supposed to appear it will appear in the 100th square that is cleared in the order it was uncovered based on the number of players uncovering squares at that time.

That is about as random as you can get unless you start processing requests based on white noise...

;) Yes quite deliberately ;)