• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Archaeology Event

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Sure, I hit the same wall. But as dynamite costs 50 scrolls and in 330 package we get them 8, so getting additional 20 brushes and 8 shovels seems like the best deal there is. That was my point, but I may be wrong ;)

Yes, that was my agreement that you don't need to worry about having 'too much dynamite' from that package.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Yeah I had to find out that once you open a tile, the neighboring tiles by that space will light up to show what's in them (up until the stone tiles). Wasted 2 brushes and a shovel just to hit what's left of the tiles thinking it might contain something only to find out there is nothing to be uncovered. I think it's safe to assume that this will be an identifying way to know where and how to use your tools effectively.

DeletedUser9666

:D
Hi!
I´m sorry if you have talk about this, but, how are we going to get the Carousel?
It,s not clear for me.

Apparently, it is a daily special. We get it when we get it. ;)

That said, some general thoughts about Archeology:

1. This is way to fun for only 60 questline items. How about 120? :D
2. This "labyrinth" area looks like it belongs to another game. InnoGames folks, if you got it from another game - that's fine - but can you at least replace those dark granite tiles in the background with another pic that somehow ties to Archeology theme?
One last step to integrate things and make it all look pretty, please?

DeletedUser8090

at quest 45, used all scrolls for 330 package, have 200+ left.
buildings is level 8 now (include the last upgrade from quest line), so only need two more upgrades

no diamond spent

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm quite enjoying the brushing and digging part to see the objects - it's a bit different. So many of the events are the same as last year and the years before (American Football, I'm looking at you) but this is at least a change.
Have to say I thought the little origami animals jumping up & down in the last event rather cute, too...

DeletedUser8807

at quest 45, used all scrolls for 330 package, have 200+ left.
buildings is level 8 now (include the last upgrade from quest line), so only need two more upgrades

no diamond spent
Wow how did you do that? I'm only in the 4th upgrade and I've tried to do the same as you on the tool pkg's. I don't find the idols are that generously given! (found) And the carousel which as been asked about several times with no response means I guess no one knows! Probably will be a one-shot deal when all the extra scolls have run out.........

Umbrathor

Baronet
Love the archelogy mini-game. One of the most fun event games I've played, probably ever. I'm glad this one challenges you to play tactically.
It took me a whle to figue out how it works though. In hindsight,m the descriptions are good enough, but they were not clear enpough when I started. I didn't understand that the spade and dynamite ONLY work on empty-tiles-that-have-no-sand-in-them-and-are-unshadowed.

A litle tutorial game or video would have been helpful and seems easy enough to provide. A video especially.

The event building is gorgeous, but rather unwieldy. I'm not sure I can afford to place it in all my worlds, despite the looks and excellent stats.

Glad this event does not have divisions. Good challenges. All in all, if doing all the quests and playing strategically esnures winning a full upgrade, then this an excellent event!

Silveralius

Squire
So Archeology Event.
Nice buildings, nice idea. But a lot problems.
I do not like this event. Because.
Sometime I spend tools for nothing.
When I don't click on the uncovered figurine, vase or tools, but I clear (open) the new line then I lose it. Without any warning. They are gone. That is bad.
The vases, are random and rewards in vases, are random this is next level of random hell of random.
Sometimes game get stuck. I click on vase and no reward appear. I must reload game and try again... Annoying.

This is the worst event i have ever play for over the last 5 years...

DeletedUser8362

So Archeology Event.
Nice buildings, nice idea. But a lot problems.
I do not like this event. Because.
Sometime I spend tools for nothing.
When I don't click on the uncovered figurine, vase or tools, but I clear (open) the new line then I lose it. Without any warning. They are gone. That is bad.
The vases, are random and rewards in vases, are random this is next level of random hell of random.
Sometimes game get stuck. I click on vase and no reward appear. I must reload game and try again... Annoying.

This is the worst event i have ever play for over the last 5 years...

I think the Event is excellent (tho getting enough icons for lvl 10 looks a bit too hard).. the worst event EVER was the Carnival one...

DeletedUser8351

Hello, I'm looking for players playing on beta and that would help me to complete my table of different ages : IA (Iron Age) - EMA - HMA - LMA - CA ... ; to transmit correctly on the main server, so I'm looking for beta volunteers.
I hope to have some volunteers ;-)

Good afternoon :-D

Last edited by a moderator: