• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Archaeology Event

DeletedUser9410

Yes, it does, but for those whose first language isn't english, it's still a bit confusing. I understood half of it and learned the rest by try and error. Maybe a video showing the use of the tools might be helpful.
Anyway - I really like this event up to now - just hoping there will be enough rolls to play it 24/7

Yes i agree, the brush was easy enough, but working out how to use the shovel and dynamite was tricky, i messed up badly and wasted a lot, also opened Everything before i realized if you hover over the pots you can see whats inside. What an idiot :( ah well its a learning experience and when it goes live i will know better.
I am enjoying it so far but 8 hr production quest so early in the event is a bit rough, just getting into it and now have to wait 8 hours before i can continue.:eek:
Something that might be nice is if we can find scrolls in our wilderness around our city as incidents, much like the Cherry Tree Blossoms. ( just a thought )

The Worlds Fair building looks very cheery and colorful even at lvl 1,

DeletedUser9384

Very cool event... nice change from the recurring events of past couple years...
Downside -- diamond to scroll purchase ratios are ridiculous... 700 diamonds doesn't even give you enough scrolls to buy the jumbo pack of tools?
I am all for buying diamonds to support Inno. but wouldn't spend/waste money/diamonds on scrolls at current ratios, not enough game play back.

Unfortunately, it will go away at the end of the event. Maybe somehow Inno could keep the general mechanics of the mini-game and incorporate it into a more repeatable game function that can stick around after the event's over? That would be a fun new addition.

Maybe it could be incorporated somehow into Egyptian Cultural Settlements. Archaeology seems a natural fit.

DeletedUser8168

well I have played 15 questlines and done it with a lot of thought so far ....But I am not seeing a lvl 10 with the present setup without being forced to spend a ton of Diamonds and I mean alot more than a couple thousand ..........so I guess this is another reward the RICH and to heck with the poor on pensions or with limited resources and that is a little sad ....it is something new and interesting

DeletedUser9169

well I have played 15 questlines and done it with a lot of thought so far ....But I am not seeing a lvl 10 with the present setup without being forced to spend a ton of Diamonds and I mean alot more than a couple thousand ..........so I guess this is another reward the RICH and to heck with the poor on pensions or with limited resources and that is a little sad ....it is something new and interesting

Are you picking up the just the golden idols or all the artifacts? At first I wasted a lot of tools figuring out the best strategy and realized you don't need to remove all the sand or pick up every artifact. With just picking up only the golden idols I agree that level 10 may not be reachable.

1BFA

Viceroy
Are you picking up the just the golden idols or all the artifacts? At first I wasted a lot of tools figuring out the best strategy and realized you don't need to remove all the sand or pick up every artifact. With just picking up only the golden idols I agree that level 10 may not be reachable.

If you want the daily special (today sok), then you need to pickup artifacts, if you don't care about daily special then you don't have to open them. Also as someone mentioned earlier, you can hover over the artifact to see what is in it.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I just did another 330 scroll tool package and got 25 idols from it for a total of 73 from 3 packages plus the starting tools. If we say that every quest continues to give 30 scrolls : 30 * 60 = 1800 + 600 * 2 from milestones = 3000 scrolls, enough for 9 330 packages. At 24 idols each this would make for 216 idols won - or almost 11 grand prizes. Assuming the pattern continues of (upgrade)-(non-upgrade)-(upgrade)-repeat, you need 10 grand prizes to get the 7 upgrades to finish your first level 10. It seems likely you should be able to finish your first one off that alone. I'm not sure if there's a daily login quest or how much you get for it if so - but that should get you part-way towards your 2nd.

In general 4k diamonds buys 1000 scrolls which buys 3 330 scroll tool packages. If we say this gets you 70 idols on average then it's a bit less than 60 diamonds per idol.

It takes 9 upgrades at 2 per 3 grand prizes or 13.5 grand prizes per extra level 10 world's fair you want or about 270 idols. Average cost for a full extra level 10 world's fair should be around 16k diamonds.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9384

ya that's way too much to spend... I'm cool getting to level 8 without spending a paycheck to get there :p

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
ya that's way too much to spend... I'm cool getting to level 8 without spending a paycheck to get there :p

That's for a 2nd one if you *just* managed to finish the first one with the free scrolls (and more than that should be possible).

LordVaderIII

Marquis
Please add happiness equal to the population to the World's Fair building. It's somewhat annoying to have to put down happiness buildings to balance out event buildings.

qaccy

Emperor
Please add happiness equal to the population to the World's Fair building. It's somewhat annoying to have to put down happiness buildings to balance out event buildings.

Balancing out population with happiness is a fundamental aspect of the game. Why the expectation that event buildings should do the work for you by providing their own happiness? Are their other benefits not already good enough?

LordVaderIII

Marquis
Balancing out population with happiness is a fundamental aspect of the game. Why the expectation that event buildings should do the work for you by providing their own happiness? Are their other benefits not already good enough?
Some of the other event buildings have happiness = population. Thought it would be nice if this one did too.

DeletedUser9537

Seriously? Okee Dokee... Still a cheap knockoff of that "Other" game that shall remain "Unnamed" :p

DeletedUser9263

I have a feeling that many of us wont be able to get to a level 10 fair... 20 idol dolls to complete a level is a big ask

They have a couple 600 scroll awards throughout the quest that it should be fairly easy without diamonds, so long as you stay on top of the event and not wait until the final week. Most likely, we will be able to get it to level 10 and maybe another level 2 or 3 WF before the event is over. Just enough to convince you to get two. :D