• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Archaeology Event

DeletedUser9410

In general, coins are used more often than supplies. But each one may have different needs at the city.

absolutely agree, Me, i need supplies everywhere, lol. But im happy with whatever it gives, extra coins wont go to waste, can always buy FP if needed. :)

DeletedUser8859

FYI Rotunda gives attack %, whereas Carousel is for city defense
Thanks, noticed and corrected post. As Lionhead replied, Tiger Den is a better example .
The Monastery is still good, 20% vs just 8% from Carousel.

DeletedUser9570

I'd like to know how many quests there are and if they're seperated into quck quests and daily quests. :)

DeletedUser

Just replace at the city the any other 3x3 with less than 8% by the new Carousel (8%).
You seem to know much better than me what is in my city. I don't waste space for 3x3 with a solo defense bonus and certainly not for only happiness buildings any size, as I have 120k spare happiness without them. Though building is sweet and nice and I would put it somewhere with pleasure if it gave something useful. Like attack bonus or even goods.

DeletedUser8859

Hey all,

Sorry, I've added a clarifying line to the announcement. Scrolls are the basic event currency for the Archaeology event. You earn scrolls by completing quests, both daily quests and rush quests. You use the Scrolls to purchase tools (Brush, Shovels and Dynamite) which in turn you use to clear the tomb.

I'd like to know how many quests there are and if they're seperated into quck quests and daily quests. :)

Check post from Sovereign, " both daily quests and rush quests" I think that is equivalent to "quck quests and daily quests."

Andi47

Overlord
Some questions about the mechanics (on the example of the screenshot given in the announcement):
NewEventWindowBeta.png

• if there is any item (i.e. vase, tool, idol) under the sand, would I always see the half-buried item? Or in other words, if I see just sand on a tile, there is definitively nothing in it (such as above the brush)?
  • do I assume correctly that if you uncover the idol on the right, the map would scroll right?
  • if you use the dynamite e.g. on the tile northeast of the brush (or even directly on a half-buried item), would the half-buried vase be uncovered, or would the explosion destroy it?
  • do I assume correctly, that the tunnel, which contains the uncovered brush and vase, was done with a shovel?
  • does the shovel work in both, horizontal and vertical directions, depending in which direction I attempt to dig?
  • does the map also scroll up or down, if I reach the respective edge by digging, or does it just scroll right when I reach the right edge?
  • a question which was asked on page 1, but I didn't see an answer: Would the dynamite also remove stone tiles?

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
@Sovereign Indeed, it is not noted the number of total quests and if it passes in daily quests at a given moment. If we could have the answer it would be nice
There are 60 quests in total. 39 rush quests, 21 daily quests. I'll add this info to the announcement.
What is the effect of the tool "Dynamite" on the Stone Tiles? The announcement seems to me that have a small contradiction.

From part of the announcement:
Use the tools at your disposal to clear sand from tiles to uncover buried treasures, however, you can't clear stone tiles, so make sure you plan ahead to use your tools effectively.
Then, the Dynamite tool cant clear a Stone tile?

But in another section:

Dynamite - Use Dynamite on an empty tile to clear all of the surrounding tiles.
Does "all" include Stone tiles located in the surrounding tiles? Or not?
The stone can't be cleared at all under any circumstances. I'll clarify in the announcement.
Some questions about the mechanics (on the example of the screenshot given in the announcement):

if there is any item (i.e. vase, tool, idol) under the sand, would I always see the half-buried item? Or in other words, if I see just sand on a tile, there is definitively nothing in it (such as above the brush)?
A tile which is unshaded (like the one above the brush) and appears empty is empty. A tile which is shaded (like the one above and below the idol) may include a prize.
do I assume correctly that if you uncover the idol on the right, the map would scroll right?
Yes, thats correct. The window shifts to the right once you clear a path from one end to another.
if you use the dynamite e.g. on the tile northeast of the brush (or even directly on a half-buried item), would the half-buried vase be uncovered, or would the explosion destroy it?

Uncovered only, you can't destroy treasures, only uncover them. The Dynamite's appeal is its wide range impact.
do I assume correctly, that the tunnel, which contains the uncovered brush and vase, was done with a shovel?

No, shovels clear columns, not rows. The tunnel was done with multiple brushes.
does the shovel work in both, horizontal and vertical directions, depending in which direction I attempt to dig?

See above :)
does the map also scroll up or down, if I reach the respective edge by digging, or does it just scroll right when I reach the right edge?

No, just to the right. You're getting deeper in to the tomb, and think of it as a corridor :D
a question which was asked on page 1, but I didn't see an answer: Would the dynamite also remove stone tiles?

Thanks for your questions so far, you're helping me a lot to shape the live announcement better :D

Richard

DeletedUser9573

... Yes, it is 6x4, pretty big for an event building, but the rewards at level 10 are higher than what a Terrace Farm gives, so it may end built at many cities (provided players manage to find/win enough upgrade kits). In my opinion I prefer event buildings to be 16 squares or maybe up to 20 squares in size.

@Darrth Eugene Vader
How could you know about the Stats of the Building before the Event even has started ??

DeletedUser

In TE it gives 10 PR and 10 goods... someone has stats for VF?

Mr.Quib

Squire
I received the 'Shovel' achievement after using one shovel. It appears to be an event achievement and states it's at its highest level now, so I guess this isn't intended behaviour.

DeletedUser

Same. fp and goods are never different from one age to another. A/D, pop, supp and coin are, but never fp´s and the amount of goods.
Thanks :) Someone somewhere mentioned about 9 FPs, so I was wondering if it changes with age. That would be something new.

DeletedUser8351

There are 60 quests in total. 39 rush quests, 21 daily quests. I'll add this info to the announcement.

The stone can't be cleared at all under any circumstances. I'll clarify in the announcement.

A tile which is unshaded (like the one above the brush) and appears empty is empty. A tile which is shaded (like the one above and below the idol) may include a prize.
Yes, thats correct. The window shifts to the right once you clear a path from one end to another.

Uncovered only, you can't destroy treasures, only uncover them. The Dynamite's appeal is its wide range impact.

No, shovels clear columns, not rows. The tunnel was done with multiple brushes.

No, just to the right. You're getting deeper in to the tomb, and think of it as a corridor :D

Thanks for your questions so far, you're helping me a lot to shape the live announcement better :D

Richard
@Sovereign Thank you for all his answers