• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Archaeology Event

DeletedUser8277

Pardon my stupidity but I cannot figure out this event perhaps someone could enlighten me?

We take the scrolls we get through events then turn those into the tools to bash the ground? However if I'm reading this right if you use the wrong tool you'll get blocked and it seems the only right tool to use so you don't get blocked is the dynamite? So then what are the others for? Unless you have to use certain tools for certain things? Do the lines of what is by what mean anything? Sorry it just seems very overly complicated without enough instruction. I think this needed much more than the typical splash screen and almost a full tutorial but I could always just be an idiot not seeing the forrest through the trees. I'm looking forward to other's explanations because so far I can't make heads or tails our of it.

The fully upgraded worlds fair looks amazing at 10FP. Amazing enough to stock up on a 5 year supply of diamonds to get additional ones but unfortunately amazing enough I don't see those stats staying as is.

Owl II

Emperor
Who broke the CM? We won't have free diamonds now...
And it's sad. Because this event is amazing. I can't leave him like a child.:p

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Pardon my stupidity but I cannot figure out this event perhaps someone could enlighten me?

We take the scrolls we get through events then turn those into the tools to bash the ground? However if I'm reading this right if you use the wrong tool you'll get blocked and it seems the only right tool to use so you don't get blocked is the dynamite? So then what are the others for? Unless you have to use certain tools for certain things? Do the lines of what is by what mean anything? Sorry it just seems very overly complicated without enough instruction. I think this needed much more than the typical splash screen and almost a full tutorial but I could always just be an idiot not seeing the forrest through the trees. I'm looking forward to other's explanations because so far I can't make heads or tails our of it.

The fully upgraded worlds fair looks amazing at 10FP. Amazing enough to stock up on a 5 year supply of diamonds to get additional ones but unfortunately amazing enough I don't see those stats staying as is.

The brush clears one tile adjacent to your already cleared path. This is your main tool for going forward.

The shovel clears a column (until blocked by stone) from an already cleared tile. This is good for collecting a bunch of tiles on columns without stone and giving you options for your next step forward.

The dynamite clears everything adjacent to an already cleared tile in your path. It's great if after a shovel clear you see some stuff you want to collect behind that column as well as you can also be clearing forward while you collect what's backward.

Remember to click on the things you clear to collect them. Not sure what happens if they fall off the left side of the screen. Autocollect? Or lost forever?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
As to my own feedback:

I think this is possibly the most interesting new event in a long while. I'll likely primarily be playing just for the grand prizes and ignoring vases as I don't expect there'll be daily specials that appeal to me (certainly not the new carousel - and having plenty of the usual prizes already) - which is fine - it does save some amount of tools to just chase idols.

I got 28 idols (edit: maybe it was 48...) from 660 scrolls worth of tools. Will have to wait and see what the grand prize rotation looks like to get an idea of whether level 10 is feasible, what a second one would cost.

Last edited:

Piotr015

Squire
First Grand Prizes are WF Upgrade -> Wishing Weel -> WF Upgrade -> WF Upgrade -> SoK -> WF Upgrade - maybe there are more Upgrades this event just to make it possible to get lvl 10 :)

conqueror9

Regent
1. Inno should provide a description on the right side indicating how to read those "tiles", which one is stone, which one is sand... any specific meaning
2. " if there is a stone tile in the way, it will be blocked from reaching any tiles below or above it. ", it means we can access area under stone, "how" ?
the description is also need
3. previous post state it can move vertical and horizontal, how ?
4. The annoucement indicate "cannot go back" ... it seems we can move to the "right side" , "how far of that move", how can we know "we have clear the left side" and I do not see any indication or button allowing us to move "right"
5. How depth can we move down ? how do we know we reach the bottom ?
6. Is that a edge in both side ...instead of horiztal stone, there is vertical stone ?
7. if we place a item of "brush" or "shovel" or "dynamtic" on a "stone tile" and it do not clear anything, does it return that items to us... < bear in mind, inno do not give any description "see above", so player may use "items" wrongly ... it is inno fault>
8. I suppose treasure will not gone, suppose ground..no treasure, basement 1 get treasure, basement 2 ..no treasure, basement 3..treasure..basement 4, 5 no treausre, basement 6...bottom ...when i use "shovel", i will get 2 treasures without damage, and hole will down basement 6. in that tile
9. when using "dynamite", region of impact should also be displayed so player can find out where to place "dynamtic" is the best outcome

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
2. " if there is a stone tile in the way, it will be blocked from reaching any tiles below or above it. ", it means we can access area under stone, "how" ?

You move around the stone sections :
upload_2019-4-9_4-44-24.png

greyed out tiles are not currently available to me (and the contents of greyed out sand is unknown until you've cleared a path beside it).

For plausible next moves here:

i could dynamite the open square in the 2nd column from the right - this would clear the idol and the brush adjacent to there as well as the greyed out tile above the idol. It would not clear the stone (stone cannot be cleared).

i could instead of dynamiting, brush the brush to see if the bottom currently greyed-out tile is worth anything (and replace the brush in the process) and then brush the idol.

if i had a lot of shovels (i do find them hardest to use up), I could shovel the same tile I talked about dynamiting, clearing the brush, the square above, and the greyed out square at the bottom of the column whatever it may contain.

Both brushing the idol, or dynamiting the open square next to it would clear at least one square in the right-most column so the left-most column will scroll away and I'll get a new right-most column.

conqueror9

Regent
thanks for your description..
BUT I AM A FOOL, i do not understand
it seems there is 6 different tiles, they needl legend attached to the right side for player to read (not to remember )

it seems u are telling me..not to touch right side..
once you clear right side, it will auto move right, and you will lost "the most left side", we need to handle the left side 1st

now, I have 2 new question

(A) does the Map show a plan view or vertical view ?

(B) what is "stone section" ?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
thanks for your description..
BUT I AM A FOOL, i do not understand
it seems there is 6 different tiles, they needl legend attached to the right side for player to read (not to remember )

it seems u are telling me..not to touch right side..
once you clear right side, it will auto move right, and you will lost "the most left side", we need to handle the left side 1st

now, I have 2 new question

(A) does the Map show a plan view or vertical view ?

(B) what is "stone section" ?

stone:

upload_2019-4-9_5-10-33.png

And you don't need to clear everything - only the tiles that have stuff you want - so you *do* want to clear something on the right once you're done with what you want from the left.

DeletedUser9995

Sorry, ich verstehe nicht, wie diese Aufgaben zu lösen sind.
wenn ich auf die Schaufel klicke, habe ich die Schaufel auf der Mausanzeige - doch auf dem Feld tut sich gar nix.
offensichtlich bin ich zu doof :-(

conqueror9

Regent
Will we get an expansion during the event? I feel like we need one already.

yes, u get expansion by using "diamond assign for player in this event" to buy 1 diamond expansion
if and only if u still has a diamond expansion available and the "diamond assign" is sufficient for u to buy

Note: I do not get any "diamond assign" ...hope it is late
and
any event do not give any expansion

Feanor II

Baronet
Only spent a couple minutes on it so far (up until the 8-hour production quest) but I really like the fact that the Event window has a strategy element to it instead of just clicking. Reminds of Minesweeper, one of my all time favorite games