• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Archaeology Event - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser9937

Game needs rethinking before released to wider playing audience. There have been some great suggestions here to improve it. Make it doable that a player can reach level 10 by completing all the quests as in past competitions. Either add more idols to win, or low the number of idols needed to attain Grand prizes.

DeletedUser9541

The Carousel changed after release to provide defense and attack. The introduction for Archaeology on live servers list it as 8% defense (only).

DeletedUser10013

I almost fell out of my chair when INNO showed the graphic with 78 brushes, 92 shovels, and 80 dynamite LOL Funnier was the 50K scrolls, all meant to entice us to play the game and spend diamonds to ever hope of reaching Level 10 ??

And it's so nice they did nothing AGAIN about the tool packs, prices, and quantities if you go by the intro graphics. But I really doubt the live will be any different from the intro graphics, we shall see.....

DeletedUser8277

I really loved this event. I do hope there are some tweeks made before it goes live, mainly more scrolls. I think that would solve a lot of the issues people are mentioning from not being able to play for days at a time and not getting the grand prize.

On the grand prize I really wish I had paid attention to how many free beta diamonds I spent, I think it was in the realm of 6K pretty much everything I've had saved for the last year. With that I managed the full building and 1 extra upgrade after finishing all the quests. I skipped almost every vase and focused entirely on idols. I grabbed a vase if it happened to be uncovered but otherwise wasted no resources on them. While I did waste a fair amount at the beginning it seems clear to me the full building would be highly unlikely without diamonds even with zero waste.

To answer someones question from awhile back if you uncover something, forget to collect it and the screen shifts right what you uncovered will automatically collect. That shows you how much I was paying attention to the vases. I'm tempted to buy diamonds if they put scrolls on sale for live because I really did enjoy playing this but would only do so if I could actually get another Fair for a 'Fair' price, hahaha puns.

Emberguard

Emperor
Will the carousel get the bonus on attack only in beta? will there be nothing outside the defense on the other servers?
The announcements are in the process of being corrected

They should be getting the attack

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/archaeology-event.37593/#post-374786
The event ends on May 22nd. I've also amended the announcement to include the fact that the carousel also includes an attack bonus for your city as well as defence.

DeletedUser8351

I did not manage to go to level 10 and I still have 12 idols to find and zero scrolls in stock
Goodbye my level 1 :(

DeletedUser9761

I waited 5 days until today to get the final 330 tool pack and left off at 8 idols on the 50 forge pack GP. I have to mention that I did spend all my previous scrolls for the last Carousel of which I got 8. With the last tool pack I got the 50 Fps but that was it. I didn't get half way for the next WF upgrade and I was only looking for Idols which seemed very limited on the last day. With all that said I finished at level 8. I like the event as one of the best I have played. With a few more balance changes to get a level 10 without spending diamonds, INNO has a great event. Thank you.

DeletedUser9779

I waited 5 days until today to get the final 330 tool pack and left off at 8 idols on the 50 forge pack GP. I have to mention that I did spend all my previous scrolls for the last Carousel of which I got 8. With the last tool pack I got the 50 Fps but that was it. I didn't get half way for the next WF upgrade and I was only looking for Idols which seemed very limited on the last day. With all that said I finished at level 8. I like the event as one of the best I have played. With a few more balance changes to get a level 10 without spending diamonds, INNO has a great event. Thank you.

Right there with you picman. I spent the most idols on days of Carousel and Temple of Knowledge dailys. I was able to play pretty much from the start of the event, even though Inno still has not seen the wisdom of doing these events from day one on mobile also, through Puffin browser so lack of scrolls was not an issue. I did spend some diamonds, though, but not much and was only able to get my WF up to level 8 with 5 scrolls left over. Got the 50 FPs and part of the way through the next upgrade.

Needs a few more balance changes so people can get a level 10 without buying diamonds and this would be a hit with people, even with the building being so big. With the diamond packages being lowered, no way to get extra scrolls but through the quest line milestones, Inno needs to do some balancing not only on this event but on all up coming events.

DeletedUser10047

The announcements are in the process of being corrected

They should be getting the attack
If I understand correctly, the Carousel's attack bonus applies only to an attacking army, while the defense bonus applies only to city defense. Is that the case?

DeletedUser8807

Well Got to level 8 and almost half the 50 pf pkg and that was all for me. Spent all my beta diamonds and 2000 + . tried to do everything everyone said and still no 10th level; I'm very disappointed!! It's coming on my live server in another day or so and honestly I don't think I'm going to bother so much.....If I can't get it on Beta I certainly aint gonna on live! WAAAAAAY too expensive. Too Bad because it was fun.

DeletedUser9490

I'm disappointed. Although I spent about 2000 diamonds, I ended up on level 8.
The problem was in strategy. I unnecessarily opened the vases and got worthless winnings. Instead, I should concentrate on idols. If I knew it, I probably could have reached level 10.
But I know it now, after the event. Which was otherwise pretty nice.

DeletedUser9570

Your so-called re-balancing was, obvioously, faulty. It is now almost impossible to reach level 10. You should have left it as it was.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Your so-called re-balancing was, obvioously, faulty. It is now almost impossible to reach level 10. You should have left it as it was.
On my world (.fr), without diamonds I am at 19/20 to have the last upgrade (counting that of the last quest). It remains a week, so it is easy for everyone to have 9 upgrades.
52CNwgTsw0IEVA7jhY_iEsXAbLnb7PIJbGthjQc4nQRf67DA_uZlgdxo_EUXM1OqOBk73J76wXYc25AP5OAtFl5g4RTp8P9ZHyE5J_5xsoG2pLjUmELXQOL1o9y0ZWVPu9Ee_RBeaRR7gY0Q5aCBBcqx0vvvKzGfddVVQMhWdXAAV6LXAJl6aaQrE_caN2VYey9ie0Gvc17ccHom_jTjm3HQsG3EvNbF16ueGWvt39iv771GMmkVxB86RQrZPJPWYlW-Ndpogt_kRw10t2iVIJYJhPuUPkoZHZ_y8emj7uknWa3nZZ97iRNedBIJTk8eaBnqht_wIoCpnkGdF1Q9rrRSo6bZ5xd_2IrWQ4HImHUoymLvTgCD9BNNG8T0bYK5maKlXbUMYs6PImVbwlMXwVWZfEk0CeV8aNgeMJ3jBV2Piv9zTEzrwizeUYvnjf73Z3oTu268eFrtBuD_gSFlhk_Ae0LyQufULXgI5bVLw0085hZtxOA94pJ3_D2dYtbobM_O3A5kT52e9dPkss8bIUXrlxm11qoe48dgmyZsDdUmtJC2ZQXEyc-8fuu12b3iMcp5JBXXSknWZMBgWGbkaFotpEQOW8WJKYDQ7M_OxiuXjMjjjneohSfbOQk28OpXMkIHVoLo6SU_7jD39eA_ARE188McPZEUF58EHrIB6U_z-A4lA9EhaT6_A2XWVZXjxmgVGZFJ0wyqPKhEVMraX6rr=w621-h400-no