• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Archaeology Event - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Please leave any feedback on the event balancing changes in this thread.
The details of the changes can be found here.

Ran through 1 330 tool package - didn't really feel much different from before - Got 22 idols from it which is within the range i was getting before. Of course I'm not really looking for specials so I wouldn't have noticed the lowered drop rate.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Ran through 1 330 tool package - didn't really feel much different from before - Got 22 idols from it which is within the range i was getting before. Of course I'm not really looking for specials so I wouldn't have noticed the lowered drop rate.
"I wanted to let everyone know that with tomorrow's daily update"

DeletedUser

Yes, the changes will not take affect until tomorrow's daily update, 17th April :)

"Lowered the Daily Special chance from avg 11% to 7.5%"
"Slightly reduced the appearance of rewards and progress points per tile screen"

I don't understand why this is even worse than it was before. I used everything when the carousel came. One I got .. And now the chance was again reduced by a third?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
"Lowered the Daily Special chance from avg 11% to 7.5%"
"Slightly reduced the appearance of rewards and progress points per tile screen"

I don't understand why this is even worse than it was before. I used everything when the carousel came. One I got .. And now the chance was again reduced by a third?

I'd presume the idea is that since it was widely expressed that the minigame was fun and people wanted to play it more they're increasing the free tools you uncover so you can 'play more' but they want to keep the rewards to your city about the same so they lowered them at the same time.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I'd have to see the actual data/odds to back this up, but theoretically, if the drop rate of tools was increased just the right amount proportional to the odds of getting a daily special, then the odds would be essentially the same to get the special. An increase in tools means more vases can be unlocked. It would just, like said above, make the minigame more playable. Of course, since we don't know the actual drop rates, this may not be the case, but it would be cool if it was.

DeletedUser9537

Way too many Champion Retreats today. I got 4 in a row, they were all from a golden/black vase with what looked like a cartouche on it.

DeletedUser9994

Any news on when we will see the event on mobiles?
Seems like the firstcouple of days have been and gone.

Andi47

Overlord
We very much want to know how the event 'feels' with the changes, and does progress seem to be attainable or still too difficult.

well...
  • Lowered the Daily Special chance from avg 11% to 7.5%
  • Slightly reduced the appearance of rewards and progress points per tile screen

why should it feel more attainable when the rebalancing was made to make the event less attainable?

DeletedUser8807

Wow! Let's make it harder......
First of all I really like playing this event. It's Fun. That is once, of course, you finally understand how it works with the tools, which many have suggested a need of a better explanation, myself included. First 600scrolls lost blindly fumbling in the dark of the digs! Second 600 scrolls putting everything everyone has suggested here on the forum into practice. Spent diamonds on more tools because I 'suddenly' got in a luckly spot filled with Idols..... and I am finally on level 5... Did get 2 carousels.
Now how is lowering the odds gonna make it better? I don't see myself getting to level 10 and I've SPENT the diamonds. More tools? That's an excellent idea

But I think the Biggest need is MORE scolls!!! 80 per day=4 days before buying best package of tools or 80/d=1shovel,4brushes or 2shovels 1brush or 8brushes. Don't get very far..... and what does "slightly reduce the apperance of rewards and progress points" mean? It's already hard enough , I've used the shovel on a columm of sand that looked empty just to move on and it was filled with 3 things. (that's usually not the case) The last 2 days I have found 1 idol!

I would love to get that thrill of antcipation of finding scolls hidden around my city like cherry trees.........................

DeletedUser4446

Even though the average results might add up to being the same, lowering the % chance of winning dailies does increase variance. Which means more players will be "unlucky" and come up empty and become frustrated again. Not a fan.

Amdira

Baronet
Although I don't understand how reducing chances should be an improvement - in this case I don't really care, as the only daily price of interest is the carousel and for the rest you have to go for the golden idols in first place anyway.

El-Empecinado

Merchant
Hi, I know it's not the right place.
but I have no other option, after contacting the support and not receiving a response.
It is possible, that here is visualized before, my problem.
since this morning, once the server is updated I can not enter the game, does it happen to more people?

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
Hey,

We're looking in to this issue. In the meantime, it only appears to impact Flash, so if you select to enable HTML5 on the login screen, it should at least temporarily resolve the issue.

Thanks
Richard
Community Manager

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Hey,

We're looking in to this issue. In the meantime, it only appears to impact Flash, so if you select to enable HTML5 on the login screen, it should at least temporarily resolve the issue.

Community Manager
Where on the login screen? I don't see it as I only get to this:
Error-login.jpg
I'm already playing HTML5 but it seem to also effect HTML5, also on live servers

Last edited: