• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Anniversary Event 2023

Titantropo

Farmer
This event was fun and easy here on Beta. I've spent diamonds to buy a big energy set and a medium one. I got not only the normal 10 levels, but also the extra. On the live servers, I spent 18k diamonds on two worlds (9k each) and could only get 9 levels. It seems some worlds are rigged so the players can't win at all.

Nah, actually @MooingCat had a good strategy for St. Patrick's day too. It didn't take hours daily till the end of the event. Just 1-2 daily logins or so. It only took about 4-5 towns or so to maxing out the grand building with opening all chests each city: 4-5x selection kits + 2 levels from quests + 2-ish upgrades from milestones. On top of that 1 of those where the introduction town. Which didn't take much time or effort to complete. This event was far more intensive. Requiring 4 boards to complete without fail daily + sticking exactly to the 100-150 energy per board approach. DC isn't just clicking. Sure you can downplay it to that but really it ain't for most. It's also a daily chore of this event.
With this strategy you might be right. Mine was to make max number of cities, means 17+ for full building.

Lindsay

Merchant
it probably hasn't even been a year since these "gold levels" for buildings were introduced and we don't know for sure but I'm wondering, in a year, in the same events, will it be possible to get all these gold updates without payment? will it be available for everyone as a daily prize or what's the plan?

I desperately need more key master's workshops... i need it

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
it probably hasn't even been a year since these "gold levels" for buildings were introduced and we don't know for sure but I'm wondering, in a year, in the same events, will it be possible to get all these gold updates without payment? will it be available for everyone as a daily prize or what's the plan?

I desperately need more key master's workshops... i need it
it's not even been 3 months for golden levels. St Patrick's Day was the first golden level - and won't even be that telling because its top regular level makes the final upgrade.

Keymasters weren't golden-level though, they were premium only - and that *has* been going on for over a year. At least one of the premium-only buildings have made it into the following year's epic kits (insect hotel in wildlife kit). But it does remain to be seen whether any of the ones that are actually notably stronger than your average building will receive that treatment.

You'll probably need to wait til next anniversary event to know for sure what they'll do with keymaster's workshop.

CrashBoom

Legend
next year the keymaster's workshop will be replaced with a better building :rolleyes:
and that will again be in the premium pass o_O

At least one of the premium-only buildings have made it into the following year's epic kits
and one premium-only building didn't even make it to the same event in the following year: the Forge Fountain o_O
(released summer event 2022 but not in summer event 2023)

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Panda Shrine WAS in some aspects, but they nerfed it.
It still is in some aspects. Panda Shrine is the more all-round building where phantom tower is more of a dedicated military building. I think which you prefer would depend on how you play. Though most players who aren't buying an entire city of one building would go "why not both?"

That said, I think we've just seen a jump to a new plateau of where they want event buildings to be. It'll hopefully be at least a couple years before we start seeing things that are clearly-way-better. Probably just see almost-equally-good-but-different for a while (buccaneer's bay also fits into this ; maybe slightly worse than phantom tower and panda shrine, but in a way that's a little different, and still significantly better than what came before them).

canelle51

Farmer
I think it's not normal not to get the full evolution of a building when all the quests have been completed. It happens more and more often :crazy::crazy::crazy:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
insect hotel in wildlife
It’s probably not very helpful but at live the 1st daily special where insect hotels. So, I wouldn’t be very surprised if the key masters show up next year as a daily special.
and one premium-only building didn't even make it to the same event in the following year: the Forge Fountain o_O
(released summer event 2022 but not in summer event 2023)
That’s a big bummer indeed. Since the blue galaxy equivalent did show up later. Though I payed little intention to it. I got a theory that might be false, since it’s speculative. I suspect they didn’t reuse the Forge fountain cause the forgotten also provides 20%:fpboost:. Among other benefits, it last a whopping 28d, is renewable and can be obtained without spending cash. Competing with that might prove too difficult. Although I think the appeal of spending cash in the Forge fountain or having it as a daily special, is that it’s more accessible. Since not everyone manages to beat GE5.