• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Anniversary Event 2023

estrid

Baronet
I can't figure out what is it with these broken keys...
Foe_beta_AV_broken_keys.jpg

If I click one those with a full key, which could be converted to 3 keys, start to blink to be merged with. The red one with a broken key I got when I merged two exactly the same looking jewels with broken keys, i.e. two broken keys did not make one full key piece.

mmm the in-game instructions are pretty good.... but ill take a crack at it...
  1. Click Spawner button
  2. click newly spawned gem
  3. matching gems will highlight a shade of purple
  4. choose the matching gem you just combined
  5. select that new gem, see step 3
  6. do this until you get your gem to a 3 key mega gem
  7. click 3key gem and drop into Converter to collect those keys.
  8. look at the 3 key chest to the right, for the most part buy the most expensive chest.
  9. RINSE and REPEAT
  10. do not try to complete the board.
  11. Mooingcat made a good suggestion to only refresh the board 3 times a day (i think he said 3, he might have said 2 times)
so thats the basic rundown. you need to pay attn to the two key parts as well, to make them a combined key, that's around step 3 and 4.

if i missed something the smarter players will be along shortly to correct me ;)
5.5 If you have 1 full key gem, you can combine it with half key or "empty" gem to get 3 key gem

In general, after few minigames I kinda like this event, it's bit complex at first glance but once you get used to its mechanics it's fun.

Last edited:
I can't figure out what is it with these broken keys...
View attachment 8906

If I click one those with a full key, which could be converted to 3 keys, start to blink to be merged with. The red one with a broken key I got when I merged two exactly the same looking jewels with broken keys, i.e. two broken keys did not make one full key piece.
You need to combine upper with lower key parts to get full key. On attached picture if you have 1 full key gem, you can combine it with half key gem to get 3 key gem. No matter if it's upper or lower half.

estrid

Baronet
You need to combine upper with lower key parts to get full key. On attached picture if you have 1 full key gem, you can combine it with half key gem to get 3 key gem. No matter if it's upper or lower half.
Yes, that it is... But why should I do it? Those full keys are already giving 3 keys in converter so merging does not give anything extra ... Oh, I should have done it earlier, I guess. Thanks!

... But then I got this board with no full key -pieces to start withFoe_beta_AE_more_keys.jpg

CrashBoom

Legend
Yes, that it is... But why should I do it? Those full keys are already giving 3 keys in coverter so merging does not give anything extra ... Oh, I should have done it earlier, I guess. Thanks!
the only reason that would make sense to do that:
unlocking a gem that is still locked for clearing the board

and NOT merging all half keys is the better strategy
looks like having them on board gives extra key(s) if the board is done (no locked gems anymore)

after collecting the full keys (lower right) and then finishing the board the 5 red half keys gave me 1 red key for finishing the board
(no extra key for green or blue. no half keys for those)
index.php

estrid

Baronet
Yes it. And I just figured it out: Need to combine one half-key piece with the piece of those mystic lines to make one full key.
I'm a bit slow nowadays...

Lindsay

Merchant
This event highlights one reason for playing on Beta - to learn how the new events and other new stuff works. So on the live servers I won't waste resources.
I guess right now what we need is another one pre-beta world, so we could learn what to do on beta later.

Emberguard

Emperor
after collecting the full keys the red fragments will give one red key when finishing the board
so claim and reset without collecting keys manuelly would destroy 8 red keys (getting 6 instead 13 collect + 1 additional)

that mechanism screws people if they don't collect keys before they end it

I think they were intending only "incomplete" pieces to be left on the board. Eg, no 3 keys left on the board.

ie: You have a bunch of the key handle, but none of the key insert.

image.png

Akiakamai

Farmer
I haven't even been able to enter the event window for the past 12 hours... It would just get stuck at the loading icon. Anyone having the same problem? (I've contacted Support about this)
Same here. Neither Firefox nor Opera will let me enter the event for the past 12 hours.

Ironrooster

Baronet
Yes... but how many players do this? Better tutorial should be made for the live servers not for beta server and people doesn't have to go to beta to check on everything. I think most of the players from live servers just play there.
I agree that a better tutorial would help, especially on the merging - especially which mergers produce points on the grand prize line and which do not.

But even with a better tutorial, playing the game the first time is still a learning experience. In addition to gaining experience with the mechanics, there is also developing a strategy both of which require playing the game.

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
After playing a few rounds of the minigame, I should say that I like it a lot. It takes some reasoning and you need to plan in advance a little but it's not overtly difficult, actually it's easier than the wildlife event. I also like the new buildings a lot, finally some futuristic designs! Chances for DSs are quite low, probably comparable to fall event, so I'm guessing it would make sense just to clear glass without wasting too much energy to create the keys.

and NOT merging all half keys is the better strategy
looks like having them on board gives extra key(s) if the board is done (no locked gems anymore)

after collecting the full keys (lower right) and then finishing the board the 5 red half keys gave me 1 red key for finishing the board
(no extra key for green or blue. no half keys for those)
index.php
You are right with one exception - if you have gem with only one (1) full key it's better to merge it with half key gem since you get then a gem with 3 full keys. If all full keys gems are 3 keys, don't merge, convert them and leave halves.

Good morning,
I can not access the mini game page. I don't think I'm the only one because I have no problems with the game. When I click on the "Click to enter the Anniversary Event!" window, it lets me think it's loading, but it doesn't let me into the mini-game. Does it happen to Others?

Buongiorno,
io non riesco ad accedere alla pagina del mini gioco. Non credo di essere il solo perchè non ho problemi con il gioco.
Quando clicco sulla finestra "Click to enter the Anniversary Event!" mi lascia pensare che stia caricando, ma non mi fà entrare nel mini-game. Succede ad Altri?

Emberguard

Emperor
and many players will forget to check those tooltips (like me)
Or read it but take a few rounds to realise what it means

and I think there will be many players losing keys because they think all keys (with 3) will be collected correct
@Juber I agree with CrashBoom. It would be most appreciated if a 3 key piece would remain as a 3 key piece on a completed board

image.png

not sure if mentioned yet, but doesn't a 3x7 building that gives a mini-"terracotta army" with fp and goods also attached to it and that does not require any road feel a bit.... OVERPOWERED? :p especially considering attack army % quotient compared to squares needed is also 1.667 (higher than winner's plaza level 2)???

D-Best

Squire
Or read it but take a few rounds to realise what it means

@Juber I agree with CrashBoom. It would be most appreciated if a 3 key piece would remain as a 3 key piece on a completed board

image.png
I agree with him too. I collected 3 or 4 boards without converting the keys in advance. I didn't even notice that I'm losing keys. Lots of keys.