• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Anniversary Event 2023

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I like the strategy you mentioned. But the question points to the fact like, "why the game needs to be depend on something outside of the game?"
It doesn't *depend* on it. You *could* figure out the mechanics yourself, the same way the players commenting on strategies at the start of beta do. I've never failed an event on beta due to the bit of experimentation sometimes required (rather the ones I don't complete on beta are because I get bored and decide not to see them through). For me figuring out the new games is honestly one of the few bits of joy I still get from FoE.

But if you *don't want to* figure it out, the modern internet is very reliable at being able to find someone else who has figured it out for you and will share their perspective :)

-Alin-

Emperor
1676570353285.png
Note that I havent spent my keys yet, I am waiting for a good daily prize.
1676570692624.png
1676570720795.png
1676570705796.png
First day I did the tutorial+ 5 resets for 0-20-40-80-160 energies=tutorial +5 boards=6 boards.
Second day I did 2 clean boards and 4 resets for 0-2-40-80 total 2+4= 6 boards.
Also I missed 15 keys on my dumbness and spent some extra energies because I didnt knew exactly how merging gems were exactly in order to make keys(half a key and half a lock to make a full key).

In this manner, I will end with more than 5000 league/event pass advancements with the keys used on chests at the end, given that we have 10650 energies for free from event and some extra from incidents.

100% possible to get the maximum level building for free, even if you do a lot of mistakes.

Last edited:
Ich habe das Gefühl, hier wollte jemand einen Preis für ein kompliziertes Event bekommen.
Was war denn an dem Spielbrett vom letzten Jahr nicht in Ordnung?
Hier vergessen wohl die Entwickler, das man hiermit nur seine Freizeit verbringt.
Schon das Super Bowl Event war für Anfänger schlecht erklärt. Da fehlten mir am Ende 2 Kits.
Dieses Event ist noch schlimmer. Ich habe bestimmt 300-400 dieser Dinger verpulvert.
16 Fortschrittspunkte sind dabei rausgekommen.
Und wenn wir schon dabei sind, wieso beginnt erst das Event und alle Infos kommen danach?
Macht alles doch nicht unnötig kompliziert Die Spieler haben auch noch ein Privatleben!

Last edited:

doughster

Merchant
Another event building NOT producing COINS!!! Yes, I know it's an option for the last upgrade! Sheesh! The last thing I need in the Main is another bldg producing supplies. I already have 9.4G and rising. I also cannot believe the footprint: 3 x 7. This event will surely not get me to spend diamonds or buy the Anniversary Prize lane. :(

Emberguard

Emperor
Ich habe das Gefühl, hier wollte jemand einen Preis für ein kompliziertes Event bekommen.
Was war denn an dem Spielbrett vom letzten Jahr nicht in Ordnung?
Hier vergessen wohl die Entwickler, das man hiermit nur seine Freizeit verbringt.
Schon das Super Bowl Event war für Anfänger schlecht erklärt. Da fehlten mir am Ende 2 Kits.
Dieses Event ist noch schlimmer. Ich habe bestimmt 300-400 dieser Dinger verpulvert.
16 Fortschrittspunkte sind dabei rausgekommen.
Und wenn wir schon dabei sind, wieso beginnt erst das Event und alle Infos kommen danach?
Macht alles doch nicht unnötig kompliziert Die Spieler haben auch noch ein Privatleben!
Translation:
I have the feeling that someone here wanted to get an award for a complicated event.
What was wrong with last year's board?
Here the developers probably forget that you only spend your free time with this.
Even the Super Bowl event was poorly explained for beginners. I ended up missing 2 kits.
This event is even worse. I must have blown 300-400 of these things.
16 progress points came out of it.
And while we're at it, why does the event start first and all the information comes afterwards?
Don't make things unnecessarily complicated. The players also have a private life

drax

Merchant
Pathfinder
The daily quests are ok, exactly the same as last year so far and I'm up to 37, but the Event Game is completely un-comprehensible, far too complicated !!

Jubilee

Merchant
OK so almost second 24 hour cycle over for me. Day three will begin soon. I got a few good incidents 100, 200 & even 500 energy vials that really assisted me in doing a bit more merge testing. Finally figured out what you can merge & how. That is a long time. And I know I am a bit smarter than the average bear (retired programmer). I hesitated using too many energy vials to start with but then figured out I had to use a good amount to work it out. Not going to go over too well with the Forge Players in Production/Live. As a completely NEW Event with NEW gameplay you might want to give Forge Players a bonus starter amount of Vials to help them while figuring out this NEW Game. My suggestion is 500.
-
A video to see how these merges work & some strategy as well is a MUST. It was hard working out how to Merge etc.. without a visual demonstration of how to play the game. Also making sure you cover the strategies for Maximum Keys versus trying to Clear the Board.

You need to have a few vials saved up from the Game to produce a good amount of Gems for matching/merging. You need to keep the Merged Full Keys on the Board for clearing the Board. I have given this a good try & have certainly decreased the number of left over Gems with Full Keys & Part Keys. However, the Spawner of course does not do orders so you get what you get & often not what you need. RESET is really the ONLY option at the end for your sanity & move on. Thanks for the consolation prize when I choose to spend 20 energy to RESET.

The prizes in the chests are good BUT I have not once yet got the Daily Prize. Not sure if others have gotten the Daily Prize yet. Disappointed. Only a couple of hours to go approximately before the next 24 hour cycle (Day 3) begins & wondering IF we will ever get the Daily Prize.

GateKeeper

Baronet
why is it possible to combine a full 3 key gem with another full key gem ?

just accidentally did that

but doesn't make sense to do that and should not be possible
3 + 3 = 3. just stupid
I think its a way to clear the board more , but yes can cause issues if done by mistake.

Jubilee

Merchant
1770 energy spent on the Game & still NO Daily Prize???? I have heard from fellow Guildies they got at least 2 so far. I did not change my Daily Prize I kept it as the first choice given. My Guildies did swap their selection. Maybe that is the difference here?

Korazzo

Farmer
mmm the in-game instructions are pretty good.... but ill take a crack at it...
  1. Click Spawner button
  2. click newly spawned gem
  3. matching gems will highlight a shade of purple
  4. choose the matching gem you just combined
  5. select that new gem, see step 3
  6. do this until you get your gem to a 3 key mega gem
  7. click 3key gem and drop into Converter to collect those keys.
  8. look at the 3 key chest to the right, for the most part buy the most expensive chest.
  9. RINSE and REPEAT
  10. do not try to complete the board.
  11. Mooingcat made a good suggestion to only refresh the board 3 times a day (i think he said 3, he might have said 2 times)
so thats the basic rundown. you need to pay attn to the two key parts as well, to make them a combined key, that's around step 3 and 4.

if i missed something the smarter players will be along shortly to correct me ;)
Thanks a lot. I am able to do something now. Missed the step where you had to drag the fully developed gems onto the converter tile. It seems to work now so that I get some keys, but I still dont understand the overall picturen or strategy of this

joyfulrider

Marquis
For me figuring out the new games is honestly one of the few bits of joy I still get from FoE.

But if you *don't want to* figure it out, the modern internet is very reliable at being able to find someone else who has figured it out for you and will share their perspective :)
You put yourself in a very adjustable behaviour eventhough event game makes you to do a private detective job. I agree to it, since mini-game challenges are very much welcome and really appreciate the foe team.

But for people who didn't get joy, modern internet is a very reliable choice. Worrying part is, Why the game not modern enough to make the players understood every aspect of it. Literally, every players by trying few steps or playing for few minutes, will realize some mistakes or understood the game logic very well.

No one is against the complex mini game, players are just upset with the incomplete hidden details (forced with the initial steps of mini game tutorial).

Tutorial only depicts "Do's", okay appreciated, where the "Don'ts". Having a choice over modern internet or anything for "Don'ts", then why the tutorial given for "Do's" (even for Do's, it is not complete as per my view). Without the tutorial itself, many people (including me) can play the game and enjoy it, but when something given to teach, make them teach completely.

So far, many event games 'achievements (game profile)' are hidden, no one knows from the announcement or anywhere, since they got to know by receiving it. But here, mini game concept itself slightly hidden, and can argue like "game strategy".

nice2haveu

Baronet
Game made me realize these two points,
1) If need more progress for grand prize of event building, concentrate only on clearing the locked glass items and don't leave x8 energy cells on any gem go unnoticed by doing more keys sacrificing (merging with larger ones eventhough having full key which deliver x3 keys and keep free gem request for any board between 6 to 10 times only).
2) If need more chest boxes to open, and not willing for event building, merge and upload keys wisely without keys sacrificing.

Una Queen

Squire
I have a question

when combining gems, do you get 2 progress for combining 2 lvl 1s then 4 for combining 2 lvl 2s and 8 for combining 2 lvl3's. so essentially Im asking if it is 1+1+2+2+4+4? Im very confused on the total progress you get for merging the gems. if someone can explain the exact progress for combining the gems, thatd be wonderful. thanks :)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I have a question

when combining gems, do you get 2 progress for combining 2 lvl 1s then 4 for combining 2 lvl 2s and 8 for combining 2 lvl3's. so essentially Im asking if it is 1+1+2+2+4+4? Im very confused on the total progress you get for merging the gems. if someone can explain the exact progress for combining the gems, thatd be wonderful. thanks :)
You get progress for breaking a gem out of glass. Level 1/2/3/4 gems under glass are worth 1/2/4/8 points once they're merged with to break them out. There's a bug atm where you can't see the gain of progress immediately from this so it's hard to notice it's happening. There'll be an animation bubble to indicate you gained progress, but the bar won't move.

Regular merges not involving gems under glass give you no progress.