• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler Ages Event

So with this possibly being the event. Wonder what thoughts are on if you currently have a King and Queen will this give an upgrade or just be a new one?

So with this possibly being the event. Wonder what thoughts are on if you currently have a King and Queen will this give an upgrade or just be a new one?
These new King and Queen will be the 3rd pair of buildings using similar names, but all three (3) pairs are not related to each other.
  1. First one, shiny King and Queen released on the first year of the Game.
    1. https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=King
    2. https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Queen
  2. Second pair (King Statue and Queen Statue) form a Royal Garden set with a 3x3 decoration for the 5th Anniversary of FOE..
    1. https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Royal_Garden_Set
  3. New Grand King and Grand Queen being released now as part of the 10th anniversary comes with an upgrade kit. Upgrade Kit only works with these 3rd pair of buildings, not with the previous ones.

Last edited:
Why not just list ALL POSSIBLE EVENTS on a small mini-menu, let people choose and start any Event they want, all the scenarios and results are all handled by computers anyway; if you feel like doing a Winter Event in July, go ahead! People will always try new Events out of Curiosity, so the Development Team will still be busy. People will also go back and try Events they liked in the past, or may never have had a chance to try ( life sometimes gets in the way)
Does it really matter which month you do a lilypad Event, or an Egyptian exploration? No, it doesn't. Seasonal Events will still always get played.
( I personally like the falling snow) New events will always be played- there are so many possibilities; Pirate Events, Space Exploration Events, Gold Mining, Catacombs under the city, New additional levels to the Expedition, Mysterious hidden mazes found near the city, a strange Dungeon found under the Tavern, Etc,Etc...

Emberguard

Emperor
Why not just list ALL POSSIBLE EVENTS on a small mini-menu, let people choose and start any Event they want
The main issue I'd see with that is then needing to be able to test all events a year in advance to ensure the balancing still allows for players to complete a full building. It'd also mean needing to fully design every building a year in advance.

It's not a "bad" idea, but would be a lot of work with quite a lot of things that could go wrong simply because of the amount of setup required

BritishBoy

Marquis
The main issue I'd see with that is then needing to be able to test all events a year in advance to ensure the balancing still allows for players to complete a full building. It'd also mean needing to fully design every building a year in advance.

It's not a "bad" idea, but would be a lot of work with quite a lot of things that could go wrong simply because of the amount of setup required
I think original idea was regarding past events. Like now let me replay any event I've missed UP TO 2022 Forge bowl. Or even not missed but simply want to replay :)

The Lady Ann

Baronet
I think original idea was regarding past events. Like now let me replay any event I've missed UP TO 2022 Forge bowl. Or even not missed but simply want to replay :)

I would say even if we could only play events that are two years old, it would still be a great addition (I hoped the event hub would do that but when it was implemented huge disappointment)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It defeats the point of events. Part of the draw of events, and particularly spending on events, is FOMO. It is not remotely in inno's interest to let people just play their favorite events whenever they feel like it.

Nevermind the balance issues of people for instance choosing to repeat say 2021 Wildlife Event or Fall Event because those are the only prizes they would want if they had the choice. Not all events are equal.

---

You'd have to constrain people to limited conditions to repeat events if you were going to allow it.

Some games allow such "encores" on a limited basis. Where basically you always have the "real" event, and your choice of say 1 of 4 "encore" events simultaneously. But usually those games also have no point to having 2 of the grand prize - it's rather an opportunity to go back and get an old 1 of a kind grand prize. They also usually revolve around an energy system whereby playing either, let alone both, requires you to spend more premium currency on energy to get the best prizes finished.

I'm not sure in the case of FoE how you'd make the economics be justified for encores in some capacity. There'd have to be incentives to spend of significant enough size as to offset any loss from people not trying for a 2nd grand prize in the first run of an event, because "Oh i'll just encore that to get a 2nd one".

Amdira

Baronet
Guess this would be difficult to set up. There are events with leagues, which means you have to compete with other players. So if you are the only player chosing this event on your server, how should the leagues work? You would have the advantage to gain gold league without any effort.
Also most events provide event currency for daily challenge and/or in incidents. Guess would be difficult to setup this for only few players at a time.

Emberguard

Emperor
So if you are the only player chosing this event on your server, how should the leagues work? You would have the advantage to gain gold league without any effort.
Either Leagues would have to be scrapped entirely, or they'd have to be changed in regards to how they function.

Amdira

Baronet
Either Leagues would have to be scrapped entirely, or they'd have to be changed in regards to how they function.
Maybe you could play against bots then - but it wouldn't be the same conditions as the original event (leagues usually are very different from server to server,depending on how many are willing to spend diamonds - thus it wouldn't be fair to gain the original price

I understand the idea of wanting to play missed events, but on the other hand you can get the kits from earlier events from the antiques dealer anyway and most events don't change from year to year, just the rewards. If you just want to play one of the mini-games like in St. Patrick's or Wilflife just for fun, maybe they could offer those mini-games inbetween, but with different rewards - maybe just some FPs like for repeating settlements after finishing.

Emberguard

Emperor
If you just want to play one of the mini-games like in St. Patrick's or Wilflife just for fun, maybe they could offer those mini-games inbetween, but with different rewards - maybe just some FPs like for repeating settlements after finishing.
I guess it depends somewhat on why they want access to events outside of normal timetable. Are they wanting the feel of an Event, or are they after the prizes from the original event? Or are they just after something to do?

If it were possible to play the Wildlife Event minigame outside of the event (without having to pick up currency) that would provide an advantage by allowing us to practice the minigame outside of the Event for the real thing. Which I wouldn't mind having access to that, but only so I can improve my chances at the real event

CrashBoom

Legend
If you just want to play one of the mini-games like in St. Patrick's or Wilflife just for fun, maybe they could offer those mini-games inbetween
if you just want to play those mini-games there are plenty of those games in the internet
:rolleyes:

maybe they could offer those mini-games inbetween, but with different rewards
didn't you just say:
you want to play them just for fun

so why should there be any rewards?
then it wouldn't be just for fun anymore
it would then be for fun and rewards :rolleyes:

maybe just some FPs
I wish in the event it would be just some FPs

and not all those other crappy rewards :D
(coins, supplies, units, BP, boosts, ...)

Last edited: