• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler 2023 Halloween Event spoiler discussion

Kempo

Merchant
Tarot Cards are forbidden in most religions, and INNO should respect that in the game offerings!!

Looks to me like a card game. Not like some sort of divination.

And in what world are we living in that rules of some religions have to be applied to everyone? Please respect the freedom and choices of the people not believing in the same as you do. If it offends you, don't play it.

CrashBoom

Legend
Tarot Cards are forbidden in most religions, and INNO should respect that in the game offerings!!
you are one year too late :D

Tarot_Card_Caravans_Lvl_12.png

Tarot Card Caravans​

(Halloween 2022)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator

And in what world are we living in that rules of some religions have to be applied to everyone? Please respect the freedom and choices of the people not believing in the same as you do. If it offends you, don't play it.
In the world we're living inclusivity has never been as important. Not offending anyone, for their religion, gender, preference, or anything else. This is clearly countering those values.
In fact for those who think it's okay to offend others, we actually still need a pride event. To spread more awareness of the importance of inclusivity. Your comment sadly proves this.
So, please respect everyone's values and believes. Don't offend anyone or force them away from a game('s event) with offensive or anti-religious aspects. Like this anti-religious minigame.
you are one year too late :D

Tarot_Card_Caravans_Lvl_12.png

Tarot Card Caravans​

(Halloween 2022)
That was woman empowering. As it showed how respectful people were and appreciating an independent, strong woman. Which is very positive for the inclusivity. It also didn't force anyone to interact with or build it. Creating an anti-inclusive/religious minigame however is. As it'll exclude groups of players and may offend them.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I am offened from the religion because they want to prevent me from playing a Tarot Card event

I feel discriminated
They don't prevent you from playing it, they're forced to either do something anti-religious or be excluded from playing the game('s Halloween event).:rolleyes:
Fighting is forbidden in most religions, and INNO should respect that in the game offerings and remove that!!

Thanks.
You can play the game w/o fighting. You can't participate in an event with an anti-religious minigame w/o violating your religion. Thus an group is getting excluded.:unhappy: Seriously we need a pride event to raise better awareness for inclusivity. People don't seem to understand inclusivity value

CrashBoom

Legend
You can play the game w/o fighting.
no I can't

when a neighbor attacks me I am part of that fight even if I decided for a pacifist way to play the game
and today I was even plundered from a neighbor (what is also forbidden in most religions)

Seriously we need a pride event to raise better awareness for inclusivity.
seriously we need to stop (and never start again) religion discussion in this forum

people should let their religion out of the game (and forum)

and politics

this is a game where people want to have fun
and then someone comes and offend the other because he wants to forbid something because of his religion

the religions did the most crimes in history.
and now they cry because the atheists offers a tarot card game

that is again religion forcing their believe on others. like they did in the past 2000 years

THAT has to stop

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
no I can't

when a neighbor attacks me I am part of that fight even if I decided for a pacifist way to play the game
and today I was even plundered from a neighbor (what is also forbidden in most religions)
Yes you can. When not having an defence. You're not actively participating in violence. Getting plundered does not make you an offender but who did.
seriously we need to stop (and never start again) religion discussion in this forum

people should let their religion out of the game (and forum)
This is not about religion but inclusivity. FoE should stay political correct and strive for inclusivity. This includes not introducing anti-religious, anti-LGBTQ, woman unfriendly themes (this minigame refers to witchcraft, which has lead to hostility towards woman in the past), etc. this should be taken into strong consideration

TudorRknRlla

Merchant
and if the religion forbids the player to play tarot card then the religion is discrimination not the game :D
this minigame refers to witchcraft, which has lead to hostility towards woman in the past
Exactly, it was the very religion that you are trying to protect now which had a problem with witchcraft and led to hostilities towards women. By allowing witchcraft to find expression in this game we are simply saying we don't endorse that kind of attitude anymore.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
he wants to forbid something because of his religion

the religions did the most crimes in history.
and now they cry because the atheists offers a tarot card game

that is again religion forcing their believe on others. like they did in the past 2000 years
That's not true. Respect has been requested. For the sake of inclusivity, offensive themes should be avoided.
The Germans occupied and disrespected a lot of Europeans and their boarders. So, now it's justified to do the same to them. Is basically what you're saying.
And I define inclusivity as allowing all religious/spiritual aspects of the world to find expression in this game, while "don't do that because my religion says so" sounds like an attempt of conversion to me.
If it's an offensive/anti-something themed, still something that brings people together and is still inclusive?
exactly ^^

because
forbidding = exclusive and not inclusive

and if the religion forbids the player to play tarot card then the religion is discrimination not the game :D
No, it's known to be bad. Introducing something that will exclude others is anti-inclusive.
Exactly, it was the very religion that you are trying to protect now which had a problem with witchcraft and led to hostilities towards women. By allowing witchcraft to find expression in this game we are simply saying we don't endorse that kind of attitude anymore.
Thus the theme is double bad and shouldn't be used. I ain't defending the religion. I'm defending inclusivity. An group of people are threatened to be excluded from playing an event

TudorRknRlla

Merchant
Thus the theme is double bad and shouldn't be used. I ain't defending the religion. I'm defending inclusivity. An group of people are threatened to be excluded from playing an event
Halloween has always been about magic, in a way, and nobody had a problem with that, Christian or not. And I could say the same thing about the Saint Patrick and Winter Event as well, Saint Patrick is Christian , gifts and reindeer and Santas are part of the Christian culture as well, should non-Christian refuse to play these 2 events, or should they boycott them? Is this what you define as inclusiveness?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@TudorRknRlla LOL, you're now just joking. Saying inclusive and diverse events "exclude" non-believers despite them being culturally anchored, for their origins being religious. This theme is just downright offensive to some groups. Previous event themes were not. They were generally diverse and inclusive. Representing the world at large. Without offending anybody. This theme however is different.
Anyways @CrashBoom and @TudorRknRlla if you like to discuss inclusivity and this offensive theme, let's just start a separate discussion topic. We're drifting off now

TudorRknRlla

Merchant
This theme is just downright offensive to some groups. Previous event themes were not. They were generally diverse and inclusive. Representing the world at large. Without offending anybody. This theme however is different.
I don't understand how, just by looking at the Wikipedia

Halloween or Hallowe'en (less commonly known as Allhalloween,[5] All Hallows' Eve,[6] or All Saints' Eve)[7] is a celebration observed in many countries on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Saints' Day. It begins the observance of Allhallowtide,[8] the time in the liturgical year dedicated to remembering the dead, including saints (hallows), martyrs, and all the faithful departed.

so Halloween is actually another Christian hollyday, Western Christian to be exact, celebrating all the Saints, as per definition.

As for the minigame, I think we are hurrying to judge something we don't know much about, but like Kempo said:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Would someone care to elaborate what they find offensive about what is essentially just an art style being used?

P.S. Tarot are just playing cards: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarot

Use in fortune telling, which is what's against some people's religions as far as I'm aware, developed later. And most people would be covered as long as they aren't ascribing such powers to the cards. (i.e. it's not the cards that are offensive but the practice of claiming they have powers of foresight or control of the future). Which I somehow doubt a silly FoE minigame will fall into that category (even if the game text does end up suggesting such things, you just have to not believe it and it remains a silly diversion)

For the very few staunchly religious-conservative individuals (of various different religions), that the very imagery challenges their tolerance, I assure you the other suggestion someone made of a pride event would receive far more backlash for promoting beliefs opposed to their own - particularly since that would be contemporarily relevant.

(also, this looks a lot more like hearthstone or magic the gathering or something - which literally is just a silly little card game).

Last edited:

.Chris

Baronet
That's not true. Respect has been requested. For the sake of inclusivity, offensive themes should be avoided.

If it's an offensive/anti-something themed, still something that brings people together and is still inclusive?

I'm a german atheist and I have to put up with so much religious nonsense that is going on.
Easter, Christmas, muslims fasting for a month and not wanting to eat pork, one of the preferred ways of greeting a stranger where I live "Grüß Gott" (Greetings to god)... the list goes on and on and on
I don't go around telling people to stfu about their religious beliefs, I simply choose not to partake.

You are not excluded from playing the game because of your religion, YOU CHOOSE to exclude yourself!

Inclusivity is not about making sure no one is offended. There is someone outthere who will be offended anyways, no matter how trivial it might be.
This is a game! If you don't like it, don't play it.

LuciFeri

Farmer
I'm a german atheist and I have to put up with so much religious nonsense that is going on.
Easter, Christmas, muslims fasting for a month and not wanting to eat pork, one of the preferred ways of greeting a stranger where I live "Grüß Gott" (Greetings to god)... the list goes on and on and on
I don't go around telling people to stfu about their religious beliefs, I simply choose not to partake.

You are not excluded from playing the game because of your religion, YOU CHOOSE to exclude yourself!

Inclusivity is not about making sure no one is offended. There is someone outthere who will be offended anyways, no matter how trivial it might be.
This is a game! If you don't like it, don't play it.
Atheism is also a religion. An atheist believes that there is no God. ;):cool::p