• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Unique Antiques Dealer Rewards

DeletedUser8946

SOK level 2:
At this point in time, I have like 10 SoKs in my city... as opposed to 30+ like a year ago. I'm deleting SokS to make space for other event buildings like Maharaja's palace and Cherry Garden that I get from Daily challenges and the Dealer.
I'm not going to spend that amount of gems and coins to get 1 more fps every day.

Art Exhibition:
First, I need to get a blueprint to put it in my city and then I'd have to hunt for more to level it up.
It feels like it doesn't worth the effort to spend all the coins and gems for a building that gives goods and fps. Yes, I'd prefer an option with Attack/Defense..or even coin/supply boost...

Overall
When the AD first came out, we knew that the older event buildings could be added here. So with most of the coins and gems I gathered, I managed to get a lot of other sets as mentioned above. I'd kill for another Cherry Garden set. With the Checkmate square, botanical rotunda and Carousel on the auction side of things, I've spent most of my gems/coins as they tend to get really expensive.

Conclusion
There's no way that I can buy 10+ Sok upgrades (even if I am lucky enough to stumble that many); nor does it make any sense for me to put such a building as AE to shine in my city. I agree that AE is a good building for lower eras; but newer players would have more difficulty in getting the gems and coins needed...

qaccy

Emperor
I too think it'd be cool if the Art Exhibition included some sort of bonus related to the Antiques Dealer, much like how Guild Battlegrounds provide the Statue of Honor which provides several guild-related benefits. Something like a % bonus to coins (and maybe gemstones) obtained when selling items, and perhaps a production of 1 gemstone per day at max level? Perhaps that may be a bit too strong, but I'd accept a reduction/removal of the other bonuses for these things!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I too think it'd be cool if the Art Exhibition included some sort of bonus related to the Antiques Dealer, much like how Guild Battlegrounds provide the Statue of Honor which provides several guild-related benefits. Something like a % bonus to coins (and maybe gemstones) obtained when selling items, and perhaps a production of 1 gemstone per day at max level? Perhaps that may be a bit too strong, but I'd accept a reduction/removal of the other bonuses for these things!

How generous of you ;) I for one have interest in the current incarnation as slightly inferior to sleigh builders in goods but doubling as a top tier FP event building. A loss to the FP and goods in the name of coins/gems for the antique dealer which I've only got interest in for sleigh builders (which I can already afford every time they come up) or soon art exhibitions (if they're not nerfed) would be rather pointless to me.

You would think the Art Exhibition would give happiness.

Edit: I just saw the item in game, and it does have happiness.

Last edited:

Feanor II

Baronet
The only thing I might be worried about with this is setting up a "feedback loop"; i.e. use the AE collection to get coins/gems, which are then used to create more AEs, which collectively produce more coins/gems than before, allowing you to get more AE kits at a faster rate, and soon everyone's cities are full of AEs. I like the idea of an Antiques Dealer boost to the Antiques Dealer special building, but I think it would have to be your first suggestion of a percentage increase when you sell something rather than a collection. That way it does boost, but you need something external added to it each time so it doesn't just loop back on itself.

qaccy

Emperor
@xivarmy The way I see it, there are already plenty of buildings that provide goods and/or FP in varying amounts, including many already available from the Dealer. I like seeing more varied effects overall instead of just more of the same. That's why I suggested some more unique effects for it! Not necessarily to make it more appealing to everybody, but to make it DIFFERENT.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
@xivarmy The way I see it, there are already plenty of buildings that provide goods and/or FP in varying amounts, including many already available from the Dealer. I like seeing more varied effects overall instead of just more of the same. That's why I suggested some more unique effects for it! Not necessarily to make it more appealing to everybody, but to make it DIFFERENT.

But the point is for your 'unique' suggestions to have appeal, the antique dealer itself first must have appeal. The Art Exhibit's point atm being to give it that appeal as far as I can tell. If you make it so it's a sub-par FP/goods building that also gives you more antique dealer currency then it's a fail; that it's a top FP/goods building (1 less FP than asylum, same goods, way less space) IS its appeal. If instead it was something along the lines of winter spire stats in order to give "something unique" as well then the antique dealer is still only providing tier 2 stuff for the large part, so there's not really a motivation to gain extra antique dealer benefits (i haven't been around for the whole time antique dealer has and i'm up to 300kish coins and 250ish gems in each of my live cities; what i need is not ways to make more antique dealer currency but things that are actually helping my city to spend them on).

king leorix

Squire
They are grait, but they should put more often, good items/building that player wants. An item that a player buys, come once at 2 weeks...

Havik79

Baronet
NOT COOL INNO, 6 minutes into an auction its going for 150k, this is how you start us off in the new year.
Yes it's gone midnight in AU.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
NOT COOL INNO, 6 minutes into an auction its going for 150k, this is how you start us off in the new year.

Don't blame Inno for that, blame the players who like to show off the size of their trade coin accounts. I've watched auctions where everybody played nice together, not bidding more than two or three hundred, then someone with big pockets jumps in and drops 10k or more. Then it's watching the big spenders try to outbid each other.

Really though, that's the nature of auctions. Bidding does not mean you're going to win.

@CrashBoom I have...haven't been able to win one yet, I always get outbid. :p

Last edited: