• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2019

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
So, clear out ALL cobwebs? Lot of wands and brooms to do that!

I don't try to clear out every dark cobweb. Using the brooms (especially) and cauldrons very strategically can uncover most dark webs, saving wands. A few times I pass up uncovering a single dark web. I'm not interested in Avatars, and assume gold and silver books are truly randomly distributed; so worth the gamble in letting a few dark webs remain uncovered. If worst comes to worst, I'll spend a few diamonds at the very end to get the final upgrade needed for 1 full Appleton Cottage.
What I'm less thrilled about is that the book rewards are rubbish. I only play when there is a worthwhile daily special, so many days I don't bother.
Having one of the quests the collection of incidents was quite nice as a change of pace; would like to see that again.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9356

I just got my second book quest; sadly, it's building a culture building, which at my tech level means spending enormous supplies I don't have to build sprawling culture buildings like zoos I don't have space to fit into.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
considering you give away dark doorways as daily specials, it feels really odd that you only give a few meager fragments of the graveyard kit in the book quests - considering the regular player might barely only get enough of the books to get one full kit after completing the quest line 5 times, this feels really off...

from my point of view you could just switch the stories and rewards to different books:
Lady in the Vail --> Common Book 4 (2h Mass Supply rush)
Scarecrow Curse --> Silver Book 1 (Scarecrow)
Haunted House --> Silver Book 2
Crazy Scientist --> Silver book 3 (Mad Scientist's Lab)
Book of the buried --> Golden Book (Full Graveyard Kit)

The minor quest rewards and the quests could even stay with the book where they are, only the stories and quest 5 rewards would have to get switched.

6zeva9

Baronet
Is there an issue with Grand Prizes 13 and 14 or are the Upgrade Kits moving from ODD numbered rewards to Even numbered rewards.
So far in the Grand Prizes 1,3,5,7,9 & 11 have been upgrade kits, then 12 is a SOK, 13 is a Level 1 Abandoned Asylum before 14 comes in as an Upgrade Kit.

Is this correct or is there an ERROR?
And the Level 1 should be number 14 and the Upgrade kit at 13.

qaccy

Emperor
Is there an issue with Grand Prizes 13 and 14 or are the Upgrade Kits moving from ODD numbered rewards to Even numbered rewards.
So far in the Grand Prizes 1,3,5,7,9 & 11 have been upgrade kits, then 12 is a SOK, 13 is a Level 1 Abandoned Asylum before 14 comes in as an Upgrade Kit.

Is this correct or is there an ERROR?
And the Level 1 should be number 14 and the Upgrade kit at 13.

Not only that, but usually the base level 1 building does not appear in the grand prize rotation until after enough upgrades have appeared to take the building from level 1 all the way to max. In the case of the Asylum, this should mean that you don't see one in the grand prizes until #16.

Umbrathor

Baronet
Okay, without reading any earlier posts:
  • I love the return of the archeaology minigame
  • the prizes are plenty and good
  • The addition of the books with miniquests are a nice idea, but it makes the event WAAAAY too complicated. First of all, I couldn't start any of the book quests until a decent daily prize came along. Then I started collecting books and doing the quests at the same time, because - as I suspected - many feature the same quests, so you can finish multiple quests at the same time. Strategic players like me, who wait for a good opportunity to start doing the minigame, lose out of time to do book quests
  • The book quests are much too demanding. I just have three quests to buy forge points, multiple ones to spend forge points, build buildings or recruite units. If you are going to add that many quests, they need to be very simple and easy to do, and not costly or demanding. Either reduce the number of quests (one demanding quest per book), or reduce the number of books, or make the quests really easy. I think reducing the number of quests overall is the best option. I feel swamped with the number of quests now.
  • having the Doorway as a daily prize is a bad idea. It gives the same amount of fp's per square as the cider mill, which costs 6 upgrades. Making buildings like these so easy to get is over the top.
  • It is a greay event, but please shrink it down to a manageable size

qaccy

Emperor
@Umbrathor Something to keep in mind with the Doorway is that it requires motivation and provides population, something that's becoming increasingly undesirable to advanced players. The Cider Mill additionally is capable of doing more than simply producing FP, as both its goods and guild power productions are noteworthy as well.

Umbrathor

Baronet
I've done all the main quests up until today's daily, tactically used all wands and most cauldrons ands brooms, and have gotten only 1 daily prize so far. It seems to me that the chance to get a daily is too conservative. Or I am simply highly unluckly this time.

Umbrathor

Baronet
Also, I have only yesterday found the Golden book, and am stil to find two of the silver books. I hope their chance of occurring is not random and that they are guaranteed to drop somewhere.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I hope their chance of occurring is not random and that they are guaranteed to drop somewhere.
sorry to disappoint... it seems they are quite random
I got the golden one quite early and have it now total 3 times, all the silver ones I only got once and the last silver I only got quite recently. Even the common ones are very bad distributed - one I only got once, two of them I got 5 times each

Somewhere in this thread I already estimated that the chances to get the full book set with only free currency is only about 50% - probably even less

Last edited:

6zeva9

Baronet
@ Dudettas @ zarok dai

Can someone please advise us if there has been a mix up in the grand prizes, as there was during the testing of the Summer Event, if so will this be fixed during the re-balance?

If it is correct that would also be nice to know.

DeletedUser9666

I think it would be good for Inno and many players if the books could be purchased for diamonds. Like 200 diamonds each?

DeletedUser7931

Good evening,
How can we fight in a guild of five players against 35 or more players?