• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2019

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
My asylum is now motivated, is it supposed to be possible to motivate it?
I pointed that out in the beginning already... as nothing has changed yet, maybe it is intended - would be a nice catch to this OP building...

As it can be plundered if not motivated it would be the first building since the Indian Palace that is lucrative for plundering FP.

vakini

Squire
We get the same books multible times, but if FoE want us to open an do the same book more than one time, Ill surgest there would be some candies when the 5. quest is done to motivate us, it could be 30-50 candies from the 2. time a book is finished.

And another thing, my mother have teached me from childhood not to pick candies up on streets and parks, hope there isent too many young ppl, who play this game and get the ideas to do so in real lift ;-)

DeletedUser9666

How many books, on average, does everyone find before finding the full set?

I got full set when I found my 11th book. After that I found like 15 more but I still need last two to get the second set.

When I read about these books I thought they could be used to win more candy but obviously they only let me win unrelated things. I think the quests from the books should yield extra candy because otherwise they're of limited use.

There are tools waiting for you when you get all 8 books.
However, if Inno does not intend to sell these books for diamonds and make money on it then offering even a small amount of candies - like 20 for each book would make players far more excited about this feature...
I doubt it will help them get Asylum easier as those who want 2+ will need to spend diamonds regardless, and daily special prizes are very hard to win regardless.

So it will be mostly worthless rubbish from pumpkins that will be won.
Still, with candy prizes for each book, it will feel far more appealing.
It will keep players content all event long instead of keeping them frustrated for up to 3 weeks while they try to gather 8 books.

Or Inno could decrease the number of broomsticks and other tools offered when all 8 books are collected in exchange for extra candies added to each book...
Not ideal but better than what is now.

DeletedUser9154

I really didn't want to scroll 10 pages to see if somebody has noticed it, but has somebody pointed out on a huge logic flaw with Abandoned Asylum?
How is an abandoned building supposed to provide any population?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
So it will be mostly worthless rubbish from pumpkins that will be won.
There are some decent daily specials...

I really didn't want to scroll 10 pages to see if somebody has noticed it, but has somebody pointed out on a huge logic flaw with Abandoned Asylum?
Page one was too far for you... oh well..

6zeva9

Baronet
There are lots of Abandoned buildings in big cities around the world that have people living in them.
They are usually unwanted guests according to the building owner, but people will look for places to stay when they are homeless or wanting to escape their troubles.
With that in mind maybe when the building is motivated the Population it provides could drop, as it would when a building owner has their unwanted guests removed.

Artubar

Baronet
..all in all, I like the event so far.
The mini game and the Asylum are nice, and the (main) quest line is ok.

The only bad thing are the additional book quests, as mentioned by several other players.
  • randomness is frustrating. I've collected 33 books so far (9 3 7 8 | 1 3 0 | 2), even got the golden one twice, but I'm still missing the third silver book, and I'm starting to lose hope... it doesn't help to be patient as with blueprints, because in 8 days the event will be over.
  • rewards vs. efforts have a bad ratio - the old buildings are nice for collectors, but only once. You could have put them on the main quest line as goodies (along with the candies); the fragment reward is simply a bad joke.
    Candies or tools, or perhaps trade coins / gems, or even a "complete one quest" token, usable on any quest except for story / side / bonus quests...
    There are so many more useful things compared to a Jack o'Lantern, which gives 0.3% of the happiness needed on my main world (and steals mo/po)
.. somehow it's like an old crappy car, which starts only with a quite low chance and breaks down every now and then. You'll never know if you reach your destination at all.
Would you call that an exciting event?

DeletedUser9716

you have taken a event and made it so complicated that it takes spreadsheet to keep up. First you have earn, find or daily trick or treat candy, then when you have buy sticks, brooms and pots of witch's brew to go to the library to remove cobwebs which may contain prizes or christmas lights bulbs(?). now collect enough light bulbs and you get the upgrade to the crazy place. oh also the there still maybe books in the library which can start more questlines. then you have 5 questlines going and lose track of want you have to do earn dumb prizes like dollars, etc which you all have millions,too many steps. It reminds of the story of a boss who lose at a round of golf so he yells at a employee, the employee then yells at his wife because he is mad, wife is upset so she disciplines her little boy, the little boy then hits the cat, who.... all the while the event is going on we have settlements to build, the antique dealer, the friends tavern, the expedition, the map and now the guild thing which I still have not figured out. Guess I will have to quit my job just to keep up but then I won't be able to buy diamonds.

DeletedUser8518

There are lots of Abandoned buildings in big cities around the world that have people living in them.
They are usually unwanted guests according to the building owner, but people will look for places to stay when they are homeless or wanting to escape their troubles.
With that in mind maybe when the building is motivated the Population it provides could drop, as it would when a building owner has their unwanted guests removed.

Only in Forge of Empires can you have homeless people living in the abandoned asylum and then have them go work in your goods manufacturies.

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
..all in all, I like the event so far.
The mini game and the Asylum are nice, and the (main) quest line is ok.

The only bad thing are the additional book quests, as mentioned by several other players.

Agree. What I liked about the mini-game is that it brings in some strategy to the game, and encourages a player to be a little bit more tactical about when and how to play, and what approach to take.
The book quests completely undo this. If you go for books, you largely must go as fast as possible, since the drop rate for a complete set is horrible. So it becomes a choice:
1) be strategic in playing the mini-game, and forego the books; or
2) go for the books, but lose the fun of the mini-game; i.e. it just turns into another boring clickfest.....

I just do not see what the book quests add, at least with the current set up. The rewards are largely worthless, and getting a full set is simply too time-consuming, for too little reward.
It is easy enough to ignore the books, which is what I've chosen to do (and ignore pumpkins). I'll just focus on getting the Asylum.
However, it does seem the developers could make the book quests more interesting and rewarding, with minimal extra effort.

DeletedUser9548

Please explain what a SAM is. I looked all over my city for a building that gives 24% attack bonus and could not find one.

DeletedUser8336

Hey Hera...

SAM means "Space Age Mars" and is NOT a building.

DeletedUser9548

Halloween’s my favorite holiday to dress up for parties, and bake cake and cookies
When trick-or-treaters knock on my door, a witch will greet them with a… Boo!
I enjoy giving them candy and a McDonald's dessert certificate or two.

So FoE players, don’t get stressed reading the book quests.
Just like grass needs rain, reading helps stimulate your brain.
Thank you game devs for weaving the event story into poetry.

The grand prize in this event game is not only spooky but
has a creepy name - The Abandoned Asylum. Uooooooooo!

DeletedUser9733

Ok, so I may get prize, but I will not be able to build it for a long long time as the happiness required is 4886 and no happiness is supplied with the prize. Does this really need so many population.

DeletedUser9733

You will require 4886 happiness for the population.

DeletedUser8822

The whole book questline thing is poorly implemented. I'm already through with the map progess (I've spent about 3k diamonds), yet I'm still missing 2 books to complete the collection. On the other hand I have gazzillions of copies of books I already own.

qaccy

Emperor
It's unlikely to change, but I'm also unlikely to participate very much in this event on live servers if the Asylum keeps its population bonus. I suppose others do not feel this way and either don't care about that or are willing/able to place it for the other bonuses anyway, but I probably won't be one of them. This doesn't really affect newer players who are still using normal buildings, but long-time players with several events' worth of prizes are beginning to drown in population because that's stuck on pretty much every event prize since last year's FoE Cup had the Tholos of Idols. Is it really necessary to have population on everything? Or maybe this is done intentionally much like the increased emphasis on supplies in later ages and events has pushed people away from having no production buildings in their cities?

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
It's unlikely to change, but I'm also unlikely to participate very much in this event on live servers if the Asylum keeps its population bonus. .........
The population is not a problem, I like to have too much because the recurring quest that asks does not pass.
Happiness is also not a problem in the last ages, it is easy to have too much.
For example in my city "SAM" I have 266 000 of which 150 000 additional (80 000 inhabitants).
I could have a lot more, just by changing the streets.
I have more than 300 streets, building SAM streets they would give over 75,000 Happiness.
I did not change them because the special buildings are enough - sakura rock SAM = 12 400 for example
(Alcatraz is on the level 50)