• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2019 - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I believe, and it's a simple move and won't harm Inno in any way is to give everyone 1 additional upgrade + 1000 diamonds to compensate for the diamonds lost. It is a test server anyway, so please do the right thing. Afterall, that why the balancing took place to ensure that players can complete the construction.

So you want your 1k diamonds back and an upgrade ... those that spent 2k diamonds to stay in bronze league will have a loss of 1k and a useless upgrade, those that spent 3k to get the grand prize upgrade to be sure and not rely on league will have a loss of 2k and another useless upgrade.

That's why:
As far as Beta no, it is too difficult to try and make it fair considering the variables between players.

Edit: Yes, it is a test server, your ability to test the next feature doesn't depend on you having a level 9 or 10 colossus or none at all.

DeletedUser9768

So you want your 1k diamonds back and an upgrade ... those that spent 2k diamonds to stay in bronze league will have a loss of 1k and a useless upgrade, those that spent 3k to get the grand prize upgrade to be sure and not rely on league will have a loss of 2k and another useless upgrade.

That's why:

Edit: Yes, it is a test server, your ability to test the next feature doesn't depend on you having a level 9 or 10 colossus or none at all.

Idc about diamonds, they've been spent already.. just give us the possibility to get the last upgrade, how to doesn't matter but just don't make us use diamonds again because I have none left lol

DeletedUser9490

Proposal to INNO - Let INNO introduce a completely new type of event - "Bazaar quest"

Within this Bazaar quest series, the player selects any extension or building from any previous event and will progressively perform individual tasks. When he complete all tasks, he gets the desired building or extension.

Justification
We all have unused buildings or extensions from past events (Tholos on level 6, Colossus level 9, 3 upgrades of Winter spire, ...). For us, it would be motivating to have opportunity to complete these old uncomplete buildings.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9490

As far as Beta no, it is too difficult to try and make it fair considering the variables between players.

Three weeks ago, you suddenly completed the Settlements for all the players. Fortunately for me, I was at the beginning of new Settlement so I earned many. Whilst players, who were just before the end, had earner nearly nothing. Was it fair? Certainly not.

So why are you suddenly worried about absolute fairness of this unfortunate Colossus quest?

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Three weeks ago, you suddenly completed the Settlements for all the players. Fortunately for me, I was at the beginning of new Settlement so I earned many. Whilst players, who were just before the end, had earner nearly nothing. Was it fair? Certainly not.

So why are you suddenly worried about absolute fairness of this unfortunate Colossus quest?

Two entirely different situations.

It was more than three weeks ago, and when the settlements were ended, everyone got Yggdrasil lvl-1 and the full nine fragments for the Greater Runestone. So, yeah, it was fair. The medals, forge points, coins and supplies that were rewards for the quests are available through regular activity in our cities. As such, I find it hard to feel cheated about them.

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/cultural-settlements-balancing-changes.9801/

DeletedUser9490

It was more than three weeks ago, and when the settlements were ended, everyone got Yggdrasil lvl-1 and the full nine fragments for the Greater Runestone. So, yeah, it was fair. The medals, forge points, coins and supplies that were rewards for the quests are available through regular activity in our cities. As such, I find it hard to feel cheated about them.

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/cultural-settlements-balancing-changes.9801/

It was not fair. Somebody (in the beginning of Settlement) got much more (for free) than other (who have been just before end of the Settlement)

jovada

Regent

What about players that were near the end , but used some diamonds to buy goods or diplomaty to be sure to end in the asked time to get full rewards, they spend also diamonds for nothing.

DeletedUser9768

What about players that were near the end , but used some diamonds to buy goods or diplomaty to be sure to end in the asked time to get full rewards, they spend also diamonds for nothing.

Different story, it was possible to finish the settlement with the max reward without diamonds, I did so everybody could with plenty of remaining time

Snazzle

Merchant
Hi Zarok , could you please explain to me how i was awarded the amateur award for the forge bowl event , when i should have a bronze award .
Looking at the event table i am placed in the bronze award position .
Bronze award points is 760 and above , I have 766 points and am shown in the bronze award placing
But i was given the amateur award .
Something has gone wrong .
Thank you .

DeletedUser9768

Hi Zarok , could you please explain to me how i was awarded the amateur award for the forge bowl event , when i should have a bronze award .
Bronze award points is 760 and above , I have 766 points and am shown in the bronze award placing
Thank you .

In the last hours it changed, I had 765 and was given the amateur league too, for the bronze it ended up being 780 or something

DeletedUser8262

Would it not be simpler to scrap the percentage part of the leagues and instead set a fixed target that once reached would lock that reward. The current method encourages a last minute stampede to get or stay in bronze which apart from being silly is also grossly unfair to anyone who cannot be on-line when the event ends

DeletedUser

Thank you .

Look here :)

agramer66

Steward
No offense, but this analogy is off. Engineers don't create the "20K car" when the "50K" could be made at the same expense. You make the best possible product with the resources available. The 20K cars get made because their manufacturing costs are significantly lower than the 50K and are in peoples' price range.

Actually, they produce a 15k car and sell it for 20 k, or they take the same car, put a bit of "options" in it, take a bit better materials for the interior, put a bit of chrome somewhere and sell it as "premium car" for 50k...
Take a look in Skoda, VW and Audi - essentially the same car in 3 price-ranges...

agramer66

Steward
Zarok, what is the point of those changes if the players who get in Bronze after the changes don't get rewards? I really don't care in which league that I finished, but I would care very much to get the last upgrade for the Colossus as Bronze reward...

DeletedUser

Zarok, what is the point of those changes if the players who get in Bronze after the changes don't get rewards? I really don't care in which league that I finished, but I would care very much to get the last upgrade for the Colossus as Bronze reward...

As I stated in the announcement the change is for the live servers and doesn't change anything here. It is important to remember, especially with balancing changes, that Beta is here to expose balancing issues so they can be changed for live release. It does not mean we can always make these changes while the content is still running on Beta.

Snazzle

Merchant
So Zarok , changes was made to calculations of award tables After awards where given ! .
What a joke , sorry but that is just an insult .

Snazzle

Merchant
Players whom this has affected , like myself , should be given the correct reward .
Great that you have decided to change it for the "Real" servers But with due respect , at least treat us with some .
Thank You .

Thunderdome

Emperor
In short, be prepared to buy diamonds if you want a fully upgraded colossus on the live servers and a spot in the Bronze to get the "final" upgrade reward (if the mechanics are going to be the same), folks. It would be easier to just place the reward on all brackets with higher ones yielding more so people won't feel cheated out. Just saying.