• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Reconstruction Mode

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8332

A suggestion I have is to be able to see if your buildings will be connected to the Town Hall before hitting "Save" Also (echoing a lot of previous comments) it would be incredibly helpful if we could delete items and/or use any available "Store building"'s. But overall, LOVE it!

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Everytime i place something and i want to move it the game grashes.
https://prnt.sc/j4000c
This is all i see. the game itself is gone except the city itself.
Was this in reconstruction mode, or in the normal build mode? Do you remember the steps you did before it happened - was it just moving everything into temporary storage and then trying to place it? Was it in Flash or HTML5? Any information would be helpful to help narrow down the issue. :)

DeletedUser7084

I just spent the best part of an hour redesigning my city, clicked on the save button only for "sorry server is unavailable, please refresh now" to appear. Almost an hour wasted.

Tigertjheu

Squire
Was this in reconstruction mode, or in the normal build mode? Do you remember the steps you did before it happened - was it just moving everything into temporary storage and then trying to place it? Was it in Flash or HTML5? Any information would be helpful to help narrow down the issue. :)
I start the game in HTML5.
I zoomed all the way out
I clicked on the building menu, and then the reconstruction mode
I placed all buildings in the temporaty storage
Than i tried to place the alcatraz, at that moment the game freezed.
(i cant redo the crash now, it seems to be fixed.)

Paulikater

Farmer
Absolutely great addition. First time you can correct positions of legendary buildings now as I really rarely got enough space to do this during growth of city. Now it´s easy, store these big ones, get a nice overwiew and rearrange everything. Eager to get this in my main game cities, there´s a lot of demand for this :)t
petty you don´t consider to turn buildings by 90°. Often layout demands 3x4 areas while you have got 4x3 buildings only or vice versa ;)

Tigertjheu

Squire
Yess it worked fine this time and there are a few things that i mis.
1. It is not possible to delete items, maybe a temporary trashcan that if you deleted something in the construction mode you have 24* hours to place them back.
Unless you did not save the city the items are gonna replaced back, if you save the city you get the supplies of the building, want to get it back? you have to pay the same costs that you've received from it.

2. I can in building mode place an building over another building and than i get that building in my hand.
That is not possible in construction mode.

3. I mis the option to cancel the thing in your hand, a good idea would be using back space or the spacebalk. So if you click on a great building you can cancel that move with the option and the building is getting placed back in the inventory with an easy and fast option.

4. If you have 20 wishing wells or 40 watchfire's it will come in handy if you wanna place them you do not need to click for every one again.
If you click the object in the building menu to build you have that building in your hand untill you placed them all, or you press backspace or the spacebalk to stop placing them.

Azkan

Farmer
bnjour, vous pourriez aussi ajouter dans cette nouvelle fonctionalité, la possibilté de tourner les batiments. Ceci afin d'optimiser au mieux la réorganisation de la cité. Ce serait très pratique de pouvoir changer de sens un batiment.
UNEutre question : Est-ce que les GM peuvent aussi etre stocké pour la réorganisation ?

TRANSLATION:
Could you also add in this new feature, the possibility of rotating the buildings. This is to optimize the reorganization of the city. It would be very practical to be able to change the direction of a building.
Another question: Can GBs also be stored for reorganization?

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-04-12 - Provided an English translation ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Azkan

Farmer
Les stockages de bâtiments ne vont plus servir alors ?

TRANSLATION:
The storage buildings will no longer serve then?

Last edited by a moderator:

OmegaLee

Steward
I love the idea overall.

It was weird to exit reconstruct mode to find items needed roads. Could not connected to road warning be added?

The Cherry Set got split among multiple tabs. It a large city, I suspect that could get confusing. Maybe at a set tab?

DeletedUser8150

The Cherry Set got split among multiple tabs. It a large city, I suspect that could get confusing. Maybe at a set tab?

Or allow us a 'lock' set button so we can move sets as a whole rather than as peices. I imagine some cities where there are many many sets this will be very annoying atm!

DeletedUser

Or allow us a 'lock' set button so we can move sets as a whole rather than as peices. I imagine some cities where there are many many sets this will be very annoying atm!
imagine 4 sets in one great group (4 palaces placed around one of the deko buildings)

DeletedUser

imagine 4 sets in one great group (4 palaces placed around one of the deko buildings)
There are whole cities of sets so thats very possible
I have this "set of four Maharaja sets" in my main city. I often re-build my city, but I never touch that particular set... That would be very nice, if I could "lock it", indeed...

This new feature is FANTASTIC, absolutely great, it would be even greater on mobile, I hope. The things I found it missig are:
- delete building/storage (where production from these buildings freezes, I imagine)
- temporary save option - in big cities redesigning takes a loooot of time, couple of hours or so
- more tabs - like in "real" building menu, maybe one alone for sets only?

DeletedUser8150

I have this "set of four Maharaja sets" in my main city. I often re-build my city, but I never touch that particular set... That would be very nice, if I could "lock it", indeed...

This new feature is FANTASTIC, absolutely great, it would be even greater on mobile, I hope. The things I found it missig are:
- delete building/storage (where production from these buildings freezes, I imagine)
- temporary save option - in big cities redesigning takes a loooot of time, couple of hours or so
- more tabs - like in "real" building menu, maybe one alone for sets only?

Its not specific to reconstruction, though it would help in that as well, but an ability to keep placing the same item (from build menu or especially inventory) Its annoying as ..... to have to keep going back to select it. Happens with placing sets or new housing

DeletedUser

Its not specific to reconstruction, though it would help in that as well, but an ability to keep placing the same item (from build menu or especially inventory) Its annoying as ..... to have to keep going back to select it. Happens with placing sets or new housing
Yes, you're absolutely right :)

And I forgot one more thing: when I have like 10 or more buildings of one type (victory towers eg.) and I have more pages in tab full of other buildings - then after I place one tower in my city, the menu is getting back at the first page, instead of staying at the page with towers. It would be very helpful if it was "glued" to that page after picking and placing item - like in "real" building menu.

babs

Merchant
Very pleased to see this! Three cheers :D:D:D

I agree with some previous comments;
- Would be very good (very very very...) to have a save option, so you can finish your re-org later. Only needs 1 slot (though more would be awesome ;))
- Flat 'map' view would really make it easier clearly see what you're doing... I think this is more useful than the 'normal' view for construction mode!
- Ability to build new / from inventory direct into construction mode would be a major time saver - particularly with regards sets. Likewise using store items etc.
- Ability to delete from construction mode would be good (or abandon unused items when done)
Strongly agree with Oceanbrew, regarding a "Flat Map". I definitely need the Flat Map option. I tried the new reconstruction option, but could not see behind the buildings (hard to organize same size buildings, connect roads and lost extra space). We should have both map options available, during reconstruction. With limited expansions/space, every "square" is valuable. The current "single" method, you can not see through buildings, making it difficult to connect roads properly, as required, and to use any hidden extra space (which could be filed or used more proficiently). When you have a flat map, you see every square. This would be more efficient and easier to arrange the buildings, by size, connect the roads, and see any hidden space (lost space). A duel map option, to include the current and a flat map, would certainly be more beneficial.

DeletedUser6484

A nice feature. Thanks
Seems to function correctly for me when I use it. Two things I would suggest:
1. Add additional storage tabs which parallel the building menu tabs to make it a little easier to sort through buildings once they are in temp storage.
2. I like being able to drag the cursor to remove multiple buildings quickly but I also like to click and hold mouse button to slide the city screen which seems to be not possible in reconstruction mode. (Maybe I'm not doing it right) My city is large, so even fully zoomed out, I may need to move it around while in reconstruct mode in order to get to all of the buildings. Can the function to slide the whole screen somehow be allowed in this mode?

DeletedUser8048

one issue I have discovered is that in an area I have moved buildings in and out of while in reconstruction now won't let me place anything in about a 8x8 area. I have gone through that whole area with the "move to reconstruction storage area" button activated and there is nothing there . If I save it, will the buildings still in temporary area disappear?

NormaJeane

Viceroy
bnjour, vous pourriez aussi ajouter dans cette nouvelle fonctionalité, la possibilté de tourner les batiments. Ceci afin d'optimiser au mieux la réorganisation de la cité. Ce serait très pratique de pouvoir changer de sens un batiment.
UNEutre question : Est-ce que les GM peuvent aussi etre stocké pour la réorganisation ?

TRANSLATION:
Could you also add in this new feature, the possibility of rotating the buildings. This is to optimize the reorganization of the city. It would be very practical to be able to change the direction of a building.
Another question: Can GBs also be stored for reorganization?

Answer on rotating buildings:
Won't happen. It would require all new artwork for every building in the game.

Answer on Great Buildings:
Yes, Great Buildings can be stored in reconstruction mode.

Les stockages de bâtiments ne vont plus servir alors ?

TRANSLATION:
The storage buildings will no longer serve then?

Storage Buildings will keep their functionality as is (allowing to store Event Buildings in inventory).