• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Oceanic Future Part 6

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8277

Can anyone who has the Galaxy answer if the amount of coins/supplies are doubled from the SMB/LoA/RAH amount or is it the base amount?

DeletedUser8108

As much as I DON'T like the Passive Bonus as Medals from the new GB, they are ABSOLUTELY POOR. No one needs 1450 medals at FREAKING LEVEL 50. You might as well remove it to avoid the shame you are bringing upon yourself.

Lionhead

Baronet
As much as I DON'T like the Passive Bonus as Medals from the new GB, they are ABSOLUTELY POOR. No one needs 1450 medals at FREAKING LEVEL 50. You might as well remove it to avoid the shame you are bringing upon yourself.

Why can´t you wrap your brain around the fact that medals is an ACTIVE bonus?
Other Active bonuses are:
Coins
Supplies
Unrefined goods to your inventory
Refined goods to Guild Treasury
Unattached militay units
Fp´s
(Or none of the above)

If you bothered to read other comments in this thread you´d know that there are some players, who actually can use Medals. Even endgame players. That includes myself. And no, I haven´t got an Arc beyond level 24 on any of my secondary worlds.
So when you write that No one can use medals, it simply isn´t true.
Here´s what I think:
No one needs Coins
No one need Supplies
No one need unrefined Goods
Absolutely no treasury needs refined goods.
Everyone who engages daily in battle could probably do with a second GB which provides unattached units, but then again. A lot of endgame players who has a decent Ark is most likely to have a high Alcatraz as well.
Absolutely everyone (doesn´t need, but) want fp´s. But as this GB most likely will produce fp´s as a result of the PASSIVE bonus, you won´t get it as the ACTIVE bonus too.

So unless IG comes up with a brand new thing for ACTIVE bonus (such as boost bottles), Medals is the least worthless bonus.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
While everyone else in this thread pitches and yaws over the new GB, I'm gonna instead focus on this. You can't just come in here and say that the stats were wrong without telling us what they actually are! That's just mean! :( Like...how are they wrong? Some of the stats *were* different from the counterparts, if you're alluding to how some things looked like they were just copied over...but it wasn't just that. Could we instead see the actual stats?
I don't see what's mean. People here were discussing wrong stats and even saying they should not have been taken down from the Wiki, when in fact they were misleading so it's better that they were removed at this time. It doesn't mean that I had the stats handy to post them. That was just me pointing out not to base your assumptions/feedback on them.

Would it be better if no one corrects that and you continue working with wrong stats? Anyway, here are the current stats:
Gliders.png Medusa.png Scimitar.png

Hi devs, how doesn Blue Galaxy work, if you use the 5-diamonds-collect-all button? (Same question for lighthouse and royal albert hall, if you have more buildings).
It still means that you have an X% chance that N of the collections will be doubled. Collections with the "collect all" happen all at once so it could be randomly any of the collections in the city (of course the normal "rules" of it not working on GBs, etc. still apply). Same goes for all such boosts.

Can anyone who has the Galaxy answer if the amount of coins/supplies are doubled from the SMB/LoA/RAH amount or is it the base amount?
The final amount is doubled, after all other bonuses have been applied.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I don't see what's mean. People here were discussing wrong stats and even saying they should not have been taken down from the Wiki, when in fact they were misleading so it's better that they were removed at this time. It doesn't mean that I had the stats handy to post them. That was just me pointing out not to base your assumptions/feedback on them.

Would it be better if no one corrects that and you continue working with wrong stats? Anyway, here are the current stats:

TY :) And i think he was just teasing about being mean lol

The differences in stats don't change especially my thoughts on the units.

The flyers die easier - but were never going to survive that well to begin with - i can't imagine even paying attention to swarm since with that base defense it'll die in 2 shots anyways on anything challenging unless i can pretty please ask the enemy to attack the 1 unit that has 6 next to it instead of the rest of a pack of 7 that only has 3. Perhaps an interesting mechanic on this theme might be instead of adding flat defense having all units adjacent share the damage taken so that there's a better chance they all survive weaker rather than have 2 die and 1 at full health - still think any unit with a defensive ability needs some base defense to speak of though.

The scimitar is beefier than the manta now - which i guess in my eyes leaves it as a straight upgrade - i had great fun with dragon drones before they got drowned by the defensive stats of the last couple units so i'm looking forward to seeing where i can use the scimitar.

The medusa remains a gimmick to mess with turturrets and hover tanks (and that's ok).

qaccy

Emperor
@Darkstar Thanks for the images! And yes, as @xivarmy said above I was only kidding around with the jab. I had tried to base my original analysis off of how I perceived the units would be used and their abilities rather than their numerical stats (which still isn't as good as actually using them, but alas, my beta city's been abandoned in HMA for quite a while now). A good bit of what I said is still invalidated based on the stats you displayed, though. Here're my updated thoughts.

First off, it bears repeating that I want to see a unit's turn order displayed in-game. Is this ever going to happen or even be commented on to dismiss it as a possibility? Anyway:

Gliders: I now see that Gliders are an indirect buff to Mantas, as they do not outrange Contact and I presume they're going to be replacing Eels at random in GE battles as currently happens with the Octopod/Crab and Sub/Nautilus. Swarm is a much larger defense bonus than I anticipated, which I like. However, depending on how it works will affect just how significant it is. If it's tacked on after calculating military bonus, an Eel with 90% bonus is going to have 285 defense compared to a Glider's 228, and each Swarm bonus will add 30 to that. 90% isn't an unreasonable boost level to have by the time somebody's in OF, but for enemy units in GE the effect will be even more drastic. It could also be pretty inconsequential, though - the Glider basically trades stealth for flying and a significantly larger weakness to Mantas and Octopods compared to Eels. The weaknesses make sense, as these units are supposed to have the advantage, but now it looks odd in comparison that the Eel is capable of mitigating this fact against both of them by either hiding or staying at max range.

Scimitar: I'll admit, the original stats I saw were a lot more interesting to me. I was actually hoping that when you provided the correct stats, that I'd see all 3 units with 'opposite' military bonuses to go along with what I originally saw the Scimitar with. Alas, that appears to not be the case...but although I'm disappointed by the actual stats based on that, the unit still looks pretty solid. Dragon Drones will still have a very niche use occasionally, but for the most part this unit will completely take over their use by players. It's plain to see that Dragon Breath can only function properly with an attack range of 1, and unlike Drones this one will definitely not struggle to kill OF fast units. It sadly does still get stopped by Reactive Armor and Force Field, but hitting two units for a total of 6 damage or 8 damage is still better than hitting a single unit for 3 or 4, and this one should actually be able to take hits in return rather than being completely decimated like the Drone is.

Medusa: Alright, this one is weird now. The unit was originally described as having 'wonderful shields', but it's tied for 3rd lowest of all the OF units with no defensive special abilities to speak of. This means it's behind the Sub and Nautilus as well, which share the 140 value but have Dug In and Force Field respectively, as well as terrain bonuses they're able to use. I'll repeat that this unit should not have terrain bonuses, as the player is unable to move the unit in order to make use of them. Can you imagine the feeling of spawning in a forest or a bush, probably right next to a rock or plains and being unable to shift over to it? I'm not saying the unit should be able to move, but that there should be no terrain bonuses. Work them into the base stats instead, and give it some beefy defenses to compensate for the fact that it's a sitting duck after it makes its first move, and to address the issue that the Medusa is advertised in the announcement as having 'wonderful shields'. 140 defense with no extra abilities is nowhere near 'wonderful' by OF standards; the Octopod is still king with its staggering 220 defensive value. How come the Medusa doesn't have at least this much?

Here's a full summary of my thoughts on each unit, now that OF units are done being released:

Eel: Very powerful unit. Always moves first (excluding Rapid Deployment), hits hard, has decent defense and gets stealth as well. Able to outrange Mantas (gets chased down by them though) and stay away from Octopods, giving them a better matchup than they should have against their 'weak' units. A decrease in their attack range to 9 could solve this problem.

Gliders: Much easier to deal with than the Eel, or in other words it's weaker. Trades off too much for the flying ability, and swarm in most cases is still going to leave it with less defense than an Eel.

Crab: Attack is through the roof, but very hard to make use of. Variety in unit armies makes it hard to find situations where this unit's unique strengths can really be utilized. Pretty one-dimensional and ineffective as a result. Poor defenses don't help, as it means just about everything can knock them out in 3 hits.

Octopod: Scary unit on paper. I like this one! If there's one thing I could suggest it's a movement increase so it can chase down Eels in stealth.

Manta: Poison is not helpful and its range is too low. Solid stats though, so when it attacks it hurts and it can take a bit of a beating. A range increase to 10 would give it a much better matchup against Eels and Octopods, two of the units it's supposed to have an easy time with.

Scimitar: This unit looks like a monster. Dragon Breath while still having a high attack value. Without a rebalance to Mantas, I think this unit can do everything they can but better.

Turturret: My pick for the best/strongest OF unit. Piles on damage like no other, and this is key in GE where you want to destroy everything as quickly as possible. Also a severe counter to rogues, which brings a lot of strategy back into OF combat. This unit does not require any (upward) rebalancing, but may need to be watched for a possible nerf if it remains powerful going into new ages.

Medusa: Very disappointing. Needs a significant increase to its defenses otherwise it's good for one attack per battle. Or, make it so that one attack actually has an impact because blast is not significant enough to require a change in battle strategy. Remove terrain bonuses and increase the base stats instead.

Sub: This unit is both great and hard to use. Contact hits almost everything that attacks it, and it's got high defense against the stuff it doesn't. However, to me this is a problem. A Contact unit's weakness has generally always been to stuff that can avoid the retaliation. In the case of the Sub, this is only artillery. Is it intended for the Sub's biggest weakness to be one of the units it's supposed to counter, and for all of its counter units to be vulnerable to retaliation? I'd rather deal reduced damage due to a bad type matchup than get hit for just as much or more damage than I'm dealing, especially if the follow-up hit from another unit (or the Sub I attacked) is just going to get me killed first.

Nautilus: I like this unit, but I don't find many places to use it. Somewhat ironically, Force Field ends up helping it more against its bad matchups than its good ones. Eels sometimes require three shots to bring one down, which is mind-boggling for a unit that's supposed to have the advantage (I live in a world where counter units are very favored to kill their target in two hits). Better than Subs against artillery as well as Dragon Breath, so I think this unit is fine overall.

Overall: Very interesting to have two ages' worth of units instead released in a single age. However, a bit of potential was wasted in my opinion by keeping the 'rock paper scissors' of unit matchups the same for both units of a type. I personally think it'd be more interesting to have one unit be boosted against two units, and for the counterpart to be boosted against the other two units. I think there are overall enough variables and possible type matchups in this system that it could work out pretty well. Here's how I think it'd look:

Crab: fast/range
Octo: light/artillery

Gliders: range/artillery
Eel: heavy/light

Nautilus: artillery/light
Sub: fast/heavy

Manta: heavy/fast
Scimitar: artillery/range

Turturret: light/heavy
Medusa: range/fast

I feel like this proposed design also plays a bit more into the strengths of specific units. For example, the Manta outranges the Gliders but not the Eel, so why not let the Eel have a bonus against light units? The Manta still has a bonus against fast units as well, so this 'stalemate' of the unit bonuses better reflects how the actual matchup plays out in-game. This is the trend I tried to keep going when I looked at what each unit's bonuses should be. However, one fairly significant drawback to this is that it effectively means that each unit only has one solid counter out of the full lineup of 10. Is this a good idea? Perhaps not, but I wanted to share my thoughts anyway.

DeletedUser7961

Wonderful analysis. I completely agree with everything you have said. I really hope a dev reads it and relays it to the balance team.

DeletedUser5097

Expanded Feedback Oceanic Future
ep. 1; 2, 3; 4; 5 & 6

Beta version, I may make later a review based of possible changes

General, style, stuff like that
The style is wonderfull. The advisers seems to be inspired by the move Waterworld. My personal
favorite is the general in this. I watched the movie and for how did this 2 will understand me why
it's a funny charachter to chooise for the general.xd While Princess Myciena looks ready to dive
in the water, what is a wonderfull designe. Sadly I didn't encounter her during the story.:( I guass
I mist her, but I hope I'll see here in the main story line back, one day. For our admiral she also
looks ready to dive into the depths of the oceans.
For the TT, this age is huge. With 55 technologies to unlock is this age more than 3x larger
than the future TT. While AF was just 1.8x larger than the future. Meaning an large increase
of stuff to discover. Also the OF TT isn't a mess like AF. This is very good, I guass you guys
worked also the tech. slots of the TT out? It's very nice TT compared to AF and very simelar,
but much larger than the TT of other ages.
It's very nice that this age starts with it's own style and is not a DLC like AF in the begin a
expansion was of the future. Expansions or extra's of the core game is also known as
DLC, it's kinda expansion. So for a age in this game a DLC would be more tech. to advance
in the same age with the same style. Technicly AF was a another age but the style was
still the solarpunk style of the Future. While OF was from mainbuilding till the last building
in OF style and that's very nice.:) Also the spoilers provided by Inno as the concepts for
some buildings for this age where great.:D I hope you guys will do it once again for the
Coming Soon age, since this is making is only more intressted to what the next theme
might be.

Buildings

The many diffrent wonderfull buildings to chooise from are very nice. When building
up a OF city with OF buildings your city catch realy the OF style.:) The waterways
are helping with this aswell.

Special Good

The special good is intressting. Ackording to wikipedia it's a mysteriouse materiall
and it's involved with the myth of Atlantis, or maybe it's not a myth afterall... the port
looks very nice. Also the layout is very nice. Sadly a increase of costs in repairs and
medalls for the medall crewmember.:/ Perhaps that's why we need medalls of the
3th OF GB.:)

Storyline & map

As for the storyline and the map is it finaly once again a very great combination. The
storyline is finaly getting more intresting again. Sadly once again very large voids
thanks to the many provinces.:( Anyways the map looks amazing and exploring the
depths was very cool.

Units
As for the units I would like to change my way to give feedback. This in a more clear
way of ballance and use of my expirence. I added under the unit some units that are
fantastic in hunting them, so this is where the unit is weak against.
Please be aware that the expirence is based of GE, since GE armies having bonuses
that are the closest to my attack bonus. Thanks to this is it a much more fair expirence
than basing it on the comp. map, GvG and PvP. Also the feedback is based on expirence
and not on raw unit stats, since basing feedback blind on raw stats is simply giving
a wrong image. For example at first I fought the Octopud was very bad due it's raw
stats, but in reality this is not the case.

Subs
Subs are shining in their range. For people how like to have a unit that can be used as a sniper, the
sub is good unit. This unit also will take always take revange, making it a better sniper. Personaly
I prefare the sub above the Natilia because of Contact since in my opinion is this a better skill and
is it working much better.
This unit is a good allrounder, but is very weak against eels and octopods. It's the strongest against
the manta's by avoiding their contact damage, best against Medusa's since they are cursed by
quick deployment and the subs are strong against Scimitar since they have no range what so
ever.
Sub-hunters
>Eels; Eels hiting hard with the unit bonus, using heat to deal with the contact damage and are able to use stealth
>Octopods; Octopods are blessed with good defence and can use Frenzy to avoid contact damage
(crabs in very few situations are crab decant sub hunters, due reactive armor and blast)

Eel

The eel is one of the best allrounder, but heavely overlooked some times. Often getting more credit
than it should. The eel is fantastic in avoiding damage, but due the lack of defence the eel heavely
relaid on bushes. Making it in practical use much more limited to bushes.
The eel shines in taking down subs and turturets. Yet the eel is pretty good in taking down Nautilla
and decant against the Medusa. Still the eel is very weak against the Manta. Since the manta will
force the eel to making a distance. Thanks to unit bonus a eel need 3-4 hits, but much more often
many more hits to taking down manta's and often it's by that time already too late. It's very weak
against crabs how can directly strike them dispite the stealth. The octopod and Scimitar are very
dangerous thanks to their close combat skills, neutrilize the eels stealth skill.
Eel-hunters
>Crab; Hiding don't save you buddy, crabs ignore stealth using blast and dealing large damage due eels lack in defence + reactive armor
>Manta; The manta is fantastic in pushing eels back, causing them to running out of bushes to go, combined with good att. stats they deal great
damage and poisen deals with eels how get away
>Octopod; This unit shines in close combat due Frenzy, since eels are bounded to bushes they often are close to each other, making it easy
for a octopod to use their stealth in it's advantage, it's relative good attack and great defence are very helpfull with hunting them in the main
time
>Scimitar; Perhaps the king of eel hunters, chase quickly eels and use their stealth skill and lack of armor to it's advantage, since eels will
get close to each other hidding in bushes, are they easy multi targets for this strong unit

Crab

The Crab is the underdog of OF ep. 1 and perhaps it never lost this stats. Still I must laugh of in my opinion the best name
based joke in the game. The crap instead of the crab.:p Realy memorable. Even while I strugled some time to find a good
and fair way of deploy and use the crab in my army I find a way. You can compaire the crab the best with the light unit
of the Future, but simply a strong improved version in stats and a more aussult version with reactive armor 4. This unit
shines in dealing with stealth, near confrontations and powerfull attacks from nearby. At first it may looks like a sitting
duck, but it isn't. The combination of reactive armor and blast proved to be usefull for me, with beeing a key in some
tough victories in GE, especialy when dealing with some eels. Thanks to the crab the eel evens out in the current game
ballance.
However the Crab is very weak against turturrets, since they can't reach them in time. The Scimitar is scary with beeing
fast and dragon drone, but might be able to outsmart, but AI in GE is sometimes tricky. The manta has good potantion
with poisen as a great hazerd for the crab.
Crab-hunters
>Turturrets; Turturrets are kings in crab hunt, their range and mortier is fantastic to deal with the reactive armor and lack of movment
>Scimitar; Like dragondrones it's handy when you can strike more than one well armord foe
(manta; manta's poisen helps to bring the crab over the edge and they can run away to let poisen do it's job)

Turturret

The turturret is a powerfull artil. unit. Thanks to mortier, but by far not OP. Since mortier can be avoid easely and the attacks are
not too strong anyways. The turturret finds often a job in spreading damage over the ennemy and weaken the foes greatly.
Still the turturret must be carefull with flying units, eels and some times with subs. However I find subs not much as a hazerd
for the turturret at all, since a another unit can protect this unit with no problem.
Turturret-hunters
>Eels; this units are fantastic in hunting them, stealth helps to disable their attacks, but don't prevent all attacks, they can easy kill them when they like
>Gliders; Gliders are totaly immune for artil. so turturrets having no realistic chanche to deal major damage
(nautilies; when used proper and forcefield works smooth, it's range, movment and reduced damage with force field helps great)

Manta

The Manta is a unit to pick up for great attack power. If you need a powerhouse, the Manta is your unit. Poisen has the
potention to be deadly, but is more often fantastic in chipping hp away of tough unts, like crabs. This makes the unit
fantastic against crabs. Also eels must be very carefull with this unit. Thanks to good unit bonus in defence, eels are not
dealing much damage, while the manta is dealing great damage. Eels can been easely pushed back, making it impossible
for them to outrange the manta within stealthmode.
The manta is also overall a good unit, when you want good attack damge to deal.
Manta-hunters
>Subs; Subs outrange the manta's, so they avoid contact and will deal always revange damage with contact themself
>Nautilius; Also outrange manta's range and using unit bonus very well
>Turturret; Turturret outrange also manta and deals fantastic damage with unit bonus + mortier helps to take down may more than 1 at once
>Medusa; Depanding on your luck with quick deployment (it's a curse), will deal great damage and outrange them as well

Nautilius

I'll try to said something nice of this unit, but it's a bit tough. This unit can be used as a sniper, but doesn't have
that great stats what so ever. It comes with the forcefield, so if you realy want that on a unit, this unit can be
a nice thing.
Nautilies-hunters
>Eels; Eels using speed and stealth mode to keep clear, with good unit bonus they taking good care of them
>Crabs; Depanding on your luck, with blast they deal with the forcefield and reactive armor covers their back
>Octopod; They quickly move towards them, than using Frenzy smart to target 2 at once, with some luck you can take 2 down in 2 turns
(gliders; decant good thanks to high att. stats to deal with forcefield and unit bonus helps very well)

Octopod

The Octopod is a unit with a surprising high speed. It shines in close combat and is fantastic in hunting down
eels. It can take many hits from eels and with it's speed it's aslo able to push eels back. Making it very difficult
for eels to find a hiding spot. It also shines in fighting in fighting subs. Since it's has a nice defence and can
avoid contact damage by standing next to one and attacking another unit. When smart played this unit can
kill in 2 turns with 2 Octopods 2 ennemy units how are weak against it.
If your looking for a decant unit, a close combat unit, or a altarnative eel hunter this is a good option. It's also
a very good option as altarnative of the Scimitar for close combat situations and attacking more than 1
target at a time.
Octopod-hunters
>Turturret; Same with crabs, using mortier but must be done faster; octopod is much faster and better defence
>Manta; The manta is very good to deal with the high defence and poisen helps with pushing them over the edge
>Medusa; If this unit wasn't cursed by quickly deployment this unit would be very well with blast, in taking down this units
>Scimitar; Is decant in hunting this units, since they must come first closer to get them in range, but when they do and are be nice
enough to staiding in a row, this unit can rock

NEW 3 UNITS - EP.6

Scimitar

The Scimitar is a weaker dragonbreath user than the original Dragondrone. On raw stats it may looks a bit OP, but in
reality this unit is as mobile as the dragondrone. Since flying helpt Dragone with moving and this unit don't have that.
It's a weaker dragonbreath user since it don't get anything in return of dropping flying. I suppose stealth on specific
terrain, but only because of Medusa, otherwise a more defensive skill like dug in would be great.
This unit shines in the hunt of eels. Much like the RG the eel seems not to have much to worry about, but there are
enough units that are fantastic against them to create a good ballance. This unit is one of them. This unit using the
eels behaivoir and great need to jump in bushes to survive. Since this will result in the situation where eels will staid
close to each other. Using dragonbreath smartly this unit will quickly deal with this lovely eels very easy and smooth,
making eels dissapear easy. Futher more this unit is more usefull for fans of dragonbreath, but for people how don't
like that skill, this unit is someting to forget quickly.
Scimitar-hunters
>Subs; A unit with no range has little changes, but against a sniper like unit, the subs taking them down before they can get close
>Nautilia; Same as sub
>Turturret; Indito + mortier will take down multiple Scimitar depanding on your luck
>Medusa; With attacks powerd by blast in combination with great range, the Scimitar don't stands a change and can't do anything
but hoping Medusa will spare it

Gliders

Gliders are the best ballanced units as they are right now. Flying is a skill many where missing in this age and on
a unit that's based of flying fish it makes the most sense of them all. As well it's unique skill swarm. Animails
living in swarms having a great increase of survivle. When your striking as a swarm it's harder for some one to
effective hit you. So a defence boost is very nice.
For the units ballance. Fly is simply good as it is and we all know what it does. For swarm it is a good skill, since
this unit lacks in defence stats. So with a bonus like this is wonderfull. Also this skill will help to be copative with the
eel. Since this skill reduce damage, but don't give a possibility of preventing it, unlike stealth. Even while stealth
is heavely depanding on terrain, something that the majority seems to forget. This unit is simply good in what
it's suposed to do and absolutly don't need any change what so ever. From all units in this game, this unit is
good as it is right now.
Gliders-hunters
>Crabs; depanding on how many your fighting, the crabs are blessed with blast to deal with raised att. power
>Octopod; Using it's skill and units bonus is this unit great in fighting this units, let them come closer
>Scimitar; Since most fast units are getting close and may stands close to each other, this unit maybe be able to us dragonbreath
>Manta's; Manta's will always take revange on attack of them and are very powerfull atackers, making swarm not a big deal

Medusa

Talking about dissepointments. This artil. unit is awkward in many ways and dissepointing. First the skill set.
Quickly deployment is not a blessing for this unit; it's a curse, making this unit more a sitting duck than it is by placing it in front
Blast, eh it must have been a long day working this thing out and giving it skills, but there are 0 OF units with stealth where this
thing has a bonus against. So if you want to knockout Hovertanks with it, you might be able to give a OF unit stealth, like you did
in AF with the behemoth... maybe on the Scimitar on for example rocks/hills? Like behemoth, you know like AF...
Well this unit was promist to be a great defensive unit. It has terrible defensive stats. Maybe the Quickly deployment
can be switcht with a new type of defensive skill that is so good that this unit can't move, or reactive armor 3, since
reactive armor 3 fit with great shields.;)
As a sidenote I would like to said that Medusa is more a land based myth, rather a Oceanic one, but I think the
myth Hydra is the best altarnative, since he is oceanic and looks simelar looking to this unit.;)
Medusa-hunters
>Subs; Depanding on your luck, Medusa's quick deployment and subs contact skill kills Medusa quickly
>Nauthila; Unit bonus, it's range, movment and forcefield will help him out
>Gliders; They totaly don't need to worry about artil. so yeah goodby Medusa,
(eels; The eel will take damage from the quick deployment, but unit bonus will help the eel)

Units-ballance conclussion
All units before the final 3 units are good as they are right now. No need for any change and absolutly
no nerth. The current ballance is good enough, but just the Medusa unit is crying for great changes in
skill set and stats. If you want to keep blast on Medusa, please give Scimitar stealth, like the behemoth
got in AF due the plasma artil.'s blast that you wanted to keep on it.;)
Well for drastic changes in ballance, in my opinion it's extremely risky and tricky to do it in this last
minute moment to change everything. For the final 3 units I think there is the best place to shift
a bit the skill sets of Medusa and the Scimimar.

Screenshots - new 3 units

As for the players basing their feedback of the new units only on the raw unit stats, rather than on
the real performance of the units, perhaps because they can't test this out; because they are not
in Béta in OF. This are screenshots of the Medusa and the Scimitar, the last once's possiblity
to attack compared to the dragon drone. You will be able to see that the new unit is weaker than
the dragondrone.

I assume that previouse feedback of others of the last 3 units was also based off raw stats, rather than
real performance, no offense. Took me also long enough to hit final ages in Béta, it takes some paison
and time to catching up with the development of the game in Béta.
Scimitar (the dark places are where he can go and what he can strike next turn)
GEMedusa2.png

The dark spots are what the dragondrone can strike in the next turn
GEMedusa3.png

As you see the dragondrone is much better than the Scimitar.

Dessire

Regent
when the part 6 will be official released?
also, for guild expedition can somebody tell me which one or ones are the best military unit(s)? (for OF including the new ones)

DeletedUser8277

The final amount is doubled, after all other bonuses have been applied.
Thank you for the clarification.

If I built this GB I would be using it trying to get the chance on Palaces, which I use for the obvious benefits but also the trigger Supply/Coin quests but with my current boost is getting far more than 2X for those with an approximate 7% chance of 5 inventory FP as is. It being boosted after the fact makes this building more valuable, at least in my humble opinion.

Why can´t you wrap your brain around the fact that medals is an ACTIVE bonus?
Other Active bonuses are:
Coins
Supplies
Unrefined goods to your inventory
Refined goods to Guild Treasury
Unattached militay units
Fp´s
(Or none of the above)

If you bothered to read other comments in this thread you´d know that there are some players, who actually can use Medals. Even endgame players. That includes myself. And no, I haven´t got an Arc beyond level 24 on any of my secondary worlds.
So when you write that No one can use medals, it simply isn´t true.
Here´s what I think:
No one needs Coins
No one need Supplies
No one need unrefined Goods
Absolutely no treasury needs refined goods.
Everyone who engages daily in battle could probably do with a second GB which provides unattached units, but then again. A lot of endgame players who has a decent Ark is most likely to have a high Alcatraz as well.
Absolutely everyone (doesn´t need, but) want fp´s. But as this GB most likely will produce fp´s as a result of the PASSIVE bonus, you won´t get it as the ACTIVE bonus too.

So unless IG comes up with a brand new thing for ACTIVE bonus (such as boost bottles), Medals is the least worthless bonus.

I would argue that the doubling effect is an active bonus.
Unlike the AO where the chance of a crit hit is an ever present possibility that doesn't need refreshing and is therefore passive, the charges from Kracken and Blue Galaxy being finite in number are something that once used need to be collected again from the GB and as such can be considered an active bonus.
Had the charges been unlimited in number then I would agree that it was a passive bonus.
But they aren't, so I don't :)

qaccy

Emperor
I would argue that the doubling effect is an active bonus.
Unlike the AO where the chance of a crit hit is an ever present possibility that doesn't need refreshing and is therefore passive, the charges from Kracken and Blue Galaxy being finite in number are something that once used need to be collected again from the GB and as such can be considered an active bonus.
Had the charges been unlimited in number then I would agree that it was a passive bonus.
But they aren't, so I don't :)

To be clear, an 'active' bonus here refers to a GB's production. The item that you can collect when the timer reaches 0 or when the GB levels. You don't collect double collection from this GB, you collect medals which incidentally refreshes the passive effect of randomly doubling x number of other building collections. That's what 'active' or 'passive' means regarding GB effects. The medals are active because they're what the GB actually produces and what you collect, and the double collection bonus is passive.

@drakenridder Thoughtful analysis. I like that you included the bits about the age as a whole to really round it out and I agree with most of it, that the aesthetics are very consistent and the tech tree seems to be more thought-out than the one from AF. However, I do disagree with some parts in your thoughts on the military.

First off, you mostly just reinforced what a lot of us will already know - that each unit is good against its boosted units and bad against the ones boosted against it. You didn't go into very much detail over the minutiae of some of the murkier unit matchups. For example, while Octopods are certainly going to tear through Eels very quickly, they have to reach them first. Octopods unfortunately don't get many discounts when crossing over terrain, and battlefields in OF (and OF GE) have a loooooot of bushes and forests. It can take an Octopod 2 or 3 or even more turns to finally be able to reach an Eel, which by comparison has free movement on the battlefield to bounce around between different bushes and stay away. By the time an Octopod finally manages to catch up to an Eel, it's probably lost over half of its health already and that's if it ever even makes it. All that being said, the Octopod is still a strong unit (as I also mentioned) and works very well as a general-purpose unit when you're feeling too lazy to fight manually, much like the Battle Fortress in AF.

Regarding the Eel, you make a good point that it essentially relies on stealth to the exclusion of its other bonuses. But does this mean that the Eel is a bad unit, or does it mean that stealth is a powerful ability? Considering we're still using Hover Tanks in GE, I have to say that stealth is a powerful ability. Perhaps even too powerful. Would we be using Hover Tanks if they didn't have stealth?

I also disagree with your comparison between Dragon Drones and the Scimitar. The Drone is certainly more mobile, but that's not the end-all for determining a unit's power. When I look at those images you attached at the end, I see the Scimitar being capable of nearly double the retaliation damage, meaning it hits far harder than the Drone does. And the important thing to remember here is that any unit that's in range of a Dragon Drone's first move will also be in range of a Scimitar's first move. And after the entire first round of battle's completed and all units have had a chance to move, both units will have targets to attack. Is the movement difference going to have that much of an impact that it negates the Scimitar's significant stat advantage? I personally don't think so.

I think you went a little bit too light on the Sub, Nautilus and Gliders compared to my own post. In particular you seem to have overlooked that the Nautilus has essentially the same stats as the Sub, that Force Field works great on multi-hit abilities (touched on in your Turturret analysis) and that the Swarm ability isn't going to overcome the defense difference between Eels and Gliders once you factor in the % boost on both your own units and especially the mega-boosted GE units.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
NEW 3 UNITS - EP.6

Scimitar

The Scimitar is a weaker dragonbreath user than the original Dragondrone. On raw stats it may looks a bit OP, but in
reality this unit is as mobile as the dragondrone. Since flying helpt Dragone with moving and this unit don't have that.
It's a weaker dragonbreath user since it don't get anything in return of dropping flying. I suppose stealth on specific
terrain, but only because of Medusa, otherwise a more defensive skill like dug in would be great.
This unit shines in the hunt of eels. Much like the RG the eel seems not to have much to worry about, but there are
enough units that are fantastic against them to create a good ballance. This unit is one of them. This unit using the
eels behaivoir and great need to jump in bushes to survive. Since this will result in the situation where eels will staid
close to each other. Using dragonbreath smartly this unit will quickly deal with this lovely eels very easy and smooth,
making eels dissapear easy. Futher more this unit is more usefull for fans of dragonbreath, but for people how don't
like that skill, this unit is someting to forget quickly.
Scimitar-hunters
>Subs; A unit with no range has little changes, but against a sniper like unit, the subs taking them down before they can get close
>Nautilia; Same as sub
>Turturret; Indito + mortier will take down multiple Scimitar depanding on your luck
>Medusa; With attacks powerd by blast in combination with great range, the Scimitar don't stands a change and can't do anything
but hoping Medusa will spare it

While your point on the mobility restriction of having to deal with terrain instead of flying is reasonable, your example pic is kindof a worst case scenario - the AI parked the scimitar right behind a pair of rough terrain - on a map filled with rough terrain. Their movement stat is the same as the eel - and eel mobility is not remotely lacking compared to the dragon drone.

Perhaps important though is why the dragon drone stopped working. Prior to the nautilus inclusion i used dragon drones for close to half the GE encounters. After the nautilus' inclusion it went way down as it'd take 5-6 hits to kill a nautilus and that was just too much. The octopod was the final death blow as it was another unit that'd just take way too many hits. The scimitar has much higher base stats (scaled further by my boosts), and a bonus vs the octopod. The important thing to remember with dragon breath units is that they don't need to 2 hit things - even getting to 3-5 damage is good enough if in the first rounds you're hitting multiple units for that much. The main concern is where units tend to be on their first turn - and whether they can be avoided til your second turn if you have to. The additional vulnerability to turturrets will somewhat limit their use but mixing with some eels or turturrets of your own should be feasible in that case.

Regardless i will try my best to make the scimitar work as it's my best hope atm to save myself from the hover tank spam blues :p The nautilus and octopod only caused me to use more and more of them.

Gliders are the best ballanced units as they are right now. Flying is a skill many where missing in this age and on
a unit that's based of flying fish it makes the most sense of them all. As well it's unique skill swarm. Animails
living in swarms having a great increase of survivle. When your striking as a swarm it's harder for some one to
effective hit you. So a defence boost is very nice.
For the units ballance. Fly is simply good as it is and we all know what it does. For swarm it is a good skill, since
this unit lacks in defence stats. So with a bonus like this is wonderfull. Also this skill will help to be copative with the
eel. Since this skill reduce damage, but don't give a possibility of preventing it, unlike stealth. Even while stealth
is heavely depanding on terrain, something that the majority seems to forget. This unit is simply good in what
it's suposed to do and absolutly don't need any change what so ever. From all units in this game, this unit is
good as it is right now.
Gliders-hunters
>Crabs; depanding on how many your fighting, the crabs are blessed with blast to deal with raised att. power
>Octopod; Using it's skill and units bonus is this unit great in fighting this units, let them come closer
>Scimitar; Since most fast units are getting close and may stands close to each other, this unit maybe be able to us dragonbreath
>Manta's; Manta's will always take revange on attack of them and are very powerfull atackers, making swarm not a big deal

I think you're off the mark on this one - flying will make it situationally useful (lots of artillery in both waves). It's balanced very similar to the TE combat drone - high attack, low defense. Swarm can't be of much (any?) use due to its lack of innate defense though - +defense specials only matter if the unit has good defense to begin with - only reactive armor can compensate for having no base defense to speak of.

But if there's 2+ artillery in both waves then 8 gliders will stand a decent chance (and if there's not i hope for the scimitar - much how i fought TE expedition - combat drones if 2+ artillery in each, stealth tanks if not)

maxbergheim

Squire
-I will not build the new GB because the collected bonus will be wasted. I often collect the production buildings and I can not wait to collect them so as not to waste the bonus. it would be a very annoying thing. or you have the option to choose when to use the bonus or it would be too irritating to have that GB. the second bonus is useless. maybe it would be useful to replace it with a% material bonus or give bonus aid to collect, so you can choose for what to use it. in addition there are the daily missions that often ask to do many material productions: I would certainly waste the GB bonus, so it's useless to build it for me. but I think it's better this way, we have too many GB, if you did not put a third GB it was better
-as for the barracks it seems to me that they require too much population compared to the others of the same era, are you sure it's right?

DeletedUser8150

While your point on the mobility restriction of having to deal with terrain instead of flying is reasonable, your example pic is kindof a worst case scenario - the AI parked the scimitar right behind a pair of rough terrain - on a map filled with rough terrain. Their movement stat is the same as the eel - and eel mobility is not remotely lacking compared to the dragon drone.

Perhaps important though is why the dragon drone stopped working. Prior to the nautilus inclusion i used dragon drones for close to half the GE encounters. After the nautilus' inclusion it went way down as it'd take 5-6 hits to kill a nautilus and that was just too much. The octopod was the final death blow as it was another unit that'd just take way too many hits. The scimitar has much higher base stats (scaled further by my boosts), and a bonus vs the octopod. The important thing to remember with dragon breath units is that they don't need to 2 hit things - even getting to 3-5 damage is good enough if in the first rounds you're hitting multiple units for that much. The main concern is where units tend to be on their first turn - and whether they can be avoided til your second turn if you have to. The additional vulnerability to turturrets will somewhat limit their use but mixing with some eels or turturrets of your own should be feasible in that case.

Regardless i will try my best to make the scimitar work as it's my best hope atm to save myself from the hover tank spam blues :p The nautilus and octopod only caused me to use more and more of them.

I think you're off the mark on this one - flying will make it situationally useful (lots of artillery in both waves). It's balanced very similar to the TE combat drone - high attack, low defense. Swarm can't be of much (any?) use due to its lack of innate defense though - +defense specials only matter if the unit has good defense to begin with - only reactive armor can compensate for having no base defense to speak of.

But if there's 2+ artillery in both waves then 8 gliders will stand a decent chance (and if there's not i hope for the scimitar - much how i fought TE expedition - combat drones if 2+ artillery in each, stealth tanks if not)

I'm not sure swarm gives enough Def. Assuming you can put all the gliders into a cube the def is only approaching the base defence of many other units. Once you apply likely Def boosts from terrain to the NME units let alone unit bonus you can be so far behind the swarm becomes pretty feeble. I wonder if even a +5 or +10 tweak of swarm to 35/40 per unit might balance better. After all you have to open your units up to dragonstrike by forming a cube anyway.

Miepie

Baronet
It still means that you have an X% chance that N of the collections will be doubled. Collections with the "collect all" happen all at once so it could be randomly any of the collections in the city (of course the normal "rules" of it not working on GBs, etc. still apply). Same goes for all such boosts.

Hmmm, this should be fixed, it should be prioritised just like the aid function, first buildings that give highest fp and goods values. Bit of a waste if a SoK doubles while there are palaces and terrace farms availible. With coin and supplies this never really was an issue for me, but with this GB it becomes a bit of a flaw.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Hmmm, this should be fixed, it should be prioritised just like the aid function, first buildings that give highest fp and goods values. Bit of a waste if a SoK doubles while there are palaces and terrace farms availible. With coin and supplies this never really was an issue for me, but with this GB it becomes a bit of a flaw.
I'd argue that "fixed" isn't the appropriate word to use, since it's not really broken. ;) It collects all, it doesn't prioritize your buildings and collect them one by one.

But anyway, you can always manually pick the several buildings you want to use the chance on, and then use the collect all functionality for the remaining buildings? That way you ensure that the chances are spent on the buildings -you- want selected.

Miepie

Baronet
Let's say it should be improved then.
And yes, there is a workaround but that makes the option of collecting all with diamonds less attractive, while giving vindictive neighbors a larger window of opportunity to plunder something.

DeletedUser8150

I'd argue that "fixed" isn't the appropriate word to use, since it's not really broken. ;) It collects all, it doesn't prioritize your buildings and collect them one by one.

But anyway, you can always manually pick the several buildings you want to use the chance on, and then use the collect all functionality for the remaining buildings? That way you ensure that the chances are spent on the buildings -you- want selected.

I don't diamond collect, so I don;t have a horse in this fight, but surely the devs have an incentive to want ppl to pay to collect that they might be wise to prioritise the best buldings?

DeletedUser7779

level 37: 50% at 10 = 5 doubled
5 times 5 FP extra for 10 terrace farms = 25

a Cape or AO at level 37 gives 37 FP
Kraken gives 29
Hagia and co: 21

That! Looks like Inno failed the math test again ;)
I agree with some comments that not every GB should be outstanding, then again the way it is now, I'd rank it less than decent because:
1) The double collection requires TFs/Palaces. At lvl 37, we'd need a total of 10 TFs or Palaces to ensure collecting 25 FPs. A good guess is that only a handful of players have 10 or more...I personally have a total of 8 in my main world on live --> useless to me
2) The second bonus is useless too. As mentioned by many, most OF players don't need medals !! Did Inno forget about Kraken's initial boost here on beta? It was medals!!!! Why are you repeating the same mistake again after hundreds of complaints?

Suggested fix:
Remove second bonus and increase the chance of double collecting to 75% at lvl 37. (adjust values for other lvls based on that). That would make it 37.5* fps on average per collection (same as AO/Cape).
OR
Change the second bonus (there were lots of suggestions already, I personally like the idea of another coin boost) and slightly increase the chance of double collection, say to 60% at lvl 37. That would give us 30* fps on average (similar to Kraken)

*Provided we have at least 10 TFs/Palaces, which alone is quite of a requirement.