• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Auto Battle

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7942

what a lot of nonsense, you should do something about the so called << farming champs>>, even that iam doing it most of all, i 've said it long long time ago. this thing must stop, is nothing more than disease and so unjust in the game. but who really cares ??
meh, if solo players/non GvG holders can farm GvG then I don't see why guilds can't.

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

Emperor
meh, if solo players/non GvG holders can farm GvG then I don't see why guilds can't.

Doesn't really have to do with what you quoted. They made no mention of who was doing it, only that it's being done (in fact, they mention doing it themselves) and that they see it as a problem.

Regarding the update, looks like a nice QoL change if nothing else. There are times where it isn't desirable to use it, even in a 'certain win' scenario (as @zwucki noted with not wanting to advance a unit too far ahead of rogues), but all of the old functionality is still there for those instances. I can definitely see myself making use of this!

DeletedUser7977

Hello !
A very good idea ! Thank very much to the staff :)
Good evening

DeletedUser7942

Doesn't really have to do with what you quoted. They made no mention of who was doing it, only that it's being done (in fact, they mention doing it themselves) and that they see it as a problem.
Just assumed when they mentioned champs that it's a guild that has GvG sectors.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
This is going to change the GvG meta probably - since speed rules it'll be a matter of figuring out formations that are safe to auto without seeing the opposition - possibly sending 2 units with 6 rogues for safety at times. or using slow units that won't get into trouble not being held back as the nonrogues. I'm not sure how i feel about that entirely.

qaccy

Emperor
@xivarmy Because of that, it's probably not going to affect GvG too much - a sector with varied defenses where there's no 'one size fits all' attack army is too risky to roll the dice with the auto-battle button. In FE for instance, you might be able to sweep through just about everything with RGs but if an 8-army sector has just one army with a lot of Drone Swarms, you've got a chance of losing 8 units every time you click that button rather than loading the battlefield normally. Perhaps this will just promote even more active Alcatraz levelling to offset an increase in unit losses from using this button? Time will tell; it's certainly interesting to think about.

High level orangery helps, with my level 90 orangery in my main world I get a 27% chance of a critical strike and therefore almost a 50% chance of 2-hit killing any unit that normally needs 3 hits (1-(73/100)^2 is about 0.47). And I think 8 drones only ever beat 1 RG 7 rogue with a hefty bonus, on 0% def sectors you can just auto through it.

I'm struggling to see this. I don't have hordes of rogues, so don't attack with 7 anyway, but I can't see that this makes a difference. Until the defence strategy is corrected, wading in with 7 rogues continues to make sense, to me.

For example, in CE if you go with AA+7 rogue and auto you will almost certainly get wiped out, as the AA will get killed first. Same with 1 tank 7 rogues. Ofc some combinations like 1 rail gun 7 rogue won't have that problem.

DeletedUser7779

@xivarmy Because of that, it's probably not going to affect GvG too much - a sector with varied defenses where there's no 'one size fits all' attack army is too risky to roll the dice with the auto-battle button. In FE for instance, you might be able to sweep through just about everything with RGs but if an 8-army sector has just one army with a lot of Drone Swarms, you've got a chance of losing 8 units every time you click that button rather than loading the battlefield normally. Perhaps this will just promote even more active Alcatraz levelling to offset an increase in unit losses from using this button? Time will tell; it's certainly interesting to think about.
Absolutely agree, I surely won't risk it in GvG.
Even in OF - i usually attack with 1 eel 7 rogues, hide the eel first, then hit auto. If there's only one 8 crab or 8 mantas defense my eels are as good as dead.

For example, in CE if you go with AA+7 rogue and auto you will almost certainly get wiped out, as the AA will get killed first. Same with 1 tank 7 rogues. Ofc some combinations like 1 rail gun 7 rogue won't have that problem.
Yep, it's gonna be a suicide to auto in CE... unless defense is all strike teams :D And even in FE it's not guaranteed - like qaccy mentioned (see above) - only 1 drone swarms army in defense is sufficient to kill all rails/rogues. And defending guilds will surely put at least 1 exactly for that reason.

To be honest, I don't really think I'd use this feature - even in GE lvl 1 - I'd rather waste a few more seconds to hold/hide my real unit first and then hit auto rather than risk it and auto from the beginning.
Only use i can see atm (other than champ farming :mad:) is when hitting off sieges - once the siege army is known the appropriate attack army could be set on auto.

DeletedUser730

Nice feature, it does save some time ! :)

While using it on GvG though, when I close the window presenting the result of the battle, it seems to fade out quite slowly.
Is this intended ?
Moreover, while it fades out, I can click to do another battle. When doing this, in fact no battle happens => kinf of confusing.

Exactly. Please increase the speed of that fadeout.

DeletedUser4381

Please leave any feedback for the Auto Battle feature here.
You can find the details in the announcement here.

Thank you! :)

Very useful to have, when it's clearly an auto-battle scenario. Saves time, and bandwidth/resources on the servers.

One request though; Can you swap the position of the two buttons? The auto-battle button is where the standard attack button was, and still is on live, so I've accidentally clicked it twice through "muscle memory" already. Cancel is being removed anyway, so putting auto-battle there would be better.

podkap1970

Emperor
One request though; Can you swap the position of the two buttons? The auto-battle button is where the standard attack button was, and still is on live, so I've accidentally clicked it twice through "muscle memory" already. Cancel is being removed anyway, so putting auto-battle there would be better.
this !

DeletedUser8341

its an absolutly terrible feature
it helps most of the time only the XP farmers
in GE you can't do often autobattle, because of the borked KI there

:(
Thank you for the response, @Medribradrion but I still can ot see what is so bad about giving the option of this feature (other than what @Lady Bulgar pointed out, the buttons being in the wrong place).

It makes no difference to how the battle will be calculated between going into the battle screen and immediately hitting "Auto" and hitting Auto from the army screen.

Nobody is being forced to autobattle.
Nobody is being forced to autobattle without having first moved a few troops.
Everybody is being given the option to autobattle without entering the battle screen if that is what they want to do.

Personally, like you, I doubt I would use it more than once a week (on the early stages of GE .. maybe) but there are players who auto-battle every fight. There are those with cities on a dozen worlds who can't afford the time to play the game in what I (and maybe you) consider a 'proper way to play' and all they do is sling troops willy-nilly against every enemy and hope for the best, relying on massively-high attack bonuses and huge numbers of troops churned out by Alcatrazs on every world. Boring, to my way of thinking, but enabled by the GBs that the game provides. I don't see that letting these people attack without ever seeing the battle screen is such a bad deal - if anything, it helps us all to defend even better from such people, since they are likely to be even more sloppy in their attacking.

conqueror9

Regent
Auto Battle

strongly request to make confirmation (Y or N)

I have press "auto battle" instead of "attack" ...7 out of 10 times...even I intend to choose "attack"
my "no loss" result in "solder healing" and "soldier loss"

In fact, that "auto battle"
is just a repeat "auto finish" the remaining battle...just a case..u see no problem when u enter battle-fields, chose "auto finish"
normally , we do some move and guide soldier move to correct position, then "auto finish"

that "auto battle" is much worst
To me, AI is not clever enough, so we always need to guide some move b4 auto-finish in order to reduce our loss

DeletedUser8341

strongly request to make confirmation (Y or N)
My first reaction to this news (I don't have the screen, yet) included that I hope the Auto-battle has a confirmation.
There is a confirmtion requirment on the battle screen and, considering the potential damage done by mis-selecting this option, there should be a confirmation requirement from the army management.

DeletedUser5882

Can you swap the position of the two buttons? The auto-battle button is where the standard attack button was

Please do it asap because there is something called muscle memory and even if it reads "auto battle" I several times pressed it by accident because it was the normal battle button and the other one negotiate. Do not make changes like this please. Change the button size or color but not the position.

I would also suggest putting distance between the 2 buttons. This would cause our hand movement to be made more conscious and maybe even render the need for confirmation unnecessary

Mackie

Squire
There must be something wrong: for the second battle there is always an error and the game restarts.

I hate auto, never ever use it but some do and thats their choice, but why make a new auto button on the troop screen to replace the close button then swap them around???? stupid, the attack has always been on the right now I am in a couple of screens trying to do GE, flick back to live server and close my screen, flick back to beta and auto when I don't want to......
More useless rubbish added to the game along with incidents, the daily quests that give me the bottom of the barrel everyday blah blah blah..but the ongoing issues that come up in beta then end up in the live game never get fixed??? did they sack everyone and hire a group of kindergarten kids or something??? why continually add rubbish instead of fixing the problems...geeeez